Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Regional Power Rankings- EKY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Belfry
2. Johnson Central
3. Bell County
4. Ashland
5. Pikeville

Game of the Week:
Belfry vs. Harlan County
1 Pulaski
2 Belfry
3 Jonathan central
4 Madison Southern
5 Bell county
1. Pulaski
2. Belfry
3. Jonathan central
4. Madison Southern
5. Bell
maroon pride Wrote:1. Pulaski
2. Belfry
3. Jonathan central
4. Madison Southern
5. Bell

WTH??? Pulaski and MS are not in EKY for these ranking purposes...We will forgive you since you are new to the site lol enjoy!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Belfry
2. Johnson Central
3. Bell County
4. Ashland
5. Pikeville

Game of the Week:
Belfry vs. Harlan County

No disrespect intended to PHS, and I don't know much about Ashland other than Baker, but the top four would pound number 5 and Lawrence County is probably better than Pikeville IMO, though their competition has not been great. Prestonsburg isn't bad either.
I think Pikeville, LC, Hazard, Pike Central, and Pburg all on neutral fields would be some good matchups!
What happen to Rankings BGR Regional Power Ranking -SKY .....EKUALUM05....don't forget south. TongueirateSho
bucslover68 Wrote:No disrespect intended to PHS, and I don't know much about Ashland other than Baker, but the top four would pound number 5 and Lawrence County is probably better than Pikeville IMO, though their competition has not been great. Prestonsburg isn't bad either.

As of right now...we know Pikeville is good...two quality wins to start the season. Pikeville has beat a pair of Top 10 teams in their respective class.

So far Lawrence has beat two teams who are among the Bottom 5 or 6 teams in their respective class.
64SUR Wrote:What happen to Rankings BGR Regional Power Ranking -SKY .....EKUALUM05....don't forget south. TongueirateSho

Will not have those until tomorrow...have to wait on the Wayne County vs. North Laurel game since it has Top 5 implications. John Hardin is to blame for that after a similar situation last week and then they lost.
Ashland is ranked too high IMO
EKUAlum05 Wrote:As of right now...we know Pikeville is good...two quality wins to start the season. Pikeville has beat a pair of Top 10 teams in their respective class.

So far Lawrence has beat two teams who are among the Bottom 5 or 6 teams in their respective class.

I think PHS is good too, I guess I am thinking more head to head against a team like Lawrence County. I think LC is a little bit better,, but that is really neither here or there. In fact, I believe PHS loses , at most, two regular season games and holds serve during the playoffs and has a Pike County party in BG with Belfry!
bucslover68 Wrote:I think PHS is good too, I guess I am thinking more head to head against a team like Lawrence County. I think LC is a little bit better,, but that is really neither here or there. In fact, I believe PHS loses , at most, two regular season games and holds serve during the playoffs and has a Pike County party in BG with Belfry!

I would kill to be at that party 68! I hope you are right. If we're are all in BG I wouldn't even mind hearing about the streak every 7 seconds or so.:Thumbs:
Here's why I think it will happen. I believe the home field helps a lot and PHS will get tested enough by Belfry and Middlesboro and Russell to be honed for the playoffs. Also with Pugh, you may have a clock killer and short yardage guy that will be big in the playoffs. Obviously he is more than that now,but with Class A as close at it is on the east, IMO , you need big first downs and some ball control to keep some of these offenses off the field. Yes, that sounds like a Belfry formula, but it works. You pick up a couple more first downs in 99 at Beechwood and you most likely have four big trophies.
bucslover68 Wrote:Here's why I think it will happen. I believe the home field helps a lot and PHS will get tested enough by Belfry and Middlesboro and Russell to be honed for the playoffs. Also with Pugh, you may have a clock killer and short yardage guy that will be big in the playoffs. Obviously he is more than that now,but with Class A as close at it is on the east, IMO , you need big first downs and some ball control to keep some of these offenses off the field. Yes, that sounds like a Belfry formula, but it works. You pick up a couple more first downs in 99 at Beechwood and you most likely have four big trophies.

One more.:Sad04: But I agree with your post, and again, hope you are right!
What is the criteria for making the top 5 in these power rankings?
pjdoug Wrote:What is the criteria for making the top 5 in these power rankings?

Win a game. Doesn't matter who you beat.
Everybody singing pikeville praises. One they are a decent team they have squeezed out a couple of close wins over a 1a and a 2a at home. Two they are not close to the team raceland has. You have ashland in your top 5 they just barely beat raceland at home that's a 4a against a 1a forget the bais and look at the teams.

1.johnson central
2. Belfry ( best 3a in the state)
3. Bell co.
4. Pike county central
5. Raceland
After that you got lc, ashland, pikeville, hazard, pburg, all about even
At this point, I would give Pikeville the slight edge over Raceland. They are pretty much even with Hazard. Hazard was right there with them on their own field until the self destruction of Dixon. Hazard never posed a threat after that.
mysonis55 Wrote:At this point, I would give Pikeville the slight edge over Raceland. They are pretty much even with Hazard. Hazard was right there with them on their own field until the self destruction of Dixon. Hazard never posed a threat after that.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=27
That's alright, keep knocking Pikeville, we kind of like it. Anybody that thinks Dixon getting tossed lost the game for Hazard didn't see the game. Was not close from the middle of the 3rd quarter on. We certainly have no motivation problems with WYMT and some of the posters on here. Fuel for the fire.
What happend to Dixon the other night? I know he got tossed what led to it?
I'm not knocking anyone. There was a definate shift in the game once he got tossed.
Pikeville outscored Hazard 35 - 12 after halftime. I'm not counting that TD on our JV by Hazard's starters as time expired. That was a waste. Jones may have carried the ball one time in the 4th quarter. He will get in shape by mid-season. But Pikeville's conditioning showed up in the 2nd half. THAT was the difference, not a coach losing his cool. What people are going to find out is that this year's Pikeville team is better than last year's. Are we better enough to beat Belfry? No. A LOT of people are going to lose to Belfry. But I like our chances against anybody else till BG. Time will tell. We've made 7 turnovers to our opponents' 0 and STILL won both games against Top Ten teams. We're still beaten up with at least three guys out last Friday night and one injured during the game. By playoff time, if healthy, we should be clicking. Not saying any of the other teams aren't good, but this team is noticably different. Again, time will tell.
bucslover68 Wrote:Here's why I think it will happen. I believe the home field helps a lot and PHS will get tested enough by Belfry and Middlesboro and Russell to be honed for the playoffs. Also with Pugh, you may have a clock killer and short yardage guy that will be big in the playoffs. Obviously he is more than that now,but with Class A as close at it is on the east, IMO , you need big first downs and some ball control to keep some of these offenses off the field. Yes, that sounds like a Belfry formula, but it works. You pick up a couple more first downs in 99 at Beechwood and you most likely have four big trophies.

Agree 68 . This type of ball control has proven to work so very well in high school football. Imo, if not for that crazy interception in 99 at Beechwood, a ball control type running back might have made the difference.:1::1::1::1:
dawg fan Wrote:Everybody singing pikeville praises. One they are a decent team they have squeezed out a couple of close wins over a 1a and a 2a at home. Two they are not close to the team raceland has. You have ashland in your top 5 they just barely beat raceland at home that's a 4a against a 1a forget the bais and look at the teams.

1.johnson central
2. Belfry ( best 3a in the state)
3. Bell co.
4. Pike county central
5. Raceland
After that you got lc, ashland, pikeville, hazard, pburg, all about even

How can you say a team like Raceland or Pike Central is better than a team like Letcher County or several other East Kentucky teams??
Just watch them play, but to be honest I have not seen letcher play so you could be right.