Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin vs. Southwestern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Corbin faces another stiff challenge this week in the Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic . Southwestern is coming off a big win over Somerset while the Redhounds are coming off a loss to Pulaski Co. Who you got?
Is this a must win for Corbin
Southwestern 35-21
Corbin 35
Southwestern 28

:Cheerlead
Southwestern-37
Corbin-20
former Wrote:Is this a must win for Corbin

Not a must win ....wayne co is a must win or corbin may finish 3rd in the district again. The problem is that Corbin fans have set the bar to high
This one will really square up where both teams are.

Something tells me Corbin is the better team, but at the same time I get the feeling Southwestern sneaks up on them and steals this. Maybe it is the new confidence for Southwestern, or that Corbin may have some soul searching after what Pulaski did... just have a hunch Southwestern edges them out.
former Wrote:Is this a must win for Corbin

I wouldn't think this is a must win. They just need to get better game by game, which I believe they will as they get more comfortable running a completely new offense and defense.
This game will be a slobber knocker. I think home field and the fact Corbin was humiliated will wake this bunch up. It will be a close one.

Corbin 20 Southwestern 14
I agree with old hound it will be close, but believe it goes the way of the warriors 24 -21...
Southwestern 32
Corbin 18
Southwestern wins - and leaves no doubt. 28-7
Corbin wins this one in a close game 28-21. Not a must win. I said before the season Corbin could start out 0-2 and still have a Great year and a deep run in play-offs.
I wonder if we may see players like Lambert, Cima and Anderson start to see some time on the offensive side of the ball and maybe Coppock, Ingle, Nantz and Taylor on the defensive side?

Did anyone start on both sides of the ball for Corbin last week?
This game isn't close. SW has their way on the ground 35-14
Hounds by 7. SW is not Pulaski County.
SEKYFAN Wrote:I wonder if we may see players like Lambert, Cima and Anderson start to see some time on the offensive side of the ball and maybe Coppock, Ingle, Nantz and Taylor on the defensive side?

Did anyone start on both sides of the ball for Corbin last week?

That could happen. I was not impressed with the O line and how some of our so called college prospects played. Taylor was running for his life. This is something that's been going on for several years now. It needs fixed. We can't get a surge off the ball nor are we pass blocking very well.
SW by a touchdown 36 to 30
We should easily win this game. I know I have criticized SW alot but Corbin is not in the same league as SW this year.
This game could go either way, the tream that takes care if the ball the best will come out on top..
If Corbin takes care if the ball they edge out SW 27-24. If they don't take care of the rock it could get gully for the hounds.
Lilly Wrote:We should easily win this game. I know I have criticized SW alot but Corbin is not in the same league as SW this year.

I honestly believe that SW is one of if not the most improved teams in the state. And may very well put Corbin in a 0-2 hole. But, your statement proves you honestly dont know anything about football.
I look for Corbin to play better than last week. But that will not be enough as they fall by 10+ points.
Southwestern 28
Corbin 21
corbin 21-14
I think this will be a very good game to watch it could go either way but my gut says SW by 7
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I honestly believe that SW is one of if not the most improved teams in the state. And may very well put Corbin in a 0-2 hole. But, your statement proves you honestly dont know anything about football.

This year wanna be coach, not last year, nor the year before. This year. :lame:
Corbin is a year away from validity and a few years away from being exactly what fans/boosters think they could/should be.

Southwestern. 32
Corbi 24
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I honestly believe that SW is one of if not the most improved teams in the state. And may very well put Corbin in a 0-2 hole. But, your statement proves you honestly dont know anything about football.

^^wasting your time^^

Good chance for Corbin to get back on track, but I think SW will move to 2-0.

SW-22
Corbin-14
Corbin will start the season 0-2 and could end up 6-4 by the end

SW by 14+
Pages: 1 2