Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County Bowl: Shelby Valley vs Paris 8/29/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pike county bowl at Shelby valley this Friday night! 2 pretty evenly matched teams! Was a great game last year with Shelby Valley coming away with the win. Who ya got in this one?
Paris has quite a bit of athletes back and I'm going to go with Paris.
Looking forward to seeing Coach Ratliff pick up his first ever Pike County Bowl win! Go Wildcats!
Who all does Paris return from last year?
Valley has every skill kid back and every defensive starter back from last year. Valley also picked up a very good lineman on both sides of the ball. I'm not Forsure about Paris but this should be a good one!
The Hounds.
I think that Valley only lost 4 seniors off last year's team, but someone earlier in this thread mentioned that Paris returned a lot of players from last year as well.

Seeing as how last year's game was close (SV won 22-19), I expect this one to go about the same. I'll say Valley by 3 again.
Paris by 2 TD's. Numbers aren't huge but their fast.
Gator95 Wrote:Valley has every skill kid back and every defensive starter back from last year. Valley also picked up a very good lineman on both sides of the ball. I'm not Forsure about Paris but this should be a good one!

Valley picked up a great player in Andrew Hylton from East Ridge. I'd almost venture to say they'll have one of the toughest defensive lines in EKY.
Real Badman Wrote:Valley picked up a great player in Andrew Hylton from East Ridge. I'd almost venture to say they'll have one of the toughest defensive lines in EKY.

They also got back Wyatt Branham from Pikeville. He transferred there his sophomore year and didn't get to play last year. But now he is a senior and is also a beast as well. With him, justin bowling and hilton on the D line. It very well could be a top 3 D line in eky. Not to mention all 3 of them will also be playing offensive line.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Paris by 2 TD's. Numbers aren't huge but their fast.

They were fast last year also, Valley has some pretty quick skill kids as well.
Valley 26 Paris 20
Shelby Valley 27
Paris 21
Valley and Paris kickoff at 6:05! I wasn't Forsure if they were the early or late game. Paris probably didn't wanna get home at 2am so they are playing the first game! I'll take valley by 2 touchdowns!
Valley by a lot expect great things
Gator95 Wrote:Valley and Paris kickoff at 6:05! I wasn't Forsure if they were the early or late game. Paris probably didn't wanna get home at 2am so they are playing the first game! I'll take valley by 2 touchdowns!

SV and Paris played the first game last year too. I assume this was by Paris' request, so they wouldn't get home so late.

The nightcap is between 2 local teams (Phelps and Betsy Layne), so that made more sense as the late game.
Gator95 Wrote:They also got back Wyatt Branham from Pikeville. He transferred there his sophomore year and didn't get to play last year. But now he is a senior and is also a beast as well. With him, justin bowling and hilton on the D line. It very well could be a top 3 D line in eky. Not to mention all 3 of them will also be playing offensive line.

Wyatt Branham a beast? He's more like a teddy bear! LOL Good luck Friday night!
School Admin. Wrote:Wyatt Branham a beast? He's more like a teddy bear! LOL Good luck Friday night!

Ohh, I must've forgot that Teddy Bears could start both sides of the ball for a Pikeville team that played in the region championship. Good hard nosed football player, expect good things this season.
Go easy Gator, just a little joke. Glad you are playing this year. I hope you have a great season.
I'm going with the Wildcats..

Shelby Valley 24
Paris 13
School Admin. Wrote:Go easy Gator, just a little joke. Glad you are playing this year. I hope you have a great season.

I'm not Wyatt, I just know the boy real well. Had to take up for him