Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danville @ Boyle County "TitleTownShowDown" 9/5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Danville Admirals(2-0) will make the 2.5 mile drive, if that, to take on their crosstown rival Boyle County Rebels(2-0) at Rebel Stadium.

The Admirals dominated Russell County in their season opener but barely squeaked by Garrard County last week. The Rebels held off Bullitt East in their season opener but had their way with Lincoln County last week. Both teams are 2-0.

Who wins? Why?
I think that Boyle wins this game 35-21.
Boyle 35 to 14, close for a quarter and a half then. Boyle pulls away.
I'm going to take Boyle County by 2-3 touchdowns.
I hope the Ads take this one.
Westside Wrote:I hope the Ads take this one.

No judgement here but may I ask why?
BoyleCounty Wrote:No judgement here but may I ask why?

I have no connection to either but my former head coach was a defensive coordinator at Danville back in their glory days.
Westside Wrote:I have no connection to either but my former head coach was a defensive coordinator at Danville back in their glory days.

Understood! :Thumbs: I tend to pull for Bourbon County a lot because John Hodge, the Head Coach, was one of my coaches at Boyle County in the glory days.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Understood! :Thumbs: I tend to pull for Bourbon County a lot because John Hodge, the Head Coach, was one of my coaches at Boyle County in the glory days.

Lol! We are opposites. I coached at Paris Middle School so I always root for the Greyhounds.
Danville gets to show how much they have improved. This game is always a good gauge for both teams to see where they are at.
Westside Wrote:Lol! We are opposites. I coached at Paris Middle School so I always root for the Greyhounds.

You're right! We are opposites lol. We all have ties somewhere! :Thumbs:
E's Army Wrote:Danville gets to show how much they have improved. This game is always a good gauge for both teams to see where they are at.

So you're taking the Admirals? Was the starting QB out last week for the Admirals?

I agree as far as this being a game to see where both teams are at this early in the season.
It seems as if Danville could not stop the running attack of Garrard County last week. I'm not very familiar with GC, even though I live in the county next to them, but if the Admirals could not stop them then I do not see Danville stopping the Rebels run game led by Stewart Hoskins.
Boyle County 35
Danville 14
BoyleCounty Wrote:It seems as if Danville could not stop the running attack of Garrard County last week. I'm not very familiar with GC, even though I live in the county next to them, but if the Admirals could not stop them then I do not see Danville stopping the Rebels run game led by Stewart Hoskins.

Garrard is a pretty good 3A team this year. Maybe not title contenders but can win several games.
Boyle County 45
Danville 14
Boyle Co big.
Not saying Danville wins but boyle hasn't been impressive in either game. They don't route Danville their defense hasn't seen the athletes or spread offense they are about to face.
Looking for a great game from my ads! Let the great rivalry continue and get better. Ads 28-21.
LWC Wrote:Garrard is a pretty good 3A team this year. Maybe not title contenders but can win several games.

You missed my overall point. My point was that Boyle County is a better team than Garrard County and has a better running game. Not trying to make Garrard County sound like a bad team because they are not. I just believe Boyle County is better.
cctiger Wrote:Not saying Danville wins but boyle hasn't been impressive in either game. They don't route Danville their defense hasn't seen the athletes or spread offense they are about to face.

Neither has Danville. Just saying. Should be a good game! :thumbs:
I hope they have a better running game they have a college freshman at quarterback lol.
I have Boyle Co. Winning this one

BC - 28
Danville - 16
BoyleCounty Wrote:Danville Admirals(2-0) will make the 2.5 mile drive, if that, to take on their crosstown rival Boyle County Rebels(2-0) at Rebel Stadium.

The Admirals dominated Russell County in their season opener but barely squeaked by Garrard County last week. The Rebels held off Bullitt East in their season opener but had their way with Lincoln County last week. Both teams are 2-0.

Who wins? Why?
In a slobber Knocker:baldbull: Close at first, but Boyle County grinds out a win. 28-14.
cctiger Wrote:Not saying Danville wins but boyle hasn't been impressive in either game. They don't route Danville their defense hasn't seen the athletes or spread offense they are about to face.

Did Danville recruit a new team since last year?IMO Danville hasn't seen a defense like Boyle's got or faced an offense like Boyles either.the French era is over the days of Boyle running the ball 70% of the time are thru,Danville better be ready to defend a balanced offense with an exellent Passing game.I'll still take Boyle by 3 to 4 TD'S
That same great offense that only put 13 up against Bullet east and 41 against a terrible Lincoln County team? Boyle's defense has always been good and will be better with chuck but Boyle doesn't have or getting the same athletes they have had in years past.
cctiger Wrote:That same great offense that only put 13 up against Bullet east and 41 against a terrible Lincoln County team? Boyle's defense has always been good and will be better with chuck but Boyle doesn't have or getting the same athletes they have had in years past.

14 points against Bullitt East if we are getting technical. And Bullitt East isn't no slouch. They are better than both teams that Danville has faced if you ask me but there is no way of proving that.

I don't think you are giving Boyle County enough credit. They are faster this year than they have been in awhile so they have the athletes. Also, I've stated numerous times that Danville is a good team but I just believe Boyle County is a few touchdowns better.
cctiger Wrote:That same great offense that only put 13 up against Bullet east and 41 against a terrible Lincoln County team? Boyle's defense has always been good and will be better with chuck but Boyle doesn't have or getting the same athletes they have had in years past.

Just keep telling your self that, you might change your mind after Friday night.
So what I'm getting from all these Boyle County fans is just because Chuck is back in town this is the best football team they have had since 03. The fact is even though Chuck is an amazing coach your only as good as the athletes around you . He can't tackle run catch or score touchdowns.
cctiger Wrote:So what I'm getting from all these Boyle County fans is just because Chuck is back in town this is the best football team they have had since 03. The fact is even though Chuck is an amazing coach your only as good as the athletes around you . He can't tackle run catch or score touchdowns.

You are taking things way out of context my friend. At this point I personally do not have Boyle County winning state. Do I think they are contenders? Absolutely! And just because the Boyle County fans think the Rebels will win this Friday against Danville does not mean we think they are unbeatable. :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2