Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central vs Fairland OH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Honest question with absolutely no flame meant...

Would Johnson Central be better served using one of these agencies to help them find elite out of State Competition?

Trinity used a 3rd party service that set them up with games against Cocoa (FL) and Imhotep Charter (PA). Obviously there is a cost associated with this, but it allowed Trinity to find two games against top quality competition that other wise may have resulted in the Shamrocks having to play an incomplete schedule.

The thing is this is a common issue around the country. Schools all over the map have issues "scheduling to their standards" and will have teams who wont want to play them. In the Miami Central vs. Hoover game the Central Coach said "We don't play cupcakes". It is the job of those agencies to find teams and pair them together so they don't have to "settle" for a schedule filler.

Belfry has had issues filling their schedule over the past 5 or 6 years. They had to settle for a game vs. West Carter... had to agree to a 2 year deal with Southwestern where both games were on the road... had to travel to Knoxville last year and Gallipolis this year. With some of the swings and misses of the Pike County Bowl I have wondered maybe if Belfry and JC should start their own special event in Week 2. Get sponsors together, charge an elevated price (15.00 per Adult and 7.00 per child) Bring in a tough out of State School for each team. The cost of the ticket goes directly to offset the cost to bring the teams in.

Do it as a true event. With the purchase of your ticket you get access to a full day of tailgating and a Festival atmosphere. Live Music... local restaurants set up tents and give out free samples... businesses sponsor games and give-aways, each school hosts a pep rally, the media and radio stations do live remotes... some people complain about high ticket prices,,, but if the game is a "Can't Miss" and you feel like you get a full day of entertainment people won't mind and you will draw thousands out.

Not only does this allow you to bring in great competition, you also build your program at the community level and make an event that kids grow up excited about.
IntheZone Wrote:im just trying to give you a hard time Seger trying to ruffle your feathers or get you fired up. You guys got me started on this im just going along with it.

:biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:Nah, we watch you guys do that reminiscing about the Chuke Williams days.

And you forgot you still being stuck on Chandler dominating you in Baseball for several years. Smh you are something else I just can't say but you are a real piece of work. :biglmao:
Bob Seger Wrote:Uh, you might want go back and recheck that yourself...Then lets see if you are still laughing.:eyeroll:

And BTW, I know who Matman is and you are totally embarrassing yourself to even attempt to argue with him on stuff such as this.

M-a-t-n- Confusednicker: better concentrate on the season there Coach. :eyeroll:
Bob Seger Wrote:No, that's what happens when you mention something to one of those ding a lings in Lawrence Co. about playing Johnson Central...All of a sudden it gets really quiet.

I don't think JC would want anything to do with LC this season. You might want to wait awhile till we are down again. That way you can schedule someone you know you can beat like you usually do. Funny thing JC calling SC out knowing they are down. To me that is :lame: SC will be back and I am looking forward to them laying the :ChairHit: on JC and every team besides LC. Once again SC is a program JC has nothing on they have done it better longer, and alot more than JC has. And like LC way before JC could even win a playoff game and was not even competing for the playoffs.
Bob Seger Wrote:Is that the same CovCath that prior to the last two years that JC has humiliated and owned in the playoffs? :popcorn:

And this one time JC was at Football Camp and Seger stuck a football in his Confusednicker: :biglmao: :eyeroll: :hilarious: :flush: :lmao:
No Competition here I'm bored I see a little improvement Seger and Pulp. You guys still need some practice and work to do before you get to my level. I would say you are getting close but I don't want to lie to you. It's just to easy!
KyRock Wrote:And you forgot you still being stuck on Chandler dominating you in Baseball for several years. Smh you are something else I just can't say but you are a real piece of work. :biglmao:

Chandler graduated 4 years ago...Must be you that is living on the past...I think JC has beaten Lawrence Co. , what about 8 or 9 straight times now?

Lets just tell it like it is KyRocksinyourhead, you just cant beat Johnson Central in anything you do....It must be terrible having to be a BullDawg and accept the way it is.Confusednicker:
KyRock Wrote:I don't think JC would want anything to do with LC this season. You might want to wait awhile till we are down again. That way you can schedule someone you know you can beat like you usually do. Funny thing JC calling SC out knowing they are down. To me that is :lame: SC will be back and I am looking forward to them laying the :ChairHit: on JC and every team besides LC. Once again SC is a program JC has nothing on they have done it better longer, and alot more than JC has. And like LC way before JC could even win a playoff game and was not even competing for the playoffs.

It's Lawrence Co. that refuses to play moron.
I remember there was a time once when you could get on these forums and read at least semi-pertinent discussion about recently played and upcoming games, and occasionally there'd be informative and well thought out discussion and analysis.

Now it's just the care, feeding of, and attention to trolls.

Kinda sad.
Johnson Central - 42
Fairland, OH. - 21

JC gets the ball rolling this season with a nice win over the dragons.

Fairland keeps this one close until the 4th qtr., then JC's depth makes the difference.
Bob Seger Wrote:It's Lawrence Co. that refuses to play moron.

No need for name calling Seger. You must be mad or something? Wow what an idiot Confusednicker: :biglmao:
Diogenes Wrote:I remember there was a time once when you could get on these forums and read at least semi-pertinent discussion about recently played and upcoming games, and occasionally there'd be informative and well thought out discussion and analysis.

Now it's just the care, feeding of, and attention to trolls.

Kinda sad.

I agree but Seger wants to talk about beating Covington Catholic 3 or 4 Seasons ago. :Shaking: sad
Bob Seger Wrote:Chandler graduated 4 years ago...Must be you that is living on the past...I think JC has beaten Lawrence Co. , what about 8 or 9 straight times now?

Lets just tell it like it is KyRocksinyourhead, you just cant beat Johnson Central in anything you do....It must be terrible having to be a BullDawg and accept the way it is.Confusednicker:

Stay tuned Bobby for the next couple Seasons Confusednicker:
KY Rock
Get some help on that drug problem you have. Pathway of Lawrence County (606) 638-4332

The question being asked is why JC does not schedule stronger opponents.

However, that question KY Rock and other should be asking is why doesn't local teams like LC, P-burg, Letcher County, Hazard, PCC, Pikeville( before you go crack crazy Raceland & Russell plays Ashland) Raceland, Russell and Iron play JC.

Below is a list of teams on these team schedules that should be dropped and JC added.
Letcher Central SC, Berea,
PCC Fairview
LC (this will take some time to type) Boyd County, Rowan County, Fairview, East Carter (By far the weakest schedule of any of the teams listed) That will be one hell of a 8-4 or 9-3 season.
P-Burg Powell County
I am sure if any of these teams call we will fit them into JC Schedule next year.
Eagle84 Wrote:KY Rock
Get some help on that drug problem you have. Pathway of Lawrence County (606) 638-4332

However, that question KY Rock and other should be asking is why doesn't local teams like LC, P-burg, Letcher County, Hazard, PCC, Pikeville( before you go crack crazy Raceland & Russell plays Ashland) Raceland, Russell and Iron play JC.

Below is a list of teams on these team schedules that should be dropped and JC added.
PCC Fairview
LC (this will take some time to type) Boyd County, Rowan County, Fairview, East Carter (By far the weakest schedule of any of the teams listed) That will be one hell of a 8-4 or 9-3 season.
P-Burg Powell County
I am sure if any of these teams call we will fit them into JC Schedule next year.

:yawn:
Eagle84 Wrote:KY Rock

PCC Fairview
P-Burg Powell County

See you are talking and running that hole because we are not playing JC this year. I would love to see us play JC this year because LC would lay the smackdown on you. Be careful what you wish for because you never know what might happen. I don't know JC's schedule other than Belfry who else on JC's schedule has won a Championship lately? crickets crickets Confusednicker: You idiots get on here and act like JC has won several championships and you can't even get past the second round of the playoffs. Let's see JC played Boyd Co., Rowan Co. also. You brag on playing and beating Ironton they have been awful the last couple of years. You might be the one that needs to call Pathways and lay off the Mt. Dew :biglmao: Take a look at JC's schedule last year and talk about weak and I'm not calling those teams weak but JC Confusednicker:
Save Water drink Mt. Dew!
I think Raceland would also beat JC and Russell would give them all them all they wanted.
Boyd County, Rowan County, East Carter are these teams not in same class as JC in 4a? You might want to stop before you really embarass yourself worse than you have.
PLEASE tell me what JC has done for the fans to be so cocky. Like for real, please tell me I really want to know. You need to worry about winning against teams in your own state before going elsewhere for games. :Thumbs:
Shane Hall. :biglmao:
Why would JC play teams in Ohio when they can't get passed final four in there own division? I dont understand all the hype for JC and they havent won big, EVER!!
Are you really comparing Boyd co to JC? This conversation isn't going any where. And no LC wouldn't beat JC. LC is moving in the right direction but they didn't quite put the work in this off season. They have a quick team but very thin. No JC hasn't won a championship yet but they have been a top program in EKY. I think LC and Pburg would both benefit greatly by adding JC to the schedule. JC would also benefit. Win win.
Johnson Central 49
Fairland,Ohio 14
Central rolls on.
Matman Wrote:Are you really comparing Boyd co to JC? This conversation isn't going any where. And no LC wouldn't beat JC. LC is moving in the right direction but they didn't quite put the work in this off season. They have a quick team but very thin. No JC hasn't won a championship yet but they have been a top program in EKY. I think LC and Pburg would both benefit greatly by adding JC to the schedule. JC would also benefit. Win win.

What makes JC better than Boyd if neither have a championship? Biased opinions really make me laugh. Nice try though bro.
Wildcats14 Wrote:What makes JC better than Boyd if neither have a championship? Biased opinions really make me laugh. Nice try though bro.

Boyd County was a state runner-up in 1973. Which is further in the playoffs than JC or LC have ever gone. So by your logic, that makes them a better program that both JC and Lawrence County, correct?

If you're gonna troll, at least be good at it.
Diogenes Wrote:Boyd County was a state runner-up in 1973. Which is further in the playoffs than JC or LC have ever gone. So by your logic, that makes them a better program that both JC and Lawrence County, correct?

If you're gonna troll, at least be good at it.

YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! Finally you people are getting it or at least this one has. JC is no better, done anything more, or been any farther than anyone else in Eastern Ky :biglmao: Confusednicker: :Thumbs:
KyRock Wrote:YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! Finally you people are getting it or at least this one has. JC is no better, done anything more, or been any farther than anyone else in Eastern Ky :biglmao: Confusednicker: :Thumbs:

How'd your team do against Belfry last year?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5