Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rowan Co. @ Lawrence Co. 8/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who you got and why?
Lawrence had their way with Rowan last year for the most part. I don't know what Rowan has coming back this year but Lawrence has a lot back and are a more explosive and fast team.
I've got the Dawgs because I think this is there year.
Lawrence County 44
Rowan County 14

I may be way off base on this one just think Lawrence will make some noise this year.....Confusedinglepar
Lc 28 rc 21
With Rowan losing their starting QB in week one , I am going to predict a much larger victory for the Dawgs then I was going to.

Dawgs 59-8.
Rowan County's new QB also started last year and is much smarter and faster then Rowan's old QB also this could open up the running game for rowan but passing not so much arm is a lot weaker and struggles under pressure. Rowan O will be alright but DB's are gonna have trouble shutting down Lawrence receiver #11 very athletic and makes big plays
Lawrence County 42
Rowan County 0
LC 40
RC 8

I feel the same with Lc as I do with Raceland. They have lots of tallent and ability, offensive lines with strength and speed, good team speed defensively. Im just still not completely sold on them yet. Still like LC by a handful of tds against Rowan.
I know absolutely nothing on RC so I'm just gonna wait until later in the week to say anything but I feel like LC should have their way.
Just found out that Price (Rowan's QB1) didn't lead any touchdown drives. Back up QB Helvey lead both scoring drives Saturday.
Lawrence County by 28.
Lc-36
rc-12
Give LC two TD's for home field opener. Give LC 1 TD for Rowan running back moved to QB. Give LC 2 TD for strength of offense. Give LC 1 TD for defense.
Sounds good to me.
Be a good game for LC to work more on the Passing Game and also be a good one for them to get the Running Game going. Either way LC 54 RC 20 with the last points for RC on the Subs.
KyRock Wrote:Be a good game for LC to work more on the Passing Game and also be a good one for them to get the Running Game going. Either way LC 54 RC 20 with the last points for RC on the Subs.

They need to work on the pass blocking. I would also like to see em do a little more QB running, who knew Grant could run like that. As for the bolded, when was the last time (if ever) that was said about a Bulldog team lol. For years people have said that we need to pass a little more and boy did we get it Saturday night. I think we had more passing then running in that game.
I am curious as to if they are going to unveil the new all red uniforms in this game or is it just a road game thing. Boyd has to much red so it would not work in the game Saturday. I would love to see em bring back the white on red like we had in the 90's.
Lc 45 rc 14 cecil will not run up the score on anyone. Lets hope kiser does not run to much no need to take chances on him hurting a knee or ankle. Keesee is the backup quarterback and he as never taking a snap at quarterback since the 6th grade. I say kiser is more valuable running the offense the running the ball.
Last year the Bulldogs ran all over Rowan County. The thing to keep in mind is anybody can get beat at any given time. Rowan always plays good in Louisa it has seemed like. Last year they had one of the biggest teams LC faced all year, they just weren't that good fundamentally. Is it the same this year, who knows? One things is for sure I expect a big crowd at LC for the home opener. Best of luck to both teams
Lawrence County will not be tested this week. LC names the score again.
Dawgz roll
dawg fan Wrote:Lc 45 rc 14 cecil will not run up the score on anyone. Lets hope kiser does not run to much no need to take chances on him hurting a knee or ankle. Keesee is the backup quarterback and he as never taking a snap at quarterback since the 6th grade. I say kiser is more valuable running the offense the running the ball.

I agree about Kiser getting hurt, but having a QB who can run is a good thing.
Look at what our offensive coordinator did when he was a player. Having a fast athletic QB who can run is like having a 12th man on the field.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Last year the Bulldogs ran all over Rowan County. The thing to keep in mind is anybody can get beat at any given time. Rowan always plays good in Louisa it has seemed like. Last year they had one of the biggest teams LC faced all year, they just weren't that good fundamentally. Is it the same this year, who knows? One things is for sure I expect a big crowd at LC for the home opener. Best of luck to both teams

Rowan may be improved but I think we are also, especially on the offensive side. Boyd was improved from last year IMO but if not for some rust on offense we could score at will on the Lions. If Rowan don't bring a defense better then they had last year I think this LC offense could hang 60 or more on em.
The weather people can't make up their minds if it's going to rain Friday night or not.:HitWall:
LC-52 RC-18 Over before halftime!
A ballanced offensive team is a good football team. A ballanced defense team makes for a great football team. If Lawrence fan stop Graham's wing t in it's base defense and not have to pull down a LB or Safety to help support the run, they will be fine. If they cant, Graham will throw out of the wing with play action and it could make things close. But this game is more about Rowan's defense vs LC's offense, which I dont think Rowan can hang 4 quarters worth of football with this LC squad. Good luck dawgs!
If Rowan has this game anywhere within 3 TD's, Id be might surprised. If Lawrence is wants to be taken as serious team in the 3A picture, they have to win this one handily.
Not saying RC isn't any good but how would this game determine how far LC goes in 3A?
Pages: 1 2