Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danville 47- Russell County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Danville beats Russell County 47-14.
Does anyone know what Danville returns from last year?
UH Oh...Wow :ChairHit:
Russell County has dropped off a lot over the past couple of years.
Those 2011 and 2012 teams were pretty good.
Much bigger win than I ever expected. Hope to see the Ads back playing Danville football again. These last few years have been brutal.
Can't believe none of the laker fans aren't posting anything....Confusednicker:
Danville's team was very fast and well coached. Our inexperience really showed. We have a long way to go to be a good team, but I believe we can get much better. I could give a long list of excuses, but I won't. Go ahead and laugh and celebrate the Laker's demise if you want to, but these Lakers Will keep working and will be ready to come to your town to play.
Sounds like Danville is back in the game.
panther nation Wrote:Can't believe none of the laker fans aren't posting anything....Confusednicker:

Glad to see a laker loss, can create such joy. We love and support our boys and coaches. A hard loss but I expect them to bounce back .
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Danville's team was very fast and well coached. Our inexperience really showed. We have a long way to go to be a good team, but I believe we can get much better. I could give a long list of excuses, but I won't. Go ahead and laugh and celebrate the Laker's demise if you want to, but these Lakers Will keep working and will be ready to come to your town to play.

As always I enjoy the banter with you. I have a lot of respect for the laker program but I will take my jabs when I can.. Just as I hope you do the same to us... Good luck on your season and I'll she you come October.
Wow, Lakers must be struggling.
panther nation Wrote:Can't believe none of the laker fans aren't posting anything....Confusednicker:

Danville is VERY good, well coached and have speed all over the place! I believe they won their scrimmage against 5A powerhouse Anderson Co. last week. They are real deal plain and simple! If they stay healthy they will go very deep in the playoffs. Their kids came out to play and we were not ready for them, no excuses! We have to learn how to respond to adversity better.

We are replacing 8 on offense and 8 on defense, we have good kids who just have to keep getting better. We have talent but we have to mature and work hard to develop that talent! I BELIEVE IN THESE YOUNG MEN and think they will respond, I think they will get off the mat, keep their heads up and get back at it! No time for pouting only time for improving! We have to focus on the process!

We have a tough road ahead with good teams coming up, so we got to get better fast!

We still have our goals ahead of us, no one is pushing the panic button, we will keep chopping wood, and eventually we'll get a wood pile!

Good luck on your season!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Russell County has dropped off a lot over the past couple of years.
Those 2011 and 2012 teams were pretty good.

2011 9-2
2012 11-1
2013 10-2

They have dropped of a lot the last couple of years? We are inexperienced this year, but we will keep working!!! No guarantees on wins, just a promise we won't quit working to get better!!! We will focus on the process and let the scoreboard take care of itself.
The Cross Movement Wrote:2011 9-2
2012 11-1
2013 10-2

They have dropped of a lot the last couple of years? We are inexperienced this year, but we will keep working!!! No guarantees on wins, just a promise we won't quit working to get better!!! We will focus on the process and let the scoreboard take care of itself.

Let me rephrase that.
After being bad, they got good, and now it seems there bad again.

Is that better?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Let me rephrase that.

Is that better?

If you think it is better! Would have preferred you say you made a mistake about a drop off the last couple years LOL these boys are good boys they won't quit. Take care Gut!
I think just in a general statement you can never judge a team on their first game. You really don't know until mid season how good a team is or how bad a team is. Its never good to say a loss is good but this could a good loss to a really good football team.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Let me rephrase that.

Is that better?

Poor Gut, misery loves company. He is so desperate to bring teams down to his level. Don't think the Laker demise is as great as he would like for it to be.:redboxer:
panther nation Wrote:Danville beats Russell County 47-14.

the margin of victory is surprising. is Russell down that much? or is Danville that much improved?

they will probably wait until they beat your Panthers to post anything Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:the margin of victory is surprising. is Russell down that much? or is Danville that much improved?

A lot of adjustable problems for the lakers due to inexperience. If the young men buy in then season will be good. Of course, this is the challenge for all inexperienced teams early in the season. Danville is talented. Played Anderson county to a scrimmage draw. Have speed and well coached. I expect them to have a very good season
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:A lot of adjustable problems for the lakers due to inexperience. If the young men buy in then season will be good. Of course, this is the challenge for all inexperienced teams early in the season. Danville is talented. Played Anderson county to a scrimmage draw. Have speed and well coached. I expect them to have a very good season

sounds like Danville is back in top form. Who is their head coach now?
panther nation Wrote:As always I enjoy the banter with you. I have a lot of respect for the laker program but I will take my jabs when I can.. Just as I hope you do the same to us... Good luck on your season and I'll she you come October.

I understand! Take your jabs, you haven't had many opportunities in the last four years!! (Hey look, I got one in too) :hilarious: Have a good season! See you in October!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:I understand! Take your jabs, you haven't had many opportunities in the last four years!! (Hey look, I got one in too) :hilarious: Have a good season! See you in October!

:biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:sounds like Danville is back in top form. Who is their head coach now?

Clevenger.
Good job Admirals! Regardless if Russell County is inexperienced or not they are very well coach and always competitive so I consider this a very GOOD win.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:I understand! Take your jabs, you haven't had many opportunities in the last four years!! (Hey look, I got one in too) :hilarious: Have a good season! See you in October!

:Thumbs: