Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bourbon Co. v. Warren Central @ Boyle County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty good feeling the back to back undefeated regular season bids come to an end here.

Bourbon is without some key linemen, and though I think Holman is as good as you'll find, I believe the Emmitt Smith lead defense will be to much for the depleted Colonels.

Warren Central 28 - Bourbon 13

Hope I'm wrong!
Going to be a stiff test for Bourbon, but one they need. This is by far the toughest regular season non-district game they have had in 4-5 years.

I think Bourbon gets theirs offensively but I think Warren Central gets even more.

WC 34
Bourbon 26
Warren Central 36
Bourbon County 28

RunItUpTheGut gets his 1st win of the year. Confusednicker:
Is Warren Central an offensive dynamo or something?
I'll take Warren Central as well but I'd like to see Bourbon County get them. Good luck to BC!
As Travis Tritt says "The whiskey ain't workin' anymore" (Bourbon). I'm going with Warren in this one, I think just a little more D than Bourbon.
Warren Central has a new Coach and a wealth of returning starters. They looked good against Hopkinsville in their first game. I'll take the Dragons by two touchdowns.
Warren County 31
Bourbon County 24
64SUR Wrote:Warren Central 36
Bourbon County 28

RunItUpTheGut gets his 1st win of the year. Confusednicker:

:biglmao:
Bourbon County by 6
adopted purple Wrote:Warren Central has a new Coach and a wealth of returning starters. They looked good against Hopkinsville in their first game. I'll take the Dragons by two touchdowns.

I'm pretty sure Bourbon would look good against Hopkinsville too. I would think Montgomery Co. is a bit better of a quality opponent? What kind of offense is Warren Central running?
adopted purple Wrote:Warren Central has a new Coach and a wealth of returning starters. They looked good against Hopkinsville in their first game. I'll take the Dragons by two touchdowns.

"A new coach you say"............In that case I'm picking Bourbon!
Warren may be returning a few but I took a look at their roster and not much seniors for a 5a team. Best I can tell, Bourbon has more experiance (and to only be in 3a) more depth then Warren if the KHSAA rosters are correct. I also think a lot of people overlook the fact that a team will need a half a season to a full season to adjust to a new coach and sometimes longer.

Bourbon-35

Warren Central-28

You heard it here first! :popcorn:
34-17 wc
28-21 wc.
Do-double-gg Wrote:"A new coach you say"............In that case I'm picking Bourbon!
Warren may be returning a few but I took a look at their roster and not much seniors for a 5a team. Best I can tell, Bourbon has more experiance (and to only be in 3a) more depth then Warren if the KHSAA rosters are correct. I also think a lot of people overlook the fact that a team will need a half a season to a full season to adjust to a new coach and sometimes longer.

Bourbon-35

Warren Central-28

You heard it here first! :popcorn:

The new coach is Howard Feggins. He is a former NFL player and college coach. He brings with him his son, Jensen, a highly recruited D1 prospect at receiver from Ft. Thomas Highlands. He was their leading receiver last year.The offensive line coach should be familure to you. He is former Kentucky Football Head Coach Guy Morris. He and Feggins are old friends. So, it's not your typical head coaching change. The new coach has the Dragon Nation all fired up. I think they will surprise many this year.
Central lost 14-7 in a 3 quarter scrimmage to a John Hardin team that just got beat by Seneca...If Bourbon is any count, they should win this game.
Good 5A teams from the West like John Hardin and Warren Central should beat a good 3A team from the East. Now, whether they are good teams, remains to be seen.
Bourbon is moving up to 4a next year while WC is moving down to 4A, so, these teams will be pretty much the same size, so, I don't think you can put much stock in the 5A vs 3A thing. WC has a lot of question marks right now & Hoptown isn't a very good barometer these days. The Dragons also have the longer travel for this one. I do think they likely have a little more overall talent, but, this ones gonna be close that could very well go either way.