Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 49 Hazard 36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What a night by Pugh... 300+ yards and 7 TD's
I cant believe the way they allowed those 7 td's. Straight up the gut, no adjustments.

I also cant believe the ejection of Dixon.
Pikeville is a much better team right now and earned a solid win. Hazard will get better and in football shape by playoffs.
mysonis55 Wrote:I cant believe the way they allowed those 7 td's. Straight up the gut, no adjustments.

I also cant believe the ejection of Dixon.

The only defense/excuse I will give to Hazard is:

A) They lost Blanton to an injury and he is a pretty crucial cog
B) The ejection of Dixon hurt their ability to make said adjustment

With that said, Pikeville just broke their will tonight and I thought Hazard's play calling was a bit too cute at times. Pikeville found out Pugh was their ticket to victory and they rode that horse.

Pikeville actually didn't play very well in the First Half with several costly turnovers and penalties or they may have put up even more points.

Your Mayfield team is on a different level than these East teams right now (and it may stay that way), but Pikeville has the pieces at least to make a push through the East and potentially make it at least interesting if they can improve every week.
Pughs the man! Wow! Who would've thought 7 tds. against this Hazard team. We'll see some good things out of him this season for sure. Congrats go to the Panthers once again. Good luck to the Dawgs in the remainder of the season.
Congrats to Pikeville on the win!

Hazard keep ur heads up Pikeville is good and a tough place to get a win...

Hope Blanton is OK..
If you would have told me Pikeville would have 7 turnovers in the first 6 quarters against Prestonburg and and Hazard and also would have forced ZERO turnovers I would bet that the Panthers would be on the short end of two blowouts. Gutsy team with a will to win and pretty good upside from here even...IF they clean up the turnover differential and costly penalties.
First 2 games last year and this year:
Last year - down to Prestonsburg 20-9 at the half and come back to win 37-20.
This year - down to Prestonsburg 29-15 going into the 4th and come back to win 30-29.
Last year - down to Hazard 28-21 at the half then come back to blow it out to 56-28 before winning 62-50.
This year -down to Hazard 24-14 in the third then come back to blow it out to 49-30 before winning 49-36.

:redboxer:Confusedinglepar
Last night at the PCB we had 10-12 Pikeville players that sat below us during the PCC vs Somerset game and during the first half of the Belfry vs HC game. These kids were well mannered, respectful, friendly and very into the game. I was highly impressed with their maturity. Not one loud or rude comment, not one curse word, these kids were all business while watching the games. They represented their school very well and I wanted to brag on them just a little. I must say this old Pirate will pulling for these guys all year (except for the Belfry game) Congratulations !
I love the way this Panther team answers the bell whenever they look to be down and out. They just don't quit. This is a group of mentally tough kids! Coach and his staff will work on the turnover situation and The D will get better as the season progresses. Pugh is a beast and he always has been. But let's give some credit to the big boys up front opening up those holes for him. Great win against a Hazard team that will get better. HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!
are the defenses for both teams weak against the run?
PIkeville has put themselves in the forefront to make a run at gettiing the honor to play Mayfield.
pjdoug Wrote:are the defenses for both teams weak against the run?

Pikeville isn't horrible it's just Brandon Jones is a monster. Pikeville isn't the steel curtain by any means but they are significantly stronger than Hazard against the run and seemed to be much quicker on the edges. Pikeville struggled against the pass in their First Game but looked much better last night.
Good win for Pville !! Hold you head up Dawgs !!! GO BULLDOGS !!!
Congrats PHS.
Will Dixon sit out this week against us?
I would say they are both weak against the run. Hazard for god's sake, put a lb in the middle. Pugh just ran straight up the middle for several long td's. There was no one there once he broke the line. He does look fairly quick but you can't let him get started.
WOW!!!!! What a show this was to watch. Hats off to Pugh on an awesome performance and to his offensive line for opening the gates for him!!!!! Hope the injured players all turnout to be ok and able to hit the fields come Friday.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would say they are both weak against the run. Hazard for god's sake, put a lb in the middle. Pugh just ran straight up the middle for several long td's. There was no one there once he broke the line. He does look fairly quick but you can't let him get started.

Put Mayfield's defense out there against Jones and they will look weak against the run too. Pure beast.:eyeroll:
Very nice win for the Panthers. Congrats! Shaping up to be a W'Burg/Pikeville semi, imo, but the Rams will have a say, too...
We are hopeful that we get that opportunity. I promise if we do they will not make our run def look weak against the run. We just got done dealing with Pooh Jones and Zyere Hughes. I understand we held them to under 100 yds rushing. I promise you haven't seen anything like that group. Besides, why turn this into a Mayfield thread. I mentioned what the defenses had wrong, just fix it.
First congrats to Pikeville on the big win over a team that will be heard from again this season.

How did Estep fair.

After seeing Beechwood last night I can't wait until I get my copy of this game, so I can compare the two.

Beechwood in defeat last night by the Fighting Owls showed me a whole lot.

They are big, quick, can throw the ball and run the ball and they showed no quit last night even being down, 28-0 at one point.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Will Dixon sit out this week against us?

He is done for the next three games
TigerBlues Wrote:He is done for the next three games

WOW. Pretty harsh. What did he get tossed for? I figured it was for arguing too vehemently but I read on twitter it was "for a series of personal fouls."
Is there a new rule that coaches can get tossed if their team has multiple personal fouls?
jetpilot Wrote:WOW. Pretty harsh. What did he get tossed for? I figured it was for arguing too vehemently but I read on twitter it was "for a series of personal fouls."
Is there a new rule that coaches can get tossed if their team has multiple personal fouls?

Idk about that JP but I remember when Runyon was tossed a couple years ago he had to sit out three games
Sounds like I missed a humdinger of a game !!

You guys show a LOT of heart, Panthers... :Thumbs:
mysonis55 Wrote:We are hopeful that we get that opportunity. I promise if we do they will not make our run def look weak against the run. We just got done dealing with Pooh Jones and Zyere Hughes. I understand we held them to under 100 yds rushing. I promise you haven't seen anything like that group. Besides, why turn this into a Mayfield thread. I mentioned what the defenses had wrong, just fix it.

Please.Confusednicker: McCracken has a nice team but they got drilled in the playoffs last year. It's still Lone Oak, Reidland and Heath for gosh sakes. McCracken didn't have to run, they threw at will and rolled up nearly 500 yards of offense against Mayfield. That's a lot more they got against Tilghman who isn't all that either. So no, I don't fear Mayfield's defense. Pikeville's run defense will improve and be pretty good. They held Frasure of Prestonsburg under 100 yards and he is a VERY good back. Jones will make everyone he faces look bad. Go look how many yards he rushed for against W'burg last year even though Hazard lost that game. Think what you want, Mayfield is better than Hazard at this stage of the season and probably all season, but Mayfield doesn't want any part of Jones.
Sure you show a lot of class taking the time to say nice things about those young people.... You are the kind of person I would enjoy to know.... I have always thought of Belfry being a CLASS program.... The best to you and yours.....
Jet, I tell you what, if by chance one of them two make and we do as well, I would be willing to put a friendly wager on what them two will do against our run defense. 64 will tell you, I won't back down. How many 6a schools are they gonna play this year? Even if they only made it to the second round. They are a year better and a year stronger. Come what them some time. Even better yet go to wpsd site and check them out.
Hughes averaged 53 yards a game rushing last year, Jones averaged 21 yards a game. So far this year McCracken has rushed for 160 yards as a team through 2 games, an average of 80 a game. Yes, I have seen better running backs. Saw 2 last night as a matter of fact. You need to get out more 55.
Pages: 1 2 3