Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup County 57 Bath County 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greenup County looks very much improved. Line is bigger and faster, Byrd will be a big factor. Very hard hitting team. Good run stopping DBs. Expect Greenup to win some games this year.
My Dad works with a Greenup County coach, he has said they will be a lot better this season.
It was a combination of Bath having alot of issues both offensively and defensively. But tnhe staff definitely has his kids believing.
Wish I hadn't have left. Sounded like a good game. For Greenup that is. That has to be a huge confidence boost. Maybe that is all the Muskies need this season. Congrats
I see GC's season going like this:

Lewis Co: Win
Russell: Loss
Flemming Co: Win
Raceland: Loss
West Carter: Win
Rowan Co: Loss
Johnson Central: Loss
Ashland: Loss
Boyd Co: Win
East Carter: Win

Greenup doesnt have the luxury of havig a weak district. Ashland and Johnson Central will prove to be to tall of a task. But if Greenup stays healthy, I wouldnt be suprised to see them upset Raceland, Russell, or Rowan. All three have new coaches and adjustments to be made at certain positions. I see a 5-5 record for greenup at the absolute worst. Absolute best is 7-3. Either way they could possibly win a couple playoff games if they stayhealthy.
If they finish 3rd in the District which is where I think they do, that gives them most likely a trip to Cov Cath which they aren't winning!!!
I'm not counting Greenup out but to these seniors I believe they are laying the foundation down for their future. They fell so hard in recent years that a goal to have a winning season would be monumental.
Its hard to say just how much they have actually improved. I know thy played wt a heck of alot more pride, passion, and desire. In recent years they had 0 fire. Yesterday that was not the case. They were very soft defensively in recent years as well. Again, not the case this year. Had very little passing attack in the last few years. Yeaterday their intermediate play action looked good. But Bath County just looked really, really, lost and confused for the most part.
These seniors are 2-28 in 3 seasons. These are the same kids that had to start as freshman against Johnson Central, Ashland, Russell, etc. because of low numbers. Just scoring in those 2 years was an achievement. Now their competing and GC's current freshman can play just freshman/JV football. That's a huge improvement. They could've won several more at the end of last season but injuries just killed them (Byrd at mid season one). They have to stay reasonably healthy this season because they aren't deep. I think they can take Rowan County at home. Having Raceland, Fleming County, and Russell at home this season helps also. Johnson Central away will be brutal as will Ashland.

They could win as many as 7 games but they could win as many as 0, just depends how things go but i know with what they've been through they'll come to compete every week. Playoffs would be huge for these seniors and the team regardless of who and where they play.

It all starts at Lewis County next weekend though and i think that's how their looking at it.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I see GC's season going like this:

Greenup doesnt have the luxury of havig a weak district. Ashland and Johnson Central will prove to be to tall of a task. But if Greenup stays healthy, I wouldnt be suprised to see them upset Raceland, Russell, or Rowan. All three have new coaches and adjustments to be made at certain positions. I see a 5-5 record for greenup at the absolute worst. Absolute best is 7-3. Either way they could possibly win a couple playoff games if they stayhealthy.

You have GC beating Lewis but losing to Rowan? Lewis just beat Rowan 21-7 in varisty action in the grid while missing a few players. Rowan looked overmatched the entire game and had one solid offensive drive. Greenup will beat Rowan this year.
I believe that GC will have a winning season at 8-2 or better.

Russell: Win
Raceland: Win
Rowan Co: Win
Greenup County also has a kid that will be eligble no later than the 2nd game that came from Sciotoville Community in Ohio. Was listed as a LB/TE there and is 6'5-6'6 about 250 or so. Very good long athlete. Basketball and football player. Was at the Bath County scrimmage on the sideline and will be a factor on both sides of the ball. He will help exactly where Greenup needs it filling in their lines.
Saw the kid u speak of. Looks like a ver atheletic big man.
Fly By Night Wrote:I believe that GC will have a winning season at 8-2 or better.

I'd be surprised to see Greenup win 8 and I would be surprised if they beat Russell or even Raceland for that matter.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I'd be surprised to see Greenup win 8 and I would be surprised if they beat Russell or even Raceland for that matter.

The Russell and Raceland games are in Lloyd.

No surprise to see wins for GC in those games in 2014.
Fly By Night Wrote:I believe that GC will have a winning season at 8-2 or better.

Pretty ambitious predictions! If they are 5-0 going into their district play they will have accomplished a lot. Lewis is improved, Russell is Russell, Fleming has one of their best team in years, Raceland is athletic and experienced and West Carter is no slouch.
I think they are a lock for 3rd in their district. Rowan is down athletically and Boyd is still trying to make gains.
Fly By Night Wrote:The Russell and Raceland games are in Lloyd.

No surprise to see wins for GC in those games in 2014.
How many of those 7 Greenup wins have been at Lloyd? I know Russell leads the series 33-7 according to My football preview from last year. I think Greenup winning will still be a surprise even at Lloyd.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:How many of those 7 Greenup wins have been at Lloyd?

All of them.

We all know that GC has never defeated Russell at Russell.

:zzz:
Fly By Night Wrote:All of them.

We all know that GC has never defeated Russell at Russell.

:zzz:

Greenup has only defated Russell 7 times basically I'm saying that The odds are usually against Greenup at Russell or Lloyd so to me that's why it will be a surprise to see Greenup win.Confusednicker:
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Greenup has only defated Russell 7 times basically I'm saying that The odds are usually against Greenup at Russell or Lloyd so to me that's why it will be a surprise to see Greenup win.Confusednicker:

Adds up to about 7 wins and 13 losses for GC at home vs. Russell.

This should be a good year for GC so I like their chances at home.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I see GC's season going like this:

If the injury bug don't bite them they will be ok, just not a lot of depth but they should handle the Rams.
I will be honest. If Raceland comes out like they did the first few ppossessions, they will have long nights against teams that are as hungry and fired up as Greenup Co. If they play like they did from Midway through the 1st quarter-midway trough the 3rd, tey will be just fine. Greenups tenacity and desire impressed me Saturday. They are much better. Mullinshas this group believing. Good luck to the Musketeers this season.
ok....until Greenup County proves me wrong, my opinion of these optimistic predictions is.....:lmao:
Bottom line is Don't count your hatches before they chicken. Bath Co. was absolutely 100% god awful. a JFL team could have scored a touchdown on Bath. It was hard to get a good read on any of the teams that won because the competition they were playing was horrible. GC will find out how much improved they are when they play Russell and Raceland will find out what they have when they play Ashland.