Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: It's About Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
"A determination from a federal judge in North Carolina on Friday marks a significant moment in the battle over voter ID laws in the United States and is all but certain to come before the Supreme Court. On Friday, Judge Thomas D. Schroeder of the Federal District Court rejected an effort by the NAACP and other civil rights groups and the Justice Department to block the application of a Republican-backed state voter ID law."
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/pol...-289784321

Glad to see there are a few decent judges left in the US.
There is absolutely no reason that you shouldn't have to have id. That is common sense.
Yea, we've got to get a handle on that almost non existent percentage of in person voter fraud.
Most here don't have the courage to admit it, but there is only one reason republicans push for voter id laws, to keep certain classes of people from voting. Especially when theses classes primarily vote democrat. If they voted republican, you guys wouldn't be saying squat.
I've shown my photo identification every single time I've voted. Are you kidding me? So, voter fraud is a "myth", and we should just sit on our hands while folks who aren't even citizens of the country vote....JUST because they vote democratic?

That sounds about right.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014...natio.html
TheRealVille Wrote:Most here don't have the courage to admit it, but there is only one reason republicans push for voter id laws, to keep certain classes of people from voting. Especially when theses classes primarily vote democrat. If they voted republican, you guys wouldn't be saying squat.

LOL. If they voted Republican you can bet your last dime that the Dems would be screaming to high heaven for voter ID's. There are as many as 20 million illegal immigrants floating around this country. Evidently Eric Holder et-al, ie liberals, believe they should be allowed to vote whether they are citizens or not. Therefore, upon arrival at the polls they are ushered in to vote even if they cannot identify themselves with any form of documentation whatever, much less if they are even registered under the law.

Incredibly, you just made the Republican's case for bias in the matter when you admitted that they vote Democrat. Democrats make no secret that the gravy carousel of free goodies will continue for them as long as they hold a majority in the US congress. In fact, word of that guarantee has spread as far south as the Yucatan Peninsula hence, the flood of border crashers. It has been suggested that Social Security cards could do double duty as voter ID's, which of course are provided FREE OF CHARGE to all American citizens. But, Dems resist this solution too, because the illegal vote is critical to their election success in tight races. Funny thing about the SS card deal is that absolutely nobody is raising a ruckus about those poor folks (certain classes as you say), who have to work out a way to get themselves down to their local SS Office to get their cards.

Dems were rolling out the barrel when Romney was defeated. When one considers the vast pool of votes 20 million interloping illegals represent, the whole idea of resisting voter ID requirements, becomes clear. Obama only won the popular vote by 6 million, not exactly rocket science now is it?

At any rate what you and your ilk are arguing, is that "certain classes" should be allowed to break the law, and we who abide by the law must subsidize their efforts to break said law. I got the courage to say that, as well as saying that evidently we are not a nation of laws as the President has said so many times when within his favored default setting as lecturer-in-chief.
I was speaking of black voters, and younger voters. Prove the almost non existent in person voting. Illegals don't vote, unless they knock out a registered voter. That's when the almost non existent in person voter fraud would happen. When's the last time you voted that you didn't have to sign your name on a ledger, beside your name? Show us where registered voters have complained that they didn't get to vote because someone voted for them.
TheRealVille Wrote:I was speaking of black voters, and younger voters. Prove the almost non existent in person voting. Illegals don't vote, unless they knock out a registered voter. That's when the almost non existent in person voter fraud would happen. When's the last time you voted that you didn't have to sign your name on a ledger, beside your name? Show us where registered voters have complained that they didn't get to vote because someone voted for them.

Your argument is ridiculous. Nobody ever said that legitimately registered voters were being denied the right to vote. ACORN has more folks in the big house for registration fraud than you can count. John Conyers shouldn't even be allowed to run for reelection due to voter registration fraud involving forged signatures on his ballot petition. http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/255469...n-ejection

Proof is what the national news media has provided. Poll workers have reported that they have been instructed to allow anybody who comes in to vote regardless of documentation. I've already posted the link for the guy named Freddy up in Michigan who voted about 27 times for Obama in the same election. And, I know you won't bother, but type 'acorn election fraud' into your search bar and see what comes up.

At any rate, election fraud, from the famous Chi-Town "dead vote" to allowing the unregistered to vote has been reported over and over again. Only those awash in the Kool aid turn a blind eye to the obvious.

BTW, black voters and young voters who qualify for Social Security darn well go down and get their SS cards with nary so much as a wince.
^
It's a no win situation on that case. If you want ids then your obviously a racist. One would think the biggest thing holding back equality are the whites and those in power screaming at other whites about racism.
It blows my mind that anybody would be against showing id. So if a homeless man goes to the liquor store do they not card him because it's discrimination? Gimme a break
Again, prove the in person voter fraud.
Granny Bear Wrote:I've shown my photo identification every single time I've voted. Are you kidding me? So, voter fraud is a "myth", and we should just sit on our hands while folks who aren't even citizens of the country vote....JUST because they vote democratic?

That sounds about right.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014...natio.html
If they made you, they broke KY law. In KY, a photo id is not required. You can even show a credit card. Prove that non citizens are voting.
I vote in Laurel county if the person in front of me tell the clerk they are Republican they ask them their name and if you tell them you are a Democrat they ask you for and ID and I'm not lying this want happen to me anymore if they don't ask a republican next time in front of me I'm going to raise hell.64SUR Confusednicker:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/...-times/Yes, I voted twice," Richardson told WCPO-TV. "I, after registering thousands of people, certainly wanted my vote to count, so I voted. I voted at the polls."

Authorities also are investigating if she voted in the names of four other people, too, for a total of six votes in the 2012 presidential election.

"I'll fight it for Mr. Obama and for Mr. Obama's right to sit as president of the United States," Richardson vowed when asked about the voter fraud investigation that is now under way.

Richardson is one of 19 people suspected of illegal voting by the Hamilton County Board of Elections in the last election.
^ Fox. lol
^
They must be doing something right.
Fox news ratings are better than that of MessNBC and CNN combined....

I guess its because us privileged white folks with the id's can afford cable :hilarious:
nky Wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/...-times/Yes, I voted twice," Richardson told WCPO-TV. "I, after registering thousands of people, certainly wanted my vote to count, so I voted. I voted at the polls."

Authorities also are investigating if she voted in the names of four other people, too, for a total of six votes in the 2012 presidential election.

"I'll fight it for Mr. Obama and for Mr. Obama's right to sit as president of the United States," Richardson vowed when asked about the voter fraud investigation that is now under way.

Richardson is one of 19 people suspected of illegal voting by the Hamilton County Board of Elections in the last election.

This is exactly the kind of thing I've been talking about. Adding it all up, along with the 'dead vote', then lump in the illegal immigrant voting lotto and viola, if your a Dem you win. ID cards would eliminate every bit of it. Matter of fact, they likely ought to embed the card with a chip and scan the darn thing at the poll so that there is an electronic record of the day, time and poll location.
Showing ID is so common place for so many things in this country. If they asked for a passport at the voting booths, I could see the outrage, but this is completely different.
I don't understand why this is even an issue. There are so many things you could put in place of voting for having to show ID and people wouldn't even think about it.
Seriously think of how many thing you have to show ID for.
If im not mistaken, a simple ID card at the courthouse is only 10 or 11 dollars. Im fine with handing them out free if people need them, at least the first one. Its not the same as getting a license or CDL, this is different. It looks like a license but says ID instead of DL.

Its really that simple. Here is my one time partisanship with you dems. Free ID's to anyone who needs it and can verify who they are. This could be kept in a database with the photo ID so people cannot go and get separate ID's. I just don't understand the hoopla.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
They must be doing something right.
Fox news ratings are better than that of MessNBC and CNN combined....

I guess its because us privileged white folks with the id's can afford cable :hilarious:

that's because all the republicans are takers they watch tv all day
Wow! Vector & TRV are back. Something's up.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ Fox. lol

?
So are saying it didn't happen?
TheRealVille Wrote:^ Fox. lol
http://m.wlwt.com/news/poll-worker-gets-...g/21014378
An NBC STATION

:pondering: HI
nky Wrote:http://m.wlwt.com/news/poll-worker-gets-...g/21014378
An NBC STATION

:pondering: HI

:thatsfunn It wasn't really an answer anyway.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Wow! Vector & TRV are back. Something's up.

It's mid August and the polls ain't looking so good for Dems. :biggrin:
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Wow! Vector & TRV are back. Something's up.

Allison is scraping the gutter for votes now Confusednicker:

Vector and TRV here to pick up 64's vote...

Im going to have to let Hoot come back.
hahaha this is hilarious!!!!!! The right wing leadership in this country wants you to produce proof of ID to fix a non existent problem but doesn't support extensive background checks for buying fire arms. They then go on to spin this as somehow logical and patriotic instead of them serving there own pocketbooks. Why would any party want it to be easier to own a gun than to vote in a election?
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:hahaha this is hilarious!!!!!! The right wing leadership in this country wants you to produce proof of ID to fix a non existent problem but doesn't support extensive background checks for buying fire arms. They then go on to spin this as somehow logical and patriotic instead of them serving there own pocketbooks. Why would any party want it to be easier to own a gun than to vote in a election?

This is just about as ridiculous a statement as I have read on here and I've seen some doozies. Evidently you've never voted or bought a gun. Republican leadership offered to make social security cards a photo ID that people would use for identification purposes at the polls (free of charge). I assume you have one of those? At any rate, I've shown my driver's license before I voted. As well as having to fill out a voter registration before I was allowed to vote when I turned 18. People who aren't even US citizens are voting with out benefit of having been preregistered or even in possession of any form of ID. Why do you suppose Democratic leadership has opened the floodgates for illegal immigration

The background checks are pretty extensive to buy firearms. Buyers have to fill out forms that include a lot of personal information and show an ID. That information is then cross checked at the state level against their data base. If you don't check out you wait to buy a gun or possibly get denied the privilege.

So, to say it's easier to buy a gun than to vote is laughable. But, not as laughable as saying there is some financial benefit for the right to enforce voter ID laws. Confusednicker:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:hahaha this is hilarious!!!!!! The right wing leadership in this country wants you to produce proof of ID to fix a non existent problem but doesn't support extensive background checks for buying fire arms. They then go on to spin this as somehow logical and patriotic instead of them serving there own pocketbooks. Why would any party want it to be easier to own a gun than to vote in a election?

Hey Tomcat 7200000000000000, you might avoid embarrassing yourself further if you made your way back to the football threads and spent your efforts trying to conger NotsoBADCAT back up from the dead...You obviously don't have a single clue about anything regarding this entire subject matter.
TheRealVille Wrote:Most here don't have the courage to admit it, but there is only one reason republicans push for voter id laws, to keep certain classes of people from voting. Especially when theses classes primarily vote democrat. If they voted republican, you guys wouldn't be saying squat.

Absolutely, TheRealVille. I am a firm believer in giving the vote only to those who actually pay income taxes. Obviously, by allowing only those who actually contribute to the operation of the system to vote, I am insuring that your boys and girls will never win another election. Without the ticks and related bloodsuckers of society, the Democratic Party would cease to exist.

If we must allow these groups to vote, at least they should have enough intelligence to obtain proper identification. Obviously, since so many of them aren't gainfully employed, they have plenty of free time to obtain that proper identification.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Absolutely, TheRealVille. I am a firm believer in giving the vote only to those who actually pay income taxes. Obviously, by allowing only those who actually contribute to the operation of the system to vote, I am insuring that your boys and girls will never win another election. Without the ticks and related bloodsuckers of society, the Democratic Party would cease to exist.

If we must allow these groups to vote, at least they should have enough intelligence to obtain proper identification. Obviously, since so many of them aren't gainfully employed, they have plenty of free time to obtain that proper identification.
Republicans have plenty in there own party they should be paying alot more income tax than those democrats on welfare they just put there money in offshore bank accounts or make billions of dollars while paying taxes on a lower percentage of there income than a middle class family.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5