Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County Bears 51; Clay County Tigers 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium. Carr had a couple of magnificent runs, but it wasn't enough. The Black Bears played with a vengence tonight; like there were really mad. They should've been. I hope they keep that anger for next week, too!!!

We had a couple of possible injuries on both sides, but everyone left the field on their own steam. I think and sure hope that everyone is okay.

Congratulations on a huge win, Black Bears!!!!
Congrats black bears. Knew you guys would get it going..
Nailed it.
Sounded like the Bears came out of the gates with a purpose. Those couple of early miscues for the Clay special team let out what air they had. That mountain, ground-and-pound smash-mouth football is hard to stop when a team is rolling down hill. It didn't help that Clay had several key players out for this one. Nevertheless, no excuses and congrats to the Black Bears. On to the next one.
I heard that Clay had one of their best running backs out with injury.
Nice game, Bears !!
There was a running clock midway through the 2nd quarter. It was 51-14 at half. Hope all those injured recover quickly.
Bears bouncing back hard.
Yes, Jacob Reid suffered a serious injury against PCC. They were also missing Wes Wolfe, their best receiver. Don't wish injuries on anyone, sadly that is the nature of the game. Hope everyone injured for both teams recovers quickly.
In all do respect I don't think those two make that much difference. Don't get me wrong, I hope those two heal quick. This game got ugly and ugly quick.
How does a mod post the score wrong.......

Confusednicker: Dusty isn't going to like the ; on top of that the Camels only lost by a score to highlands!
bear claw Wrote:In all do respect I don't think those two make that much difference. Don't get me wrong, I hope those two heal quick. This game got ugly and ugly quick.

Maybe not but they are two of the top 4 players. I'm not making excuses by any means. Harlan County is a good team and will win that district. Their loss last week only enhanced their motivation.
Harlan wins this game up front. A couple of skill guys would have made it closer but Harlan still wins big.
Granny Bear your team did fine just keep it up.
Congrats to the Black Bears. Way to bounce back.