Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Intra-District Playoff System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is everyones thoughts on this?

Personally, I dont like it. I think of the playoffs as being a series of great games between 2 different teams that didn't get to play in the regular season or district.

Now I think that the teams in the same district playing twice in the season dosen't give the fans what they paid for. Except for the district with Belfry, SC, P'burg in it in 2A. But in my Jumpers 1A district 7 it has Somerset, Harlan(playing Somerset for the district championship next friday), Cumberland(which Somerset demolished and Harlan demolished), and probably Williamsburg getting in(which Somerset and Harlan both beat)

My point being that I would rather see the playoffs between 2 different teams from different districts and the same region rather than seeing lopsided games in a lopsided district which Somerset and Harlan are both in control of in District 7. That is just my opinion.
I hate this new playoff system ! I loved traveling to Jackson, and Middlesboro ! But I guess theres nothing we can do about it !
Yeah the new playoff system is crap.
Its not that great
I think it is horrible.
Most #4 seeds will get spanked by the # 1 seeds for the 2nd time this season.
It doesn't do either team any good.
I'd rather see the playoffs cut down to the top two teams from each district than staying in the district for the first two rounds.
I do not think that this system is a good idea and hopefully will see it changed in the future. I like the thought of traveling and playing new teams and it sucks for teams like in 2A district 8 . Pburg, SC, and Belfry have to kill each other to get out of the district.
I really don't care much for this new system either. I personally like getting to travel or have a big team from far away come in to play. Then my junior year, we got to play Belfry for a regional championship, that was a good game.
who gave them a idea about puttin it in there...
i have to agree with friday night lights it would be a better playoff and better games if teams had to play differnt teams instead of the same teams over.
I think it sucks..Just flat out sucks!
Cuts down travel but it is also hurting the gate too. If you get beat in the regular season by a team do you want to go back to watch it again or listen on the radion..... It is horrible when you play district games and there are more kids on the sidlines as players and cheerleaders than there are fans in the stands...... How is that gonna help out at the gate.. NODDA.......
At least when we would play other ditricts, you knew no matter if you are the 4th seed you may have a chance.... You have not played them yet and may have a deciding game..... This way puts the 4th team in the district with the 1st ............ wanna drive to watch you get your lunch handed to ya...... I dont think so....
BUT yes there always is that chance of winning, slim , but always a chance.... sure...:redboxer:
I can't stand it.
All I have to say is :wtf1: !
it dont make any sense and its a horrible thing
This is a really dumb idea i think...If everything falls in place, Belfry will be the number 1 seed by beating Shelby Valley this Friday in which will put Shelby Valley in 4th place...Therefore, we will be playing Shelby Valley the following week as well since the 1 and 4 seeds play......Just doesnt make sense...
Russell played East Carter last Friday and if we winFriday will turn around and play them the following week too. Not as Bad asplaying back to back weeks but close...
I guess I am gonna miss seeing other team sfrom around our region come to play us at home.
i don't much care for it either..
This doesnt make any sinse.....why make them play twice thats the enitre point of the season is to finish top 2 in the district to have a homefield playoff game...this takes all the out
Isn't the playoffs the whole point. For teams to get to play teams or travel to places that they never get too and see what other district's competition is like. Because I know in alot of districts, a 4 seed could probably play for the championship or be a 1 seed in other districts!
I guess it gives more incentive. If you want to play the other teams in the other district you have to win to get there and play them.
I'm not to keen on it right now either though.
Don't like it. When I played we would much rather have fresh meat than playing the same team again, but if we did meet the same team again it was usually for the region championship....ahhhh just don't like it.
I don't like it very much, not good for the teams involved.
I just like the OLD system of the top 2 teams made the playoffs instead of 4. Yea I know that they say that it gives more teams to participate in the postseason but who wants to play just one extra week when you know your not going to win. I just like the 2 system playoff format better.
Its stupid..
Now everyone gets to play again.. for no reason..
Before, a #4 had a better chance going in on a new team..
In the old system, i think it was fair..
the only way the two teams from the same district play is if they are the best
and thats the way it should be.. the two best teams should get to..
If SC & Belfry are the best teams in the whole region 4, then they should get to play for the regional championship.. not the disrict.. because they are the best.. and it will be a better game.. now if disrict 7 was weak (for example only)
then the regional championship game could be horrible... instead of a overtime game between belfry & sc... you could have a belfry & middlesboro blowout..
i just think the old way made it better.. and more competitive
I don't know yet if this system will be the best in the world, but this is the hand we've been dealt. So I think we need to get used to it for now anyways.
The new system is stupid but I guess your right Train85,we all have to get use to it because that is how its going to be now