Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 32, Paris 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final in the opening game of the Pike County Bowl.

Good win for the Wildcats. I honestly expected a much closer game, as SV only managed a 3-point win last year. Hopefully this is a springboard to a great first season for coach Eric Ratliff and Shelby Valley.
Very nice job SV!
What type of offense has coach Ratliff implemented at Valley?
Good win Valley , still a lot of work to do but very proud of all the young men!!!!!! #valleyproud
Paris has a good ball team. If they didn't fumble some ungodly number of times, they probably would have made it a little closer. Glad Eric came away with the win for his first PCB.
Real Badman Wrote:Paris has a good ball team. If they didn't fumble some ungodly number of times, they probably would have made it a little closer. Glad Eric came away with the win for his first PCB.

Yeah, I think Paris fumbled around 5 times. So that certainly hurt them.

But, Paris's only two scores came on a kickoff return, and on a 94-yard INT return. So those big runs sorta cancel out the fact their offense kept shooting itself in the foot all night.

My impression was that Valley was clearly the better team tonight. I am curious what the final stats (i.e., total yards on offense) were?
Paris had 16 yards total offense.
Yes, it would've been a closer game if Paris wouldn't have fumbled 4 times but can't we say that for any team? Lol have you ever thought that maybe this defense just outperformed a well rounded Paris team? Of course not, no one ever does. +6 in the turnover battle with 4 fumble recoveries and 2 picks. Coincidence? I think not. Hopefully Valley has brought in a new staff and worth ethic ready to get this program on the rise. Congratulations to the Wildcats on their win but keep working.
Piratedog69 Wrote:Paris had 16 yards total offense.

Wow, really? That is an impressive defensive showing if true.
This final score does no justice to Valley's performance to tonight. That defense is mean as a snake and you can tell they play angry. I'd like to correct someone above. They had forced 7 turnovers. 4 fumbles and 3 picks. With only allowing 16 yards of total offense and Paris' only scores coming off a kick return in which the starters where getting a break and a broken play turned into an INT with Valleys starting QB out with cramps. Had Layne stayed in and ran the offense through half the 3rd as the whole 4th quarter. This game would've been a running clock.

Congrats wildcats! You are a force to be reckoned with in your district now.
Congrats on the win
Expected Paris to be better than this.
Gator95 Wrote:This final score does no justice to Valley's performance to tonight. That defense is mean as a snake and you can tell they play angry. I'd like to correct someone above. They had forced 7 turnovers. 4 fumbles and 3 picks. With only allowing 16 yards of total offense and Paris' only scores coming off a kick return in which the starters where getting a break and a broken play turned into an INT with Valleys starting QB out with cramps. Had Layne stayed in and ran the offense through half the 3rd as the whole 4th quarter. This game would've been a running clock.

Congrats wildcats! You are a force to be reckoned with in your district now.

Sorry Gator95 I had forgotten about the INT S Nick Wallace had late in the 2nd half.
Oh i remembered that one! I was actually talking about Andrew Newsome's pick!
Congrats Valley. Good job against a good team.
Let's see if they can get to 2-0 Friday night against ER!
good win for Shelby Valley against a good Paris team.
Congrats to SV.