Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Couny 47 Boyd County 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boyd plays better in 2nd half and scores late in the game to give you the final score. LC scored so often their defense didn't have much time to rest but still played well.
Congratulations on a good win. Sounded like an air raid from LC tonight. Good luck to the Lions on the rest of the season.
The most passing I have ever seen from a Lawrence County team. Very sloppy play on both sides of the ball at times, but you will get that in the first game of the season. This Bulldog offense is going to be very, very explosive. If you line up to stop the run they can and will throw it all over you and if you spread out and deep they will run it all over you. A lot of speed on this team. The defense did pretty good in the 1st half but that spread and no huddle stuff wore em down. Boyd is a lot better then advertised and I don't know who was saying that they were going to be the worst 4a team in the state and only had 35 players, but both of those statements were a load of garbage. Boyd will win some games this year. They have a stud at QB and a very fast and athletic RB, those two stood out to me. Our defense needs some work and the few young players that we have on defense will get better. This team will get better and more dangerous as the season goes along. It was nice to see some depth and substitutions going on the whole game and a lot of people going one way. The good thing is that we probably wont see another offense quite like Boyd's for the rest of the year. A more run oriented team will play right in the hands of this defense. We got the first game out of the way with a win and now to the film room and practice field to get better! :Thumbs:
I agree with ya...and when Boyd adds Thovson to the slot next week, Mason Co Better watch out!
Dalton had a beautiful catch in the 1st half on a 3rd and long, really athletic kid!
Do-double-gg Wrote:The most passing I have ever seen from a Lawrence County team. Very sloppy play on both sides of the ball at times, but you will get that in the first game of the season. This Bulldog offense is going to be very, very explosive. If you line up to stop the run they can and will throw it all over you and if you spread out and deep they will run it all over you. A lot of speed on this team. The defense did pretty good in the 1st half but that spread and no huddle stuff wore em down. Boyd is a lot better then advertised and I don't know who was saying that they were going to be the worst 4a team in the state and only had 35 players, but both of those statements were a load of garbage. Boyd will win some games this year. They have a stud at QB and a very fast and athletic RB, those two stood out to me. Our defense needs some work and the few young players that we have on defense will get better. This team will get better and more dangerous as the season goes along. It was nice to see some depth and substitutions going on the whole game and a lot of people going one way. The good thing is that we probably wont see another offense quite like Boyd's for the rest of the year. A more run oriented team will play right in the hands of this defense. We got the first game out of the way with a win and now to the film room and practice field to get better! :Thumbs:
You pretty much summed it up. I would add that the offensive play calling was much better. We actually punted when we should have. We spread the ball around so much every coach reviewing this game will pull their hair out trying to figure out how to defend. That tight end #24 Shafer was tripled teamed on his 2nd touchdown. Kiser execvuted the offense very well and I believe he scored twice and threw for two, both to Shafer. Dalton barely missed a for sure TD. Richardson had 3 interceptions with one called back. Chaffins had an interception. Keesee had a pick 6 for about 60 yards. But they do have some things to work on. A lot of standing around on defense that got us burned on a couple of plays. Offensive line letting QB get sacked, missing blocks that left the RB's hanging. Pike County Central runs the spread a lot and this game will help down the road.
I thought the defense looked pretty good they had 3 interceptions returned one for a td and also a fumble recovery so they got 4 turnovers. Had another interception called back. Thats not bad for the 1st game of the year.
StrayBullet Wrote:Boyd plays better in 2nd half and scores late in the game to give you the final score. LC scored so often their defense didn't have much time to rest but still played well.
Lawrence was subbing defense in 2nd half.
One thing that really stood out to me was the play of Kiser, the kid has wheels and knows how to put the proper touch on a pass. Really thought he played well!
StrayBullet Wrote:One thing that really stood out to me was the play of Kiser, the kid has wheels and knows how to put the proper touch on a pass. Really thought he played well!
Yep he put that 2nd td pass to his tight end, who was well defended, in a spot that allowed the TE to make a play. And him and Dalton missed a 40 yard bomb by about a 1/8 of an inch. He executed the offense very well and will only get better. The offensive line is allowing him to get set and actually do a check down on pass plays. LC is going to make some noise this season. After one game who would have thought a tight end for LC would be leading the team in touchdowns? No more stacking the box to stop LC. This in it's self indicates a very different LC team. They have the athletes and coaching to give any team a game. You have to cover every single square inch of the field and every player. They probably are still at 70/30 run vs. pass but the passes were called and executed to near perfection at the right time. Very well executed play calling with some glitches on both sides of the ball to improve on.
good win for the dawgs! Boyd never gave up and fought till the end. Hope the player that was carried out for boyd is okay.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Yep he put that 2nd td pass to his tight end, who was well defended, in a spot that allowed the TE to make a play. And him and Dalton missed a 40 yard bomb by about a 1/8 of an inch. He executed the offense very well and will only get better. The offensive line is allowing him to get set and actually do a check down on pass plays. LC is going to make some noise this season. After one game who would have thought a tight end for LC would be leading the team in touchdowns? No more stacking the box to stop LC. This in it's self indicates a very different LC team. They have the athletes and coaching to give any team a game. You have to cover every single square inch of the field and every player. They probably are still at 70/30 run vs. pass but the passes were called and executed to near perfection at the right time. Very well executed play calling with some glitches on both sides of the ball to improve on.

That 40-yard bomb had 6 written all over it if Dalton hauls it in, it literally hit him in the hands without breaking stride.
Nice job dawgs!
Congrats Dawgs. Sounds like this could be an exciting year in Louisa. I hope Coach Cecil and the Dawgs make a lot of noise in 3a this year.
Love seeing the Dawgs start 1-0.
Wildcat1 Wrote:I agree with ya...and when Boyd adds Thovson to the slot next week, Mason Co Better watch out!

You guys have some good looking kids and I think you will win a few.
StrayBullet Wrote:One thing that really stood out to me was the play of Kiser, the kid has wheels and knows how to put the proper touch on a pass. Really thought he played well!

I got to see the Russell scrimmage on film and I was shocked at how Kiser ran the ball. Not making fun of the kid, but...........I remember when his older brother Hayden ran the ball LOL.
I just got done watching the film of the Boyd game. I'm not knocking anyone and the coaches will see this when they study the film also. We, (just like last year) have a few players on defense who stand around waiting for someone else to make the play. We need the defense to be aggressive and to gang tackle. The kids should be fighting over who gets the next tackle. If we work on that and work on the pass blocking just a little this team will be a tough out come district and postseason time IMO.
Bench the standers , until they,decide to play,AMEN.

M
Bench the standers , until they,decide to play,AMEN.

M:flame::biglmao:
Was at game LC offense explosive their D tends to give up on plays. A lot of times guys were their to make the tackle but other defender had him wrapped up so they watched Boyd backs break out of it for a bigger gain then it should have been.
T-CATS Wrote:Was at game LC offense explosive their D tends to give up on plays. A lot of times guys were their to make the tackle but other defender had him wrapped up so they watched Boyd backs break out of it for a bigger gain then it should have been.
agree. I think we will see some changes on defense next week. Cecil played many players only 1 way. Lineman ross and Johnson will be in more on defense. Linebackers will change to give perry more help. To many plays linebackers were standing around or not pursuing. Also confusion on substitutions to many times on the defensive side for the play called. This was a problem at the Russell scrimmage. It almost appears on the defensive side there are several coaches calling plays and no one defensive coordinator and it is confusing players. It is hard for a player to back up, move up, move in and move out on one play. There only needs to be one voice and one face the players look to on the sideline.
Would like to see, #2 run the ball, o r catch ball, looks real fast, & quick to me. Or aim seeing things, or whatever?