Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro vs Pineville 9/5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I know its 2 weeks away but just curious on prediction after Middlesboro was disappointed in a 7-7 tie against grant co will they get things back together with the week off or it will it hurt the new coach even more on getting things rolling in the crater.
Jackets by 18.
Jackets by 40
http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/news..._vYJsu9KSM

Sounds like a lot of excuses. Better be glad for an off week to get things lined out. Look for Middlesboro to change offense. Coach sounds like he is explaining himself when talking about wishbone.
Middlesboro 42-0
Look on the bright side, they have been in pads since mid July and played 4 scrimmages. Should be ok with a open date.
Middlesboro by as many as they want
1/4bak Wrote:Middlesboro by as many as they want

One would think so. A lot of unanswered questions in Middlesboro.

Middlesboro 35
Pineville. 14

As bad as Middlesboro is playing they still beat Pineville. Big question is do they fold to pressure and change offenses.
Middlesboro 38
Pineville 13
Middlesboro starters out by halftime 50-14
"The Jackets were stopped on fourth down at their own 42 . . ."

So in the second quarter of a tied game, the Jackets go for it (and fail) on fourth down in their own territory?

Interesting.
Pineville Will hang in there all the way.
From looking at most of these threads our young Lions should just stay home!! But of course that's not going to happen.....IMO, it sounds like some of you folks may be very surprised at the end of this game if you're really thinking our kids want put up a better fight than that.
MBoro-47
Pineville-12
Middlesboro-52
Pineville-12
The word around the town is a central office personal is now coaching. Mr. Martin must not be happy with the direction. Oh well.
Mborro 52
Pineville 14
TrueDawg Wrote:The word around the town is a central office personal is now coaching. Mr. Martin must not be happy with the direction. Oh well.

I heard tonight that Mr. Ealy was put in charge of the line and oversee the change in offense. All done by the Super. Look for split back veer, he brought that to Middlesboro long ago. What is this super thinking. Coach Massengill has coached 1/2 of football and he does this to him. This guy has put this coach in a horrible spot.
Xerxes Wrote:I heard tonight that Mr. Ealy was put in charge of the line and oversee the change in offense. All done by the Super. Look for split back veer, he brought that to Middlesboro long ago. What is this super thinking. Coach Massengill has coached 1/2 of football and he does this to him. This guy has put this coach in a horrible spot.

Massengill needs put a lid on this now or let the super come and coach or Steve Ealy :igiveup:
What? .?...This can not be true. Never have I heard of this before.
They need to cut the crap and put the ball in pittman and Barton's hands all game long. Why did middlesboro change up the offensive scheme. I don't get it?
Is this true?
Xerxes Wrote:I heard tonight that Mr. Ealy was put in charge of the line and oversee the change in offense. All done by the Super. Look for split back veer, he brought that to Middlesboro long ago. What is this super thinking. Coach Massengill has coached 1/2 of football and he does this to him. This guy has put this coach in a horrible spot.

If this is a true statement, the new coach has one of two options. 1. Tell the super he and his staff will do the coaching. 2. Give it to him.

A man can not coach a team when this is happening, he loses all respect with his team and staff. Hard to believe that it is true.
WhyLie Wrote:Is this true?

Information is coming from very reliable sources. This did nothing but discredit Coach Massengill to the players and the community. This shows what kind of Superintendent this really is.
Who is going on the road? If it is Middlesboro, I'm picking Pineville. Boro don't seem to handle bus rides too well.
Mr. Ely is a great guy I hate to hear he got pulled in the middle of this mess. It is not a good situation. What is wrong with the job ZM has done so far? They have played 1 meaningful half of football to date and the supt is stepping in?
Since the end of last season something simply doesn't smell very good in Middlesboro.
I understand the Ely is a good/smart coach ? if true then this may not be a punishment but a help. I'm not gonna jump to any conclusions on this one, may just be putting the right piece in place ?

with that said doesn't look good from an outsiders perspective
Wow, Not a good decision to do such already.....
This is not good for the head coach. Makes him and his staff look incompetent. Feel bad for him, good or bad move makes no difference, he needs his freedom to do what he thinks is best. That has been taken away. The administration is making him change offenses, how can that be good for him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4