Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 50 Sheldon Clark 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sheldon Clark's best play from scrimmage was its first - a 25yd sweep. Its best drive was also its first - 3 first downs. From there... ALL Prestonsburg. Running clock at the second half whistle.

Hope things get better in Martin Co. soon !!

:popcorn:
Great job Blackcats!! Congratulations on your HUGE win!!

The Black Bears played like they were MAD tonight, and I just bet the Blackcats did that, too!!!
Martin County is a dead county. No jobs = No people. A once great school for sports will never be great again. It's said to say but it's the truth. I came through when it's was great there wished it was still that way now.
Congrats to the blackcats.. Hope to get to watch them play next week @ the Appalachian bowl.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:Martin County is a dead county. No jobs = No people. A once great school for sports will never be great again. It's said to say but it's the truth. I came through when it's was great there wished it was still that way now.

That could very well be the fate of many southeastern Kentucky counties and schools.
Granny Bear Wrote:That could very well be the fate of many southeastern Kentucky counties and schools.

You're correct. The only difference is that it isn't Martin County's future. It's their present. Not to mention their coach isn't the best coach around.
The Blackcats kicked-off LONG (only 2 returned -longest to the 31- and the rest made it to the endzone)

-AND-

Prestonsburg actually KICKED a 31yd FIELD GOAL !!

Confusedinglepar :Clap: :worthy: Confusedinglepar

So this leads me to ask...

WHO was that man (who looked just like Coach D.) making these calls for Prestonsburg ?!?

Confusednicker: TongueirateSho Confusednicker:

Seriously, though... THIS kind of kicking game WILL serve the Blackcats well all year long !!
It's nice to have a kicker as a weapon, because points are points, whether it's 3 or 6.

Nice performance by the Blackcats.

Best of luck to Sheldon Clark on the rest of the season.
Nice win for Blackcats. Sounds like they took out some frustrations tonight.
Congrats Blackcats.
Cats were rolling tonight.... Hopefully last week helped get the bugs out. Much better played and coached game. Good to see the kicking game, could be the difference in a close game later on in the season.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:You're correct. The only difference is that it isn't Martin County's future. It's their present. Not to mention their coach isn't the best coach around.

Actually, I think Coach Hager is a pretty decent coach. He might get a bit emotional and stubborn at times, but he has a good head for the high school game. His biggest problem, IMO, is players come into the junior varsity program without having been taught the fundamentals of blocking/tackling at the Junior High level. That forces him and his thin staff to do so. They're always playing catch-up. It takes away from offensive play execution and teaching assignment defense.

Of course, that's all MO only.
You may have a point. I know he has a problem keeping players. Not sure why. I don't think he's a terrible coach just not one of the best. In the mountains I can think of 10 or 12 coaches I take before him.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It's nice to have a kicker as a weapon, because points are points, whether it's 3 or 6.

Nice performance by the Blackcats.

Best of luck to Sheldon Clark on the rest of the season.
Belfry won the 2013 state championship 3-0 if If am not mistaken.
Where is cardfan1398 lol? This was worse then I was thinking! Congrats Prestonsburg.:Thumbs:
Congrats Blackcats !
Congrats Blackcats!! Great to see Green knock down the FG, and kicking it deep on kickoffs. He will be a nice weapon as the season goes on.

Don't let this one go to your heads boys. You won this game like you was suppose to. Keep the momentum going the rest of the season.
Congrats to the Blackcats.
How is Sheldon Clark this bad?
oneijoe Wrote:The Blackcats kicked-off LONG (only 2 returned -longest to the 31- and the rest made it to the endzone)

-AND-

Prestonsburg actually KICKED a 31yd FIELD GOAL !!

Confusedinglepar :Clap: :worthy: Confusedinglepar

So this leads me to ask...

WHO was that man (who looked just like Coach D.) making these calls for Prestonsburg ?!?

Confusednicker: TongueirateSho Confusednicker:

Seriously, though... THIS kind of kicking game WILL serve the Blackcats well all year long !!

If they kick that same field goal last week, then they are 2-0!
VoR_58 Wrote:If they kick that same field goal last week, then they are 2-0!

True, but even worse... if they kick that same field goal (same distance and from the same hash) last November, the Blackcats could've been the team playing NewCath.

But...it's all spilt milk. Just glad they've noticed the kicker NOW.

:Thumbs: