Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Greenup County 8/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts and Predictions?
russell should win by 2+ td if not more
Russell 35
GC 18

Maynard will have Russell spread out, but will still run the ball. They should bebetter upfront. This game could potentially put up massive rushing numbers with the likes of Conley, Korzep, and Conley. Greenup's screen game is solid, which could be the difference maker. I still like Russell by 3 tds.
I hate predicting till Russell gets a couple of games under their belt but I will say Russell's depth will get the best of Greenup. I say Russell by 3 if not 4 TDs.
Russell - 32

Greenup County - 13
Devils by 14.
GC pulls the upset, finds a way to win late 24-23.
I know nothing about neither team.....just quessing

Russell 38
Greenup County 14

I have no clue just wanted to pick a higher number than SCOTTY_BRONSON and Mr. Pike Central..all in fun. :igiveup:
21-13 Greenup moves to 2-0
New passing offence @ russell will win this one by 4 tds
Maynard wont throw if he doesnt have to. Many people hear "spead" and think west coast offense. From the time Maynard took over at Raceland, until he left, Raceland ran from spread variation 80% of the time. Not once did they throw for more than they ran in a season.
Want Greenup but see Russell big.
Russell 40

Greenup County 14
Russell by 14
I, green, by 9 :HitWall:
Russell just didn't look very good against lc in scrimage I take greenup by 3 24 - 21
Russell will be better this season but so is GC, GC has a bunch of good running backs, but this game will be won at the line of scrimmage, GC by a pt. :biglmao:
I believe Russell's depth will be the deciding factor. Not a lot of drop off from 1st to 2nd string with the exception of just a few. I can see Maynard platooning subs in often and keeping people fresh.
I think Greenup now has the personel to compete and the confidence to win especially at home. Greenup wins in a close one.
Russell by 12.
I agree about the depth. I watched both teams play in the grid.Greenups players looked gased after the third quarter, they play basicly the same players on both sides of the ball. Russells players looked fresh because they were rotating so much, and the level of play didn't drop very much if at all. Its going to be hot Friday, so with the heat and lack of depth I think Russell starts to really control the line at the end of the third, start of the fourth quarter. Greenup is quick up front, but Russell avreges at least 260 if not more, depending on what combo is in there, and they just wear them out. this is something you couldn't say abouy Russell in the past, they were the ones wearing out.
^^^Maynard is a great conditioning guy. Ive worked out with him a few times shortly after i graduated...he knows what he is doing when it comes to strength and conditioning. I look for some DANDY games when they begin the RCB again next year!
Russell's line isn't the tallest but they are pretty big. Throw in Hammond (he may already start) and Slone who are 2 of our stronger linemen as backups and they fill in nicely. Cole who is one of the fastest kids on the team and Hoback and Peterman who are 2 of our grittiest backs as back ups. Our depth level doesn't drop off much at all. Better than our past years when we got so gassed in the 3rd and 4th quarters.
Thats a big factor in classes 1-3A. The less drop off at from ur 1s to ur 2s and the fewer lineman going two ways the better. Russell looked good in the Grid. But, its hard to say how good they actually looked. Feel the same about Raceland though. East is very young and will lose alot of games this year. Im excited to see so much possitive input and support back into the GC and Russell programs. The Back Yard Brawl was always one of my favorite games to attend. Glad to see both programs getting back on par with some of their better teams. Its for another thread, but thos Russell/Greenup basketball rovalries used to be the best.
I like Russell in this one 28-17
I hope it ends in a tie.
^^^there he is lol
Russell 28-7
I'll take the evils in this one. GC will find a way to mess it up.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I hope it ends in a tie.

I'm let down. No team winning by eleventy billion? Lol
Pages: 1 2