Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Get out and support Kentucky Sports Radio....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On today's KSR show... Matt and Drew said they are planning on trying to do a live show either at Madison Southern HS or some other place close to the school that morning from 10am to 12pm. The date they are planning on doing this is October 10th.

That night... they are wanting to have hundreds to thousands of UK fans (all wearing BLUE) show up at the Madison Southern vs. Pulaski County game that will be on ESPN.

Damien Harris from Madison Southern HS, is listed as the #1 rated Running Back in the nation in the 2015 class. UK is recruiting him as hard as they did with Matt Elam from John Hardin HS. Harris would be UK's highest rated player they have signed since Tim Couch from Leslie County back in the 90's.

This could be a HUGE statement to Harris and other UK recruits... let them know that UK is serious about turning the football program around.
I heard that as well. Should be a great atmosphere. I definitely want Harris in BLUE, but I'll be wearing Maroon on Oct. 10th!
#WhyNot
Come on UK fans...

I was hoping that this thread would have 2-3 pages by now of people saying that they are gonna go to the game.

Most of the people on here talk about wanting UK's football program to turn around... this would be a huge step.
I wouldn't support Matt Jones for anything. This is nothing more than a recruiting adventure.
This thread gives me creepy vibes
Tommy2tone Wrote:I wouldn't support Matt Jones for anything. This is nothing more than a recruiting adventure.

No kidding.... The #1 rated RB is thirty minutes south of Lexington. #WhyNot show him and the other UK recruits across the nation that we (the fans) ares serious about turning this program around.

If his home state shows him some love on a nationally televised game on ESPNU... that will have to sit well with him.
Ive got a feeling some PC players will get scholarship offers after shutting Harris down.
Well it is a crying shame when fans and an idiot have to recruit a kid cause the football program and recruiting sucks.
GUT - despite winning both games, Pulaski didn't even come close to shutting Harris down last season. I do think the Maroons have a great opportunity to steal the show on TV though.

As for the topic, I am a huge UK fan. I bleed blue. But I think it would be unwise for Harris to go to UK. He should go somewhere that is dedicated to a physical running attack.
I'll support Harris & UK, but I'd never support Matt Jones or anything to do with KSR.
Lol! I'm not a fan of Matt Jones or anything but why do some of you all dislike him?
Oh and I could care less if Harris goes to UK or not. I'm not a UK fan. Let's face it. The best case scenario for them would be if they do have a couple good seasons another team will come in and hire Stoops and UK will go back to losing again.
Westside Wrote:Oh and I could care less if Harris goes to UK or not. I'm not a UK fan. Let's face it. The best case scenario for them would be if they do have a couple good seasons another team will come in and hire Stoops and UK will go back to losing again.

Stoops hasn't won yet, and even if he does he'll win 6 or 7 and play in the TURD BOWL...I love UK sports but I am realistic...I hope Damien winds up and Ohio State.
I have typed about 5 replies to this and deleted them all because they seemed condescending and negative... so I'm going to highlight

1) Harris is very talented and smart kid
2) I enjoy UK Football and hope this year is one to remember
3) Not a fan of KSR
4)I wish the best for Harris and hope he makes the best decision for himself!!!

It would be exciting to see UK make a strong showing in the coming years with Kentucky High School athletes!!!
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Stoops hasn't won yet, and even if he does he'll win 6 or 7 and play in the TURD BOWL...I love UK sports but I am realistic...I hope Damien winds up and Ohio State.

That's why I said best case scenario.
Why all the hate for Matt Jones and KSR????

They have a great radio show & website and they keep the #BBN updated with everything UK.

At least we're not like U of L and have Tony Vanetti.....
If Harris comes to UK... you know that coach Brown will base the ground game around him. Yes, we will see the "air raid" passing style. But with Harris and the other stable of back's UK will have, anybody that knows anything about football will tell you that Harris' running style will open up the passing game. And when the passing game gets opened up and team have to respect the WR's and TE's... that will open up the running lanes.

UK let Lamar Dawson (sp?) from Boyle County get away from them. He was a big time LB/FB recruit that went to Southern Cal.

UK has pretty much owned the area of Louisville in recruiting. When Charlie Strong started hitting Florida...that shifted the in-state players come to UK over looserville.

Stoops is doing a great job in Ohio and the area of Louisville... having Harris commit to UK would validate that UK is on the rise.

Giving Harris a chance to play in the SEC week-in and week-out against the top teams in the nation with a opportunity to play and make an impact as a true freshman. Or he could go to Ohio St., and play in the Big 10... That's a no brainer...

SEC: Florida, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina, Texas A&M
Big 10: Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Rutgers

If you're the #1 Rated RB in the nation.... who would you want to play against. Everybody knows that the SEC is where the best football conference in the nation. Being able to go home whenever he feels like it and having his family and friends be able to make the trip up to his games and see him at school....and play in the SEC. That has to carry weight.
Only one of those schools is basketball dominant, UK Football will always play second fiddle to basketball. Those 3 other schools aren't Big 10 and are in the SEC, who are traditional powerhouse programs. They don't play second fiddle to basketball. So why would he wanna go to an "Air Raid" offense if he wants to display his true talent? Ryan Timmons will have a better career at UK, and we'll all forget about Damien Harris.
Thrillex Wrote:Only one of those schools is basketball dominant, UK Football will always play second fiddle to basketball. Those 3 other schools aren't Big 10 and are in the SEC, who are traditional powerhouse programs. They don't play second fiddle to basketball. So why would he wanna go to an "Air Raid" offense if he wants to display his true talent? Ryan Timmons will have a better career at UK, and we'll all forget about Damien Harris.

If Harris comes to UK.... he will more than likely be the featured back.... there is no doubt that he can play as a true freshman. No question.
He knows UK is a passing style offense, that's no big secret.

I love UK basketball as much as anybody. The UK football fan base has been there through some crappy times. BUT WE ARE STILL THERE ON FALL SATURDAYS!!!! Because we know that our program will turn around. You can tell a difference between a school that wants a good program and those who have give up on their team. A multi-million dollar renovation of CWS is proof that UK is trying to bring football up to the level of our basketball team. We all know football will always be "second fiddle" to basketball. But that doesn't mean that the fans and admin. doesn't support the team any less. As Coach Cal says.... "We are college basketball".

Keeping Harris in his home state... and playing for his home state university in the best college football conference in the nation would be a sign that our program is turning around. Matt Elam, Drew Barker, Patrick Towels, Jason Hatcher... and yes, there are more Kentucky kids on the roster, but these just come to mind and are proof that the Kentucky High School players believe in UK football.
The days when Woodson was QB made for a really fun atmosphere before and after the games. The LSU game was one to always remember. Those years had Commonwealth rocking and very enjoyable, worth every penny to get in.

I would love to see UK back to that form. I see no reason to think we won't be there in the future! Optimistic is the only way to be!
My question is , if you are the number one running back in the nation, why would you go to UK?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Matt Elam, Drew Barker, Patrick Towels, Jason Hatcher... and yes, there are more Kentucky kids on the roster, but these just come to mind and are proof that the Kentucky High School players believe in UK football.

UK recruiting in-state has definitely picked up. Several red-shirted.
112 on Roster; 32 from Kentucky; Kentucky Players - 4 Seniors,
4 Juniors, 8 Sophomores, 16 Freshman

1 Ryan Timmons Wide Receiver 5-10 195 SO-1L Frankfort, Ky./Franklin
County
6 Jason Hatcher Defensive End 6-3 242 SO-1L Louisville, Ky./Trinity
7 Drew Barker Quarterback 6-3 216 FR-HS Burlington, Ky./Conner
11 J.D. Harmon Cornerback 6-2 201 SO-1L Paducah, Ky./Tilghman
14 Patrick Towles Quarterback 6-5 238 SO-1L Ft. Thomas, Ky./Highlands
23 Rodney Cox Cornerback 6-0 179 JR-Sq Louisville, Ky./DuPont Manual
25 Patrick Sermersheim Safety 5-11 170 FR-RS Louisville, Ky./St. Xavier
26 Tre' Dunn Linebacker 6-2 225 SR-1L Harrodsburg, Ky./Mercer County
31 Keron Wakefield Cornerback 5-10 161 FR-RS Louisville, Ky./DuPont