Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton 33 Collins 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

BGR Pick Em Game of the Week
No surprises here...
Collins has a lot of work to do. Shot itself in the foot too many times. Much better second half. Just glad to be back home
Tommy2tone Wrote:Collins has a lot of work to do. Shot itself in the foot too many times. Much better second half. Just glad to be back home

Wasn't there but im not really buying the score... I have a feeling there is just some youth and some gelling to do for the Titans. I was figuring Collins to have a bit of down grade at QB for a few games at least but he is the coaches son right? they usually develop nicely. Also what does Collins return on O and D lines?... In the State game last year both were extremely good... someone last night told me that a lot returns on both? I was assuming that they were at least mostly seniors.

What was the shootings in the feet? redzone turnovers or something? If their going to lose a game that would be the best one to lose.
In the second half what was looking good for the Titans?

They will prob win the rest of their games until state easily.

Then State will be one of these: Highlands V Collins replay, Cov Cath V Collins or Lex Cath V Collins.

On the SK side of things.. im really looking forward to the SK / Campbell game... would figure SK would be the favorite but the Camels have made some strides.... looks like Ryle and Boone are not going to be a factor in that division.
Glad to hear both squads were injury free.
Nice job SK.
Dillon Powell 10 carries 112 yards 1 td. Fumbled in the endzone and a lineman got the td. Racke was 10/21 170 yards 1 touchdwon and 45 yards rushing. SK had 409 yards total offense. Kyle Heflin had 7 carries 60 yards 1 td and caught 5 passes for 91 yards. Logan Winkler caught 5 passes for 79 yards 1 td Prince Burge had 7 carries for 21 yards 1 td. SK has so much depth this year. Really impressed. The kicker for SK had several touch backs. The D-line for SK dominated the whole game. Marksberry at NT was unstoppable. Big 6'5 260 pound right tackle Grant Vercheak had a great night. He did good blocking but he did great punting. 6 punts 235 yards 39.2 average and 3 punts inside the 20. Barry Deaton didn't play for SK he is their best linebacker also the Scott transfer didn't play either Miller is his name. Powell only played about a quarter.

Browing Becherer 9/24 118 yards 1td 1int, Burk 4 catches 57 yards 1 td, Nash 2 carries 78 1 td
Lots of young kids got some good minutes last night. Collins' youth and inexperience showed but the second half gives Titan fans a lot of reasons to feel good about this year. They still have some learning to do and lots of things to improve on but I'm confident in the Collins coaching staff to make the proper adjustments.
Watched game and was totally surprised of the decision making on offense by Collins. Becherer seems like hes addicted to throwing the go route, must have thrown at least 12! Never threw down the seam at all, he needs to look for the first down, many receivers were open on short routes, could have moved the ball very easily. Collins doesnt seem to have a quality big back like last years Watkins. They may need to go to a fullback set to move the ball, they have plenty of small backs that can move in open field but not run off tackle. #9 has good speed and Nash both broke late in the game for 26yrds Watkins and 75yrds Nash for a TD. Lets see what adjustments Lucas makes this week! Collins had opportunities but didnt take advantage.
I thought the score might be a little closer.
SK with a huge win.