Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How does Cordia School operate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone tell me how Cordia operates? From what I've read is that they are public, but they have private capabilities? How does that work?
If im not mistaken Cordia is part of the Knott County School System.
Meaning they are no different than Knott County High School.

It would be similar to Knox Central/Lynn Camp.
Then what is their affiliation to Lott's Creek Community School?
It's part of the Knott system, but it's an unusual situation. Some of the funding comes from private sources, I believe.
This is from a Herald Leader story:

Cordia was founded in 1933 by Alice H. Slone as a settlement school in a remote part of Knott County. With an enrollment of 325 students, Cordia is a public school but receives some financial support from a private foundation run by Whitaker, Slone's niece, who is director of the school now.
Well regardless they broke the rules.... that's the bottom line!! They got caught and should be punished for it. Its just :ChairHit:
Think goodness they didn't catch us here at hazard. We have been cheating for 50 years. I guess we're just better at it. Go dawgs
:lame: ^^ Reason why I don't ask questions much on this board, I get ascinine comments like this.
Any thread with Cordia involved has had a similar remark from bulldawgchomp on it. Must have just got the news or just got the internet one.
Easy Wind Wrote:Think goodness they didn't catch us here at hazard. We have been cheating for 50 years. I guess we're just better at it. Go dawgs

Just wait till you become A threat. Then you are caughtup with.
I loved watching them play.
Will Cordia play BB this year?
I think that was the biggest injustice I have ever seen, there were no less than 15 trasferes in that region last year but, guess who got waxed.
The problem is Cordia had half of them in a 17-team region.
HDE you have covered the 14TH for years and you know that some of the schools recruit players year in and year out. The same schools year in and year out, from schools not only in the region but also in the same district!!! Cordia did it on a much larger scale. 3 or 15, it is still recruiting, some started getting worried and Cordia was the easy target for KHSAA. Ask Noble at Buckhorn what he thinks.
That's true. Hazard went way overboard, for example, with the three foreign exchange players. They are good enough to compete without that.
I agree that one or two is bad, but seven or eight, like Cordia, has to be addressed.
HDE Wrote:That's true. Hazard went way overboard, for example, with the three foreign exchange players. They are good enough to compete without that.
I agree that one or two is bad, but seven or eight, like Cordia, has to be addressed.

I think the address is what got them in trouble...just sayin Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:
OhHereWeGo Wrote:Can someone tell me how Cordia operates? From what I've read is that they are public, but they have private capabilities? How does that work?

Lotts Creek Community Center owns the propety ( Building and Grounds) Knott County Board of Education provides staff and funding.
Cordia is a private school that is leased by the Knott County BOE.

Cordia wouldn't have the funding to be a school in their own right so they are basically in a partnership with Knott County School.
64SUR Wrote:I think the address is what got them in trouble...just sayin Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:

Funniest thing I've ever seen you say.
I just hope that all of the good things Cordia School has done for the students of the community won't be forgotten by this incident. Wrong is wrong, but there's been a lot of good done through the years.
Seems to me that the player issue has not been resolved.
Thing to remember with Hazard and the transfers they had last season, when KHSAA ruled that they couldn't play...HHS didn't fight it.
hearing from a pretty good source that khsaa is working a deal out with cordia as we speak. khsaa does not want costly litigation.
cordia will play this year and the nexts year and the next etc. :popcorn:
I believe Cordia will play regular season if they can find enough games. I would hesitate in saying they would play post season.