Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McCracken County 38 Mayfield 37 (Overtime)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final.
Overtime
Mayfield goes for two in OT and fails.
Nice win for McCracken!
Darn good game!!
Not understanding Mayfield's final play. They did not give it to the hoss back on a one yard play to score the PAT and win.
I will eat my crow now. I just hope it's served soft. We took it to the wire though. No quit in the red and black.
^
Theres not another 1A team in the state that McCracken wouldn't have put a running clock on. No shame in losing to a 6A team that's good.
Whew! That's the best high school football game I've seen in many years. The Cards are a force to be reckoned with!
One missed 48 yd fg away from winning. Missed by 1 yd.
Gulp.
Tough loss but still # 1 in class a.
That's why Mayfield is number #1 in 1A....Dang I was hoping mayfield was down just a little.....Williamsburg is coming. :Cheerlead
Did Hughes return after his injury? Hopefully it is not bad.

Meanwhile buckle your chin straps again 1A. The cards are still a force to be reckoned with.
http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/story/26408653...iron-glory
Here highlights... click link and watch plus some other local westky teams.
Trajon Bright and Jordan Tyler looked awesome.
I was a point off the other way. I knew it would be a close game and like I said mayfield wouldn't go away. Hats off to the Redbirds. The big bad thoroughbreds knew they wer in a fight. As for McCracken, y'all might as well stay home in the playoffs, yea very athletic, but to let little ole mayfield take you down to the wire with a sophomore and junior laden team?? If I'm McCracken there's no excited bone in my body after that win tonight! Little scary ole red hung around andwas a yard shy of being 2-0 against the stangs! Great game
mysonis55 Wrote:I will eat my crow now. I just hope it's served soft. We took it to the wire though. No quit in the red and black.

You were wrong and right at the same time 55. Yes mayfield didnt win, but most non mayfield fans predicted a loss, and a few of them predicted it would get ugly. A few mayfield fans even predicted a bad loss. Ill admit down 17 to 0 i was panicking, but the cards didnt. You said mayfield would suprise some people, and i think they did. Ill take a loss like that an smile. Very happy with the way they showed improvement from the mid 2nd quarter on, and very happy with the grit they showed. This young team will be a handful for the next 3 years.
What a barn burner and great game for the fans. Congrats to the Mustangs on the W!
Killbilly, you got that right. We had 6 sophomores starting or getting serious playing time, including 2 lb's, the rb and qb. We had 1 freshman get a lot of pt at lb. We had another freshman get a lot of time on special teams and at wr. I said many times since last season, if anyone is gonna get them they better this year. Now, everyone can see what I meant. By the way that d end that chased Hughes down and dropped him for about a 10 yard loss, sophomore. I've been accused by my own "Mayfield" fans of looking through rose colored glasses. But the future looks bright through those shades.
Mayfield and then everybody else fighting for the runner up trophy in 1A.
Also a very unMayfield like 5 turnovers - two fumbles and three interceptions - if the local paper's stats are correct. Very rarely have I seen those numbers in a Mayfield stats summary.
Nimby Wrote:I was a point off the other way. I knew it would be a close game and like I said mayfield wouldn't go away. Hats off to the Redbirds. The big bad thoroughbreds knew they wer in a fight. As for McCracken, y'all might as well stay home in the playoffs, yea very athletic, but to let little ole mayfield take you down to the wire with a sophomore and junior laden team?? If I'm McCracken there's no excited bone in my body after that win tonight! Little scary ole red hung around andwas a yard shy of being 2-0 against the stangs! Great game

Congratulations Mustangs Smile
Good job Red Birds.
Nimby Wrote:I was a point off the other way. I knew it would be a close game and like I said mayfield wouldn't go away. Hats off to the Redbirds. The big bad thoroughbreds knew they wer in a fight. As for McCracken, y'all might as well stay home in the playoffs, yea very athletic, but to let little ole mayfield take you down to the wire with a sophomore and junior laden team?? If I'm McCracken there's no excited bone in my body after that win tonight! Little scary ole red hung around andwas a yard shy of being 2-0 against the stangs! Great game

Really???? They might only be a 1A team, but Mayfield is one the best teams in the state of KY. Don't let the 1A tag fool you.
Yeah, four turnovers in the first half. We expect some mistakes in the early going for this young team. Our defense is strong though and should take care of it for us. What isn't pointed out is that either 3 or 4 of the stangs scores came after we gave them a very short field early on.
mysonis55 Wrote:I will eat my crow now. I just hope it's served soft. We took it to the wire though. No quit in the red and black.

No crow needed for this game..... very impressive showing and that Bright kid is absolutely sick.
If you really want to see how impressive bright was, google wpsd and go to sports. Once you get there find gridiron glory from last night and watch the highlights. I have no doubt that unless he gets hurt, he will be the best rb in the state when he is a senior.
I'm still smiling when I think about this one. We proved we are legit and we grew a lot in the same game.
mysonis55 Wrote:I'm still smiling when I think about this one. We proved we are legit and we grew a lot in the same game.

I agree 55. The offense definitely grew up in this game. Also started out slow in scrimmage, and against ft Campbell, but I didn't think the offense would ever get us back in it once mccracken had us down 17. If the offense continues to improve, and sustain some drives it will help a lot. The defense would definitely benefit from getting more time to catch there breath.
Yeah, little 55 is just now starting to get over the soreness from the cramps. I think the boys now know the level of intensity that it takes in such games as well.
I feel good about the game. Mccracken was a little better, but may field wouldn't quit just like I said. I doubt anyone in 1a can match mccrackens speed or line play. I would have liked to see the power I with Hernandez for 2 at the end, but mccracken had stopped it pretty good. I just doubt anyone in 1a would be able to stop it. Hernandez can get 5 yards a pop. I probably shouldn't have opened a few beers, but at this time I'm thinking it will be hard to keep may field from running the table the rest of the way.
Pages: 1 2 3