Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Henry Clay vs. Belfry (08/29/2014 Pike County Bowl at Belfry)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The original thread seems lost on this one....It looks to be one of the best games around on paper. IMO, If the Pirates can hang on to the football, they can win,if not HC has the type of athletes to run away with it. I like BHS 28-27. Can a mod add a poll please?
I think Henry Clay wins this one rather easily. 21+
Westside Wrote:I think Henry Clay wins this one rather easily. 21+

Not saying I disagree,but based on???
After reading the season preview on Henry Clay, this will be one of the fastest teams Belfry has ever played in recent memory. These teams have played 3 times since and including 2005. HC leads 2-1. All those HC teams were fast, but this team tops them all according to Coach Simpson. He calls this team the fastest he has ever had and this is his 22nd year at HC. Belfry sees real speed only a few times. Central always has great overall team speed. Their crew of linebackers that just graduated could outrun most backs. Garrard a County was loaded with speed at the skill spots and it showed in that game early on. Bourbon has good overall speed as well. This will be a great test for the Belfry DBs and I would expect some burns. Two real keys, IMO, are how well does Belfry cover deep and how well can they tackle? One thing for sure is that they will get a great test and preparation.
bucslover68 Wrote:Not saying I disagree,but based on???

Based on the fact I think Henry Clay will be that much better to begin the season.
I hope I am wrong but I see Belfry giving up several big plays. Henry Clay has 100 meter track speedsters. I do think Belfry will be able to run the ball right at Henry Clay.

Henry Clay is a top 10 6A team.

Henry Clay - 35
Belfry - 21
They may very well have speed, but so do we, if they are as good as everybody says, then hey if we can drive the ball,and hold them within a couple TDs...I will be happy...I love being the underdog, but here is one thing I know for sure, CITY BOYS DONT LIKE POPPED IN THE MOUTH....I'm comfortable with our chances...
^ I hope your right man. If we beat a top 10 6A team with athletes like HC this early in the year, we are going to be good.
Going to be all about the secondary and if Horton and Hall can pressure the QB.
^ I think Belfry has to pressure the QB but they also have to keep contain and wrap up. Getting out of your gap/lane and missing tackles will lead to big plays. Have to tackle sure to win this game IMO.
Henry Clay 42-14
And them legs get tired after a three hour bus ride, and all these mountainous curves, just sayin...lol, I just want us to play good and get our timing down...
Henry Clay-31
Belfry-21
This schedule is going to really help the Pirates make their strides to improving, it'll be great for them. I see Henry Clay a little bit like Belfry offensively, extremely talented but young. They lost as much as we did on that side of the ball, and like us they have a talented bunch of replacements. The part of their game that excites me is that it'll be a real challenge for Austin Hall and TJ Dotson. The Devils like sweeps and they're going to try to move Austin and TJ, I feel like those two kids are fast and strong enough to hold their ground. It's a LOT easier to keep contain with guys with the speed of those two as well as Keaton and X (and others) at corner. Run defense is something I feel particularly good about with this team, but even the best D will struggle with that kind of speed. Their line seems big, but our defensive line is hard to handle and I think Horton can really dominate this game from defensive tackle.

Unfortunately, I think we'll fumble a few away and that'll end up costing us and this one will go shades of 2012. 28-14 or so in the final for Henry Clay, but I hope I'm wrong. The Belfry offense showed flashes of excellence, and times where they fumbled everything in the few plays we got in against Hazard. I think our turnover total will directly correlate to the final score. Maybe I'll change my mind when I watch Henry Clay more, but I'd rather predict us losing and be wrong.

The good news is, Belfry in week 1 will play what would be the toughest opponent on their most likely regional play-off opponent's (Pike Central/Lawrence County) schedule, and the toughest on Bourbon's schedule. So if we lose, oh well... I guarantee it pays off in the long run. You just have to pick your head up, and get ready for the next one. It doesn't get any easier with two 5A teams in the next two weeks, but it'll sure pay off come November.
Belfry0304 Wrote:This schedule is going to really help the Pirates make their strides to improving, it'll be great for them. I see Henry Clay a little bit like Belfry offensively, extremely talented but young. They lost as much as we did on that side of the ball, and like us they have a talented bunch of replacements. The part of their game that excites me is that it'll be a real challenge for Austin Hall and TJ Dotson. The Devils like sweeps and they're going to try to move Austin and TJ, I feel like those two kids are fast and strong enough to hold their ground. It's a LOT easier to keep contain with guys with the speed of those two as well as Keaton and X (and others) at corner. Run defense is something I feel particularly good about with this team, but even the best D will struggle with that kind of speed. Their line seems big, but our defensive line is hard to handle and I think Horton can really dominate this game from defensive tackle.

Unfortunately, I think we'll fumble a few away and that'll end up costing us and this one will go shades of 2012. 28-14 or so in the final for Henry Clay, but I hope I'm wrong. The Belfry offense showed flashes of excellence, and times where they fumbled everything in the few plays we got in against Hazard. I think our turnover total will directly correlate to the final score. Maybe I'll change my mind when I watch Henry Clay more, but I'd rather predict us losing and be wrong.

The good news is, Belfry in week 1 will play what would be the toughest opponent on their most likely regional play-off opponent's (Pike Central/Lawrence County) schedule, and the toughest on Bourbon's schedule. So if we lose, oh well... I guarantee it pays off in the long run. You just have to pick your head up, and get ready for the next one. It doesn't get any easier with two 5A teams in the next two weeks, but it'll sure pay off come November.

I will give Bourbon some credit.

They play Warren Central this week which is not too far off from Henry Clay. Warren Central is a Top 7..maybe even Top 5 5A team this year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I will give Bourbon some credit.

They play Warren Central this week which is not too far off from Henry Clay. Warren Central is a Top 7..maybe even Top 5 5A team this year.

And I agree, but Henry Clay may end up being one of the best 6A teams this season. But, we also look at Southwestern, Harlan County, CAK, and Johnson Central and those are all pretty good games. If nothing else, we'll see plenty of offenses to get us ready for Holman and company. I don't think it's his game jersey, but whoever wore #6 against Woodford for Henry Clay is a stud.
Good tough fame for Belfry. Hard not to see them taking 3A again after seeing the poor play of Central.
I think this could be Belfry's only blemish on the season.

HC 34
Belfry 20
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Good tough fame for Belfry. Hard not to see them taking 3A again after seeing the poor play of Central.
I think this could be Belfry's only blemish on the season.

HC 34
Belfry 20

Not sure about that Gut, Johnson Central is always tough. Not to mention Southwestern is trending upwards, Harlan County will come to fight, and Christian Academy of Knoxville should have a VERY strong team. Cole Smith, their QB, was the best I saw last year and he was only a freshman.
CAK is the Pre-Season #3 team in 3A in Tennessee. They will be very tough, some think maybe even #2. They were probably the 3rd or 4th best team in their class last year once the playoffs rolled around... just had the mis-fortune of having to meet Alcoa in the Regional Finals.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:CAK is the Pre-Season #3 team in 3A in Tennessee. They will be very tough, some think maybe even #2. They were probably the 3rd or 4th best team in their class last year once the playoffs rolled around... just had the mis-fortune of having to meet Alcoa in the Regional Finals.

Basically, Belfry will be honed for whatever they will have to face come playoff time. I think the eventual outcome of Belfry's season depends on the normal development of a Haywood team and, just as important IMO, avoiding the injury bug to key players.
^
Agree! Injuries can make a huge difference in a team!!
Henry Clay wins this one and I honestly think by 2 touchdowns.
This will be a real test for belfry and a good measure on how good they are going to be this year!
Are there any links to either Radio or Internet streaming of the game this week?

Is WYMT broadcasting live this year via the internet?
I found out that WYMT will have the streaming video\audio
BelfryPride Wrote:Are there any links to either Radio or Internet streaming of the game this week?

Is WYMT broadcasting live this year via the internet?

EKB sports.com has the link and live stream for all games.
After seeing the scouting report, I feel a lot better, size wise, we have that hands down, they are not that big at all, yes speed kills, but I think we have just as much speed...but I know scouting reports and heights and weights are always less, but if it is true, We got this, We gotta wrap up and tackle, and stay away from costly penalties and turnovers....
I don't think Henry clay can stop the run game ,
And i think belfry will have hard time stopping passing game
So looking for belfry to try burn the clock with 3 yards and cloud off dust , good luck belfry
bucslover68 Wrote:EKB sports.com has the link and live stream for all games.

Thanks! I'll be tuning in!
Belfrys pass defense last year was better than they have had IMO. At the scrimmage at Richlands their pass defense seemed to step up and play good ball. Richlands was a pass oriented team and blistered the other teams there except for the Pirates. Good solid pass defense. It's the speed that HC may bring that worries me. Mr. Bell from a couple years ago ran all over us. Let's hope they don't have another one of him. All in all I'm confident that belfry will be able to move the ball and get their fair share of scores. If HC comes with a ton of speed they could get behind the defense on long passes. Should be an interesting game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4