Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County Central Soccer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hearing rumors Pike Central is not having a soccer program this year. Is that true? If so are their scheduled games just cancelled or entered as forfeits?
:Cheerlead If they dont start the season, IMO they would simply count as a cancellation. I hate to hear of a program folding, any reason why? :popcorn:
I was told there are not enough kids interested in playing. Sorry to hear it too.
Last word I heard on it, only 8 girls turned out for soccer. In a school that size, that is just unacceptable. They need to do what they can to develop all sports so all students have a chance to participate. I feel the most for the 8 who did come out, now they can't play at all due to what I perceive as the administration's lack of support. Really, for a program to drop off that far into the deep end shows me the athletic director and administration isn't doing enough to increase support and turnout. And I'm not even a Pike Central fan, I just hate it for the kids.
No program, lucky they had one for the last few years. As someone who helped start the program the support was never there by anyone at the school beyond the players and parents. Our budget my senior yr. was a couple hundred bucks we practically funded it out of pocket and fundraised like crazy. Coaching became an issue a year or two after I left and from there the program was on a slow decline to what we have now. I hate it but it is what it is.