Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Rankings (For fun and discussion)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am certainly no expert, but I thought it would be fun to throw this out there. Just going by what I've heard and some that I have seen. Not meant to start a war, but would like feedback and see what everybody thinks.....here we go!!!

1. Johnson Central--Until somebody steps up and knocks them off.
2. Lawrence Co.--Talent and new coach must gel.
3. Sheldon Clark--Lot's of talent. Who knows if they get some breaks.
4. Shelby Valley--Returning talent and at least one good transfer.
5. Pikeville--Returning guards, young talent and some nice transfers.
6. Paintsville--Down year last year, but will be back strong.
7. Prestonsburg--Jarrell and Frasure back again.
8. East Ridge--New coach? Fields gone! Miller back? Too many questions.
9. Pike Central--New coach as well. Loss of Burnette will hurt.
10. Betsy Layne--Heard from an insider, they are going to struggle this yr.
11. Magoffin Co.-- Loss of Pitts really hurts...nice point guard.
12. Belfry--Have some talent, may surprise some folks in their district.
13. Allen Central
14. South Floyd
15. Phelps
16. Piarist

Sorry to the fans of the last four teams. I am not very familiar with your players. Again, this is for fun. Just let us know what you think. :1:
Not a bad evaluation. I like Magoffin to be higher than 11. Betsy Layne might be down a little but not that much. AC could surprise.
I like Magoffin also they got 4 starters back .There two leading scores in Russell .and Bolen coming off a winning season first one in a long time . Things are looking better over there .
Not that I'm biased (psst... I am) but I think you guys will be extremely surprised with Sheldon Clark. A kid who is 6'9" transferred there last year and is now eligible to play -- and he's good. A great addition to the chemistry of Parsley and James.
Jc has the best chance as of right now
Johnson Central
Lawrence County
Sheldon Clark
Shelby Valley
Paintsville
Magoffin
I said it all year last year and I still think its true. Gullet is twice the player Shane Hall was or will be. Gullet determines how good this team goes. IMHO I might be biased, but with former Marshall player (Shane Hall) JC still had there hands full with LC last year. LC returns everybody and JC is still the favorite. I'm not buying that at all. And to the JC people that thought they were cool for sitting on our side last year got a little suprise. LOL JC is overated in every sport with no major accomplishments. I really really dont get it either!
Overrated? Could very well be. However, they won the region in every major sport this past season except for girls basketball and they were runners up. Not too shabby....won more regional titles in this past season than any school in the state. Beat the LC team you're referring to 3 times. I think the sleeper team will be Paintsville. If they are healthy, they will be very good!
Hall did not play at Lawrence county last year and JC beat them by 20, paintsville on the other hand could be scary return everyone from a team that didn't win a district game
Lcdawgman Wrote:Hall did not play at Lawrence county last year and JC beat them by 20, paintsville on the other hand could be scary return everyone from a team that didn't win a district game

Overated is right! As well as Shane Hall. Look what happened when he got to Marshall. Maybe the weakest post player I'ver seen his size. Hall is now heading for the coal mines. Just like all the rest JC greats! :eyeroll:
Wildcats14 Wrote:Overated is right! As well as Shane Hall. Look what happened when he got to Marshall. Maybe the weakest post player I'ver seen his size. Hall is now heading for the coal mines. Just like all the rest JC greats! :eyeroll:

:gtfo:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote::gtfo:

:rage: :redboxer:
Wildcats14 Wrote::rage: :redboxer:

:baldbull:
sprucepinetiger Wrote:I am certainly no expert, but I thought it would be fun to throw this out there. Just going by what I've heard and some that I have seen. Not meant to start a war, but would like feedback and see what everybody thinks.....here we go!!!

1. Johnson Central--Until somebody steps up and knocks them off.
2. Lawrence Co.--Talent and new coach must gel.
3. Sheldon Clark--Lot's of talent. Who knows if they get some breaks.
4. Shelby Valley--Returning talent and at least one good transfer.
5. Pikeville--Returning guards, young talent and some nice transfers.
6. Paintsville--Down year last year, but will be back strong.
7. Prestonsburg--Jarrell and Frasure back again.
8. East Ridge--New coach? Fields gone! Miller back? Too many questions.
9. Pike Central--New coach as well. Loss of Burnette will hurt.
10. Betsy Layne--Heard from an insider, they are going to struggle this yr.
11. Magoffin Co.-- Loss of Pitts really hurts...nice point guard.
12. Belfry--Have some talent, may surprise some folks in their district.
13. Allen Central
14. South Floyd
15. Phelps
16. Piarist

Sorry to the fans of the last four teams. I am not very familiar with your players. Again, this is for fun. Just let us know what you think. :1:

Looks good to me. The only thing I may change is Betsy Layne a spot or two higher at 8.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote::baldbull:

:dudecomeon:
Wildcats14 Wrote::dudecomeon:

Confusednicker:
What is this East Ridge new coach???
Randy McCoy is the Head Basketball Coach at East Ridge.
kaylamoore Wrote:Not that I'm biased (psst... I am) but I think you guys will be extremely surprised with Sheldon Clark. A kid who is 6'9" transferred there last year and is now eligible to play -- and he's good. A great addition to the chemistry of Parsley and James.
Didn't know anything about this kid. Sounds like he will make a great addition for them!!
BlueSky Wrote:What is this East Ridge new coach???
That is why I put a question mark after that. I had been told he wouldn't be back. Also had been told that Miller going to Knott Co was a done deal. Sounds like he will back also, That's nothing but good for the Warriors.
I guess you can be and ass in all your post. It is amazing how you just attack a young man all the time. What is the problem he make you his female dog in a game?