Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott County @ Ryle 8/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Defending State Champs come to Union this week.

Hopefully Ryle can play them like they did the first half of the game last year.

I am hoping Ryle just went to Cooper overconfident and this week will step up to the challenge.
I wish the Raiders would get the horses and system in place before scheduling so aggressively.
Pick6 Wrote:I wish the Raiders would get the horses and system in place before scheduling so aggressively.

Stuck with Warner's two year contracts.
Though I do agree that playing the best is the best way to go because playing a Scott County or a Sycamore will only help you get better as a team by the time Districts come around. Scott County is the strongest 6A team again this year and Sycamore is a school that regularly had FBS talent. So districts are a step down if they can manage I hang with those boys.

Even after the lose to what I believe is a very solid Cooper team I believe Ryle still remains a Question Mark for NKY 6A. There is a lot of talent on the squad and I really like the new offensive scheme the question is was there enough time to install this new system from May till now. It's a 180 of the ground and pound tradition of the past.

At this stand point I need another game or two to evaluate what we have here.

Standings in my eyes-
1. SK - Proved they can play without Powell Friday
2. Campbell - Typical Solid Camels Team
3. Dixie/Ryle- I think both teams are loaded with more talent then the others in the division but can they put the pieces together. It would not surprise me if these two teams ended up fighting for the top spot but at this point the puzzle is half assembled for Ryle.
5. Boone- Still building, better but have a ways to go. I don't think the Floyd situation helped either.
Also still say England needs to stay at Wideout, he is built like a Slot/TE and runs to straight up to be in the backfield.
Positives are that Hall should be returning to the OLine this week which will resolidfy the mess of Friday. Teepen & L. Ross played pretty flawless from what I saw but young mistakes by the other lineman hurt them throughout the game.

Defense was solid and I feel will hold well against Scott County as most of these players were Sophmores & Juniors last year that held Scott Coubty to only 7 points in the first half last season.
Taking the Cards by at least 21
Sorry TNT, Cards roll by atleast 5 scores. Running clock by end of the 3rd qrtr...I hope I'm wrong!
They lost Grayson Miller for the season on Saturday but still have McKee and Guy.
They put up 342 rushing yards on Lafayette but Scott County's defense got lit up.

Problem is as of last Friday it's plain to see Ryle has half an OLine and 1 WR.......
Really hope they get it together and play as a team Friday because there is talent here They just need to live up to the Hype.

Though A close game vs the State Champs could be what this teams needed over the past 3 seasons.
Ryle lost to cooper in a game Ryle had to win. They are decided underdogs the next 2 weeks. The most overrated thing in NKY is the perceived talent at Ryle.

Scott Co. 42 Ryle 14
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Also still say England needs to stay at Wideout, he is built like a Slot/TE and runs to straight up to be in the backfield.
Positives are that Hall should be returning to the OLine this week which will resolidfy the mess of Friday. Teepen & L. Ross played pretty flawless from what I saw but young mistakes by the other lineman hurt them throughout the game.

Defense was solid and I feel will hold well against Scott County as most of these players were Sophmores & Juniors last year that held Scott Coubty to only 7 points in the first half last season.

He does need to get lower but I would have to ask why you would put one of your most athletic kids out to run sprints when you don't have a QB who can come close to hitting open guys. At least he will get touches in the backfield. Nobody is going to run in that offense if we don't block the one middle linebacker at all. We didn't touch Coopers 46 all night, we let that kid plug holes unchallenged. Watch the film.
Scott County rolls. 24 point win.
Fear the Nation Wrote:He does need to get lower but I would have to ask why you would put one of your most athletic kids out to run sprints when you don't have a QB who can come close to hitting open guys. At least he will get touches in the backfield. Nobody is going to run in that offense if we don't block the one middle linebacker at all. We didn't touch Coopers 46 all night, we let that kid plug holes unchallenged. Watch the film.

I agree and the film does tell the tale, I'm hoping when Hall is back it will solidfy the line more. but I do agree for the next two weeks we are sever underdogs.

As far as England, he played WR most of the 7 on 7s and looked great. I agree to QB situation severely alters that.

I know there was a meeting today Players only and I hope that this team takes it upon themselves and a leader rises up. That's what this teams been missing is strong leadership and today was a step in the right direction.

I have watched this Senior group for years and hope that they can do the improbable 1 of the next two weeks. It would be a major step in the right direction to upset Scott County or Sycamore.
Both teams have major speed on offense and both teams have absolutely massive DLines. Scott County has two players over 240 and a 300 pounder on the line.

I also think Cooper is underestimated this year, regardless of the team they were playing I was impressed with the size of there defensive line as well as there lightning fast running back.
You see the receivers frustration when they are busting their buts running their routes and the ball is thrown at their feet and 5 yards behind them. They just kinds of throw their hands up in the air like "really". We need to get the ball out on time and a lot more accurate. I seen a lot of open guys but our Qb held the ball until they ran back into coverage and then he tried to force it. Side note, when the d is in zone we need to find the holes as receivers and sit to give him a target. Cooper was in zone almost all night. We ran into the coverage instead of into the holes. We can teach the receiver how to run routes, but we need a QB who will throw the ball accurately and on time. Arm strength isn't my biggest concern in this offense.
Scott Co
I believe Scott County wins this game, and will win it comfortably. But I do not mean this as a knock on the Raiders. I believe the Raiders and the Camels will have very similar game outcomes this week. I see the first quarter being very competitive, and potentially both taking a lead in the first quarter. But as the game progresses, the athletes and experience will put it's toll on the home teams, and the game will be one-sided by the final horn.

But throw this week out the window when it comes to what they will look like at the end of the season. I believe both teams press Simon Kenton this year for that top spot in the District.
Scott County 42
Ryle 14
Scott County.
Scott is a tough opponent ! It would be great to see ryle with an upset
Intreresting to see how ryle plays after loss. Great game potential
As long as there are no LIGHTNING/ THUNDER right Scott Co? Maybe this time your coach and AD will NOT refuse to come out after some lightning delay.
Fear the Nation Wrote:He does need to get lower but I would have to ask why you would put one of your most athletic kids out to run sprints when you don't have a QB who can come close to hitting open guys. At least he will get touches in the backfield. Nobody is going to run in that offense if we don't block the one middle linebacker at all. We didn't touch Coopers 46 all night, we let that kid plug holes unchallenged. Watch the film.

I would put him at receiver because he is very timid as a running back. Great kid but severely misplaced. He runs very high and actually skates. Having been around high level football for a long time I have not seen a kid that runs like that who was successful or even playing at the next level. Last night was the first time that I have seen him in a game in a few years. It looked like he took a solid shot in the first few plays and was out until the JV and freshman players wee put in the game by Scott. He looked like a man among boys once the replacements were put in. Unfortunately Ryle's varsity team will not play a JV team unless the scores continue to be this lopsided. I'm not sure what it is going to take to turn things around but I am sure the new head coach has a plan.
Agreed he's a good kid, timid for sure. think he needs to stop reading "the NATIONS" press clippings and have some fun and get on the field. Definitely think his speed and athleticism would be better served catching the ball in space. Many more issues at hand then this one to tighten up for sure. One more Friday practice before the season starts. Let's go boys!