Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Covington Catholic 41 Dixie Heights 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Park Hills KY after a 9:30a kickoff.

Congrats to the blue colonels on the win. They won in every facet of the game. Dixie has some work to do!
I thought I remembered seeing where this was Dixie's year to do big things, so is CCH that good or is my memory just failing me?
BFritz Wrote:I thought I remembered seeing where this was Dixie's year to do big things, so is CCH that good or is my memory just failing me?

I heard and read the same things. When you have two kids already committed to D1 schools ( the TE and DL/OL) plus one other in Moore, I really expected this one to be a slugfest.
I'm hoping that this Cov Cath team is really this good more so than Dixie is overrated. Still a little early in the season to make that kind of determination, but certainly this was as complete as game as I could have hoped for offensively, defensively and special teams.
On offense, they have some of the fastest receivers in the state, an athletic O line, a solid running game and a duel threat QB. On defense, the D line is as good as there is in the state IMO, the LB's (though a little young) are quick to the ball and the defensive backs have done everything needed including one of the best Safety's in N Ky.
Looking forward to Moeller. I'm realistic about the slim possibilities for a win, but would like to see a better showing than last year. Injury free too!
Big statement by Cov Cath
bluedad1 Wrote:I heard and read the same things. When you have two kids already committed to D1 schools ( the TE and DL/OL) plus one other in Moore, I really expected this one to be a slugfest.
I'm hoping that this Cov Cath team is really this good more so than Dixie is overrated. Still a little early in the season to make that kind of determination, but certainly this was as complete as game as I could have hoped for offensively, defensively and special teams.
On offense, they have some of the fastest receivers in the state, an athletic O line, a solid running game and a duel threat QB. On defense, the D line is as good as there is in the state IMO, the LB's (though a little young) are quick to the ball and the defensive backs have done everything needed including one of the best Safety's in N Ky.
Looking forward to Moeller. I'm realistic about the slim possibilities for a win, but would like to see a better showing than last year. Injury free too!

That's what I was thinking but I'm very heavily brain damaged so I wasn't sure.

I believe that CovCath is very underrated this year, which is probably because they're so young.

Be interesting to see if they can at least put in a good showing against Moeller, and I agree that injury free is a must so we can be ready for Highlands two weeks later.
Honestly did not expect this.

I'm starting to believe this May be Cov Caths year to beat the Birds
bluedad1 Wrote:I heard and read the same things. When you have two kids already committed to D1 schools ( the TE and DL/OL) plus one other in Moore, I really expected this one to be a slugfest.

If ever there was a season that I would say cchs has the best opportunity to beat the birds...after what I saw today it would be this one. Wagner is all that and a bag of chips. Blue Colonel defense is very solid.

Good luck against Moeller this week. Shoe may be on the other foot against them!
To get beat like that, maybe a coaching change is needed. Dixie is loaded.
MrBWesley Wrote:To get beat like that, maybe a coaching change is needed. Dixie is loaded.

BWesley you are out of your goard. Don't take that to heart and welcome to bgr. WE cut up a bit here. Coach Brossart is the reason why these kids have come as far as they have. No need for a coaches change. Just a few tweeks and growth.

The players didn't show what they were capable of yesterday. A 9:30a start time didn't help either. These kids hadn't seen that since youth football days. Cchs is a very good football team and should overcome past obstacles this season!

:eyeroll:
I don't know. I mentioned in another post. Football boils down to two things why you don't win. Bad coaches or bad players. If dixie has a team full of good players, where does the leave us?
MrBWesley Wrote:I don't know. I mentioned in another post. Football boils down to two things why you don't win. Bad coaches or bad players. If dixie has a team full of good players, where does the leave us?

Two schools of thought...they're bad/winded, flat or didn't execute game plan/plays called ( they all work hand and hand ). One game doesn't determine that.

See how easy it is based on above bolded how things can be taken out of context. If folks reading this focus on the bolded. You are a self proclaimed non-knower...I kid.

Early kickoff, heat, and lack of execution contributed to the outcome. Congrats to cchs for overcoming those factors better than Dixie Heights!
I have have heard this is the best Cov Cath team in years.
I don't know Spirit. That was one unprepared team that did not compete on Saturday. I was drinking the Dixie kool-aid as well. What is wrong with Drew Moore? It just seems that he has not developed. So many poorly thrown balls. Defense played well enough, but getting two picks with no points has to be discouraging.
Dixie and Boone both largely beat themselves, both giving up early scores on special teams mistakes that put them in early holes on the road. I would like to see Cov Cath play a team that does not beat themselves with turnovers, poor tacking and penalties. Can't really measure yourself against Moeller who is basically a D1 feeder program.
Good win CovCath. Keep your eyes on the prize!
Pick6 Wrote:Dixie and Boone both largely beat themselves, both giving up early scores on special teams mistakes that put them in early holes on the road. I would like to see Cov Cath play a team that does not beat themselves with turnovers, poor tacking and penalties. Can't really measure yourself against Moeller who is basically a D1 feeder program.

Boone and Dixie got beat- and largely - but not by themselves
Pick6 Wrote:Dixie and Boone both largely beat themselves, both giving up early scores on special teams mistakes that put them in early holes on the road. I would like to see Cov Cath play a team that does not beat themselves with turnovers, poor tacking and penalties. Can't really measure yourself against Moeller who is basically a D1 feeder program.

I agree with your angle here. I would also add injuries didn't help. RB Barrett was injured at end of 1st quarter and Moore played hurt after a big hit in the first quarter which caused a lot of poorly thrown balls.

Covcaths challenge this week after eating humble pie against Moeller will be to escape injury free!