Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County @ Belfry 9/5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Thoughts and predictions on this one. CMON Grannybear, let's get this party started.
Can a mod add the date to this. I forgot to put it on there. 9/5
Belfry wins by 12.
At Belfry this year
Warthog Wrote:At Belfry this year
Yep.
Belfry is solid on offense and defense. I think they win by 10+
Belfry 38
Harlan Co 12
After watching belfry dismantle Henry Clay not sure the black bears can hang with the pirates. Belfry looked solid on each side of the ball. Tall order for Harlan County to fill. With that said:
Belfry 35
Harlan County 16

(Sorry granny just think pirates too much for the black bears...TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho.)
panther nation Wrote:After watching belfry dismantle Henry Clay not sure the black bears can hang with the pirates. Belfry looked solid on each side of the ball. Tall order for Harlan County to fill. With that said:
Belfry 35
Harlan County 16

(Sorry granny just think pirates too much for the black bears...TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho.)

she don't care about that statement(so does she)Confusednicker:
Black Bears 28
Belfry 14
Belfry 35-14.
cuppett777 Wrote:she don't care about that statement(so does she)Confusednicker:

Hey not only can you NOT speak for me, you can't read my mind either!! Even I don't know what's in there half the time!!
Confusednicker:

Black Bears will be coming off a huge win of their own, AND the mountains don't intimidate US!!! So, we'll see.....

One mistake that Henry Clay probably made, that we will NOT make is over looking Belfry. We know how tough Belfry is, and that they are capable of playing a relatively mistake free game.

All that said, and all the accolades given; both teams have amazing head coaches. I would put Tom Larkey up with any of them, and I have all the confidence in the world in him and his staff. I know the Black Bears have worked hard over the summer and we'll have a game plan.

Belfry is coming off a huge win; they better not make the same mistake that Henry Clay made.....looking past their next opponent.

Looking forward to it next weekend; sure we'll be talking more trash soon. I'm very sorry about Belfry's injured player; hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Granny Bear Wrote:Hey not only can you NOT speak for me, you can't read my mind either!! Even I don't know what's in there half the time!!
Confusednicker:

Black Bears will be coming off a huge win of their own, AND the mountains don't intimidate US!!! So, we'll see.....

One mistake that Henry Clay probably made, that we will NOT make is over looking Belfry. We know how tough Belfry is, and that they are capable of playing a relatively mistake free game.

All that said, and all the accolades given; both teams have amazing head coaches. I would put Tom Larkey up with any of them, and I have all the confidence in the world in him and his staff. I know the Black Bears have worked hard over the summer and we'll have a game plan.

Belfry is coming off a huge win; they better not make the same mistake that Henry Clay made.....looking past their next opponent.

Looking forward to it next weekend; sure we'll be talking more trash soon. I'm very sorry about Belfry's injured player; hope he makes a speedy recovery.

maybe if the Pirates play dead the Bears wont eat them.
Just being honest I think the Bears are a little too green under the gills and don't have the team speed to beat Belfry after 4 quarters.

With that said, I remember thinking a young Belfry team was going to he in trouble going to HArlan County to play a team loaded at the skill spots last year. When you have a coach like Tom Larkey and the size up front the Bears have there is always potential for them to make you pay.

Think some people will predict a Belfry blowout but I think this is a fairly tight low scoring game.

Belfry 28
HC 13
Belfry 34
HC 12
Surely Belfry can't put two perfect games together back to back!!

Smile

pjdoug Wrote:maybe if the Pirates play dead the Bears wont eat them.

You are such a turd.
Bears 14 Pirates 7. I beleave fans are putting to much into the strength of Henry Clay. We have come A long way in the Mts. I know we are short on respect from some other regions of the state but we have the teams to compete and beat the big schools in Lex and Lou.
Granny Bear,

You ready for some Caldwell vs. Horton?

Going to be probably the best 1 on 1 battle in the trenches in EKY this year.
EKUAlum,

I am MORE than ready for that match up. I'm so thankful that Horton is the size that he is; Zak seems to handle the bigger boys so much better than the small ones! LOL

I'd say both of those babies will be sore the next day!!
If Belfry plays like they did last night within the 1st qtr. They will roll again with a win. 35-7
The Pirates will be too much for Harlan on both sides of the ball...Belfry 35-6
Horton has size and speed, I don't see anyone handling him one on one. He is going to be very special. Belfry rolls in this one 35-14
I think this will be a great game of smash mouth football right here, just hope it's an injury free game for both teams. I think the homefield advantage and revenge from last year will play the biggest part of determining this game, that being said I think the win will be going to Belfry. Two great programs going head to head!!!
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Horton has size and speed, I don't see anyone handling him one on one. He is going to be very special. Belfry rolls in this one 35-14

I'm not sure how Zak will match up with Horton on speed, but I will safely say that he can go one on one with Horton in size and strength. JMO
I myself can not wait for next Friday to get here. Last season when these two met at Harlan Co. it was a playoff like atmosphere early in the season. I believe it will feel the same way at The Cam. Looking forward to seeing some great friends from Harlan Co. And looking forward to another great game. I believe Larky will have the Bears ready to go and will not over look the pirates. And I don't believe Belfry will be looking ahead to Southwestern either. It's one game at a time. Getting better each week. I would say it will be close for a whole with belfry pulling away late in the game. BELFRY 35-20

Hey Granny. We still friends this week. Lol.
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm not sure how Zak will match up with Horton on speed, but I will safely say that he can go one on one with Horton in size and strength. JMO

What's the big guys bench and squat max Granny?
Not sure since camp. I'll ask him. Summer camp dropped about 15 lbs off of him!! LOL He barely clears 300 now.
I know its great 2 beat a 6a school but you brag a little 2 much when you do beat someone any given sunday anybody can be beat yea belfry looked good but you gotts look back henry clay lost all there stars an if it would of been last years team it would been a different story
Im going with hc 21 14
Hawk101 Wrote:I know its great 2 beat a 6a school but you brag a little 2 much when you do beat someone any given sunday anybody can be beat yea belfry looked good but you gotts look back henry clay lost all there stars an if it would of been last years team it would been a different story

Wrong thread dude. Also, Henry clay did not lose all of their stars, they were every bit as fast as advertised and loaded with talent. They came in thinking they were going to roll over the Pirates and hgot taken to the woodshed. Make all of the excuses you want about the credibility of this win or the legitimacy of Henry Clay, but this Belfry team dismantled a good quality 6A school loaded with D1 talent and speed. If you couldn't see that on the field last night then you sir need to study up on the game of football.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11