Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: MR. Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who will win Mr football this year? My pick is Maurice Coleman of Butler High
Dont forget about St. Xavier running back Victor Anderson and Male all-purpose back Douglas Beaumont are top candidates for Mr. Football this season.
It is Anderson's trophy to lose, as long as he performs well, he'll win it.
Anderson form St. X
guy from st.x sounds good 2 me
Victor Anderson.. hands down..
I really think Doug Beaumont will win the award, and here are the advantages he has over Anderson.

He plays both ways and is a standout on either side of the ball.
He plays multiple positions (RB/WR/DB/KR) and plays them as well as anyone in the state.
He comitted to a KY school....the University of Louisville (Anderson is going to WVU).
Victor Anderson or Kasey Clark IMO
Anderson missed several games with injury didn't he?

This is Beaumont's award to win, with Chase Minnifield being a threat due to the significant Lexington factor.
i wish 2a and 3a schools had a say in this
Victor Anderson of Male High School in Louisville !
Blackcat Student.... I have no doubt your a great person. BUT, Victor Anderson plays for Louisville Saint Xaiver. Douglas Beaumont plays for Louisville Male.

I love this site because it doesn't limit fans from commenting on threads. That said, should we really comment on things we don't really fully understand?
LovetheBucs Wrote:Blackcat Student.... I have no doubt your a great person. BUT, Victor Anderson plays for Louisville Saint Xaiver. Douglas Beaumont plays for Louisville Male.

I love this site because it doesn't limit fans from commenting on threads. That said, should we really comment on things we don't really fully understand?

All those in favor, say I: I!!!!!!:thumpsup:
I have to say this.. I really do not want to chill people's speech.

I just want to make sure that people understand that when you put something in print (written word, type, etc) that you understand what your saying.

BCS, I know you are a solid member of the community. I don't think you will disagree with me on my point. I want to encourage everyone to comment on important topics. BUT.. if someone asked me what I thought about Issac Newton, I wouldn't comment, OR I would make sure I had a solid understanding before I did so.

Please don't think I'm being rude. To build upon your post, I think Vic Anderson has a legitimate shot at Mr. Football. He has already committed to WVU and is one of the state's top prospects. Given that Male (beaumont) just beat ST X (Anderson) in a close game, I think Beaumont has a slight lead.

Minnefield from Henry Clay may be the best in the state. The kid has committed to UVA, and should be an impact player on arrival. Minnefield plays receiver, DB, runs the ball, punts, etc etc for Henry Clay.
the RB from saint X///
ANDERSON will get it no doubt
blackcat_student Wrote:Victor Anderson of Male High School in Louisville !
he goes to st. X
LovetheBucs Wrote:I have to say this.. I really do not want to chill people's speech.

I just want to make sure that people understand that when you put something in print (written word, type, etc) that you understand what your saying.

BCS, I know you are a solid member of the community. I don't think you will disagree with me on my point. I want to encourage everyone to comment on important topics. BUT.. if someone asked me what I thought about Issac Newton, I wouldn't comment, OR I would make sure I had a solid understanding before I did so.

Please don't think I'm being rude. To build upon your post, I think Vic Anderson has a legitimate shot at Mr. Football. He has already committed to WVU and is one of the state's top prospects. Given that Male (beaumont) just beat ST X (Anderson) in a close game, I think Beaumont has a slight lead.

Minnefield from Henry Clay may be the best in the state. The kid has committed to UVA, and should be an impact player on arrival. Minnefield plays receiver, DB, runs the ball, punts, etc etc for Henry Clay.

given that those two schools are pretty easily confused for people who really don't get a chance to watch them, and probably can't tell you more than 3 to 4 players on each team, who's to say he didn't get confused on the school.
Let's say he read a post that said something about male, then turned around and posted his post with male on the brain. They are both 4A schools from louisville, and they aren't called Trinity.
Give the kid a break.
I agree give the kid a break its easy to get mixed up on here when you are trying to keep up with a bunch of threads..
After What I saw Last Friday Shaun Grimm Is the best back since Arliiss Beach I've Seen Play and Arliss is now in the nfl so Grimm From Johnson Central Should Be Mentioned I mean 300 yards and 3 tds against ashland doesnt happen very often
LovetheBucs Wrote:Blackcat Student.... I have no doubt your a great person. BUT, Victor Anderson plays for Louisville Saint Xaiver. Douglas Beaumont plays for Louisville Male.

My mistake man, I meant St. X ! I just get Trinity, X, and Male, confused often.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:given that those two schools are pretty easily confused for people who really don't get a chance to watch them, and probably can't tell you more than 3 to 4 players on each team, who's to say he didn't get confused on the school.
Let's say he read a post that said something about male, then turned around and posted his post with male on the brain. They are both 4A schools from louisville, and they aren't called Trinity.
Give the kid a break.

Thanks for backing me up man :thumpsup:

Hey, lighten up. If you're not from Louisville it's not hard to get Male, Trinity, or St. X mixed up. I do it all the time and I like to think I know a great deal about KY HS football. I have read many of Blackcat Students posts on here and other forums and he knows enough about football to post on any football thread. So take it easy, just because someone gets something mixed up it doesn't mean they should be banished from posting.

To get back on subject my Mr. Football would go to KASEY CLARK of RUSSELL. His stats are pretty impressive for only playing 2 quarters and on several occasions this year only playing 1 quarter.
LovetheBucs Wrote:Minnefield from Henry Clay may be the best in the state. The kid has committed to UVA, and should be an impact player on arrival. Minnefield plays receiver, DB, runs the ball, punts, etc etc for Henry Clay.

Minnefield has committed to Virgina???
MVP2 Wrote:Minnefield has committed to Virgina???

Yes, he did.
Has anyone else noticed how UK has struggled to get good in state recruits ? I mean the kids from HC, St. X, Trinity, and the guy from Bell Co.
Ref Devil Wrote:Hey, lighten up. If you're not from Louisville it's not hard to get Male, Trinity, or St. X mixed up. I do it all the time and I like to think I know a great deal about KY HS football. I have read many of Blackcat Students posts on here and other forums and he knows enough about football to post on any football thread. So take it easy, just because someone gets something mixed up it doesn't mean they should be banished from posting.

To get back on subject my Mr. Football would go to KASEY CLARK of RUSSELL. His stats are pretty impressive for only playing 2 quarters and on several occasions this year only playing 1 quarter.

I don't think that would happen, just for the sheer fact that Russell is 2A..
As much as we like to not think so, there is a huge difference in 2A to 4A..
And alot of people like to look at it that way.. when you excel in 4A.. people
automatically put you at the top.. when I also know very well, that theres Single A school who could beat 4A schools..
mrfootball03 Wrote:I don't think that would happen, just for the sheer fact that Russell is 2A..
As much as we like to not think so, there is a huge difference in 2A to 4A..
And alot of people like to look at it that way.. when you excel in 4A.. people
automatically put you at the top.. when I also know very well, that theres Single A school who could beat 4A schools..

Last years Mr. Football came from a 2A school(Micah Johnson - Fort Campbell). But I knew what ya meant.
yeah, but which also makes it less of a chance that Mr. Football will come outta 2A again.. You already had to hear 4A fans crying that 2A is weak..
When the honest truth is Kentucky Football isn't as strong as other states all together... 4A is not very strong either... theres only 2 or 3 schools that usually ever break the National Rankings.. St. X, Trinity, & Male sometimes
In my opinion for Kasey to win MR. FOOTBALL he would have had to score an average 6 TD's a game and run for an average of 200 to 250 yards a game just to make it in the top 5. With that said I would love to see him win it but it just is NOT going to happen. This side of the state may win championships but NOBODY may ever win MR. FOOTBALL just because their is not enough exposure.
Pages: 1 2