Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County @ Pike County Central 8/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Whitley only has around 25 varsity players out. Around 20 frosh.
I called a friend to make sure what I wrote was indeed correct and was told that 59 were at practice today. So your information is incorrect.
33 power Wrote:I called a friend to make sure what I wrote was indeed correct and was told that 59 were at practice today. So your information is incorrect.

I was just going by the roster submitted by the HC.
I don't live there anymore and haven't seen the numbers, I was told it could be close to 70 when practice began but they had lost some. On the KHSAA website, there are only 25 players listed not including frosh.
We got around 60 kids right now.
I'm taking the Colonels in this one.
34-21
I liked Whitleys chances a lot better when there was still a glimmer of hope Mills could return.
Definitely not happening though, and it puts a big hole in that backfield.
pjdoug Wrote:I don't know but I would bet Pike Central's numbers are way better.

That's great news for a new coach coming in.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I liked Whitleys chances a lot better when there was still a glimmer of hope Mills could return.
Definitely not happening though, and it puts a big hole in that backfield.

Backfield will be fine. 5 solid hard nose young men will share reps. Ysidro will miss 2-3 games but will be full strength by district schedule for sure.
OL is coming along well. Learning new terminology and to pass block has been biggest obstacles but they are developing nicely. Receiving core will be deep with some speed and size.
Defense has some size and speed and have picked up on scheme well.
Whitley scrimmages Leslie Co Friday night at 7:30 at Whitley.
Go see for yourself.
The attitude of this team has been excellent.

Looks like they are having fun everyday which is usually a reflection of a team that is getting better.

Sometimes you take a team that plays hard and together and has some fun and they will make up for some athletic shortcomings.

I think it will be an interesting season.
footballfever Wrote:Backfield will be fine. 5 solid hard nose young men will share reps. Ysidro will miss 2-3 games but will be full strength by district schedule for sure.
OL is coming along well. Learning new terminology and to pass block has been biggest obstacles but they are developing nicely. Receiving core will be deep with some speed and size.
Defense has some size and speed and have picked up on scheme well.
Whitley scrimmages Leslie Co Friday night at 7:30 at Whitley.
Go see for yourself.

I wish I could.
any thoughts on this game?
I've never been to Pike Central.is the stadium at the school? easy to find?
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Made this for my Hawk's Hangout pages (Making one for every team we play), I haven't debuted it on their yet.

So this is a BGR exclusive. Wink

[Image: aotcle.jpg]

I need that helmet for my avatarSmile
Where's the best place to eat near Pike Central? Smile
64SUR Wrote:I think this will be a high scoring game.

Pike County Central 41
Whitley county 33

Pulling for Whitley county...:Cheerlead

After watching Whitley county scrimmage Leslie county Friday night I'm changing my score.

Pike County Central 48
Whitley County 21

Still pulling for Whitley County I would be shock if Whitley won prove me wrong..:Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:After watching Whitley county scrimmage Leslie county Friday night I'm changing my score.

Pike County Central 48
Whitley County 21

Still pulling for Whitley County I would be shock if Whitley won prove me wrong..:Cheerlead

:ChairHit:
How did Pike do against Betsy Lane, Morgan and Allen Central?
64SUR Wrote:After watching Whitley county scrimmage Leslie county Friday night I'm changing my score.

Pike County Central 48
Whitley County 21

So you think Pike Central is 41 points better than Leslie Co.?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I was just going by the roster submitted by the HC.
I don't live there anymore and haven't seen the numbers, I was told it could be close to 70 when practice began but they had lost some. On the KHSAA website, there are only 25 players listed not including frosh.

I think updated roster on KHSAA has about 67 players listed with near 30 Freshmen. is that correct? if so the numbers are looking better already
footballfever Wrote:So you think Pike Central is 41 points better than Leslie Co.?

He doesn't know what he thinks. Do you know anything about Pike Central? I've been all over the state and seen a lot of games but I've never been to Pike Central.
pjdoug Wrote:I've never been to Pike Central.is the stadium at the school? easy to find?
Very easy. Stadium is at the school. Take the opposite side of Walmart at the intersection from 23 to 119. It will be in plain sight on your left around 3 miles on that road.
pjdoug Wrote:Where's the best place to eat near Pike Central? Smile
You have Texas Roadhouse in the Pikeville Commons shopping center. Or you could go downtown for more selection. The Blue Raven, Bank 253, El Azul Grande, Chirico's, The Landmark are some local places that people enjoy.
footballfever Wrote:So you think Pike Central is 41 points better than Leslie Co.?

:what: where did you come up that I said Pike Central is 41 points better than Leslie Co.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Very easy. Stadium is at the school. Take the opposite side of Walmart at the intersection from 23 to 119. It will be in plain sight on your left around 3 miles on that road.

ThanksSmile
Panther Thunder Wrote:You have Texas Roadhouse in the Pikeville Commons shopping center. Or you could go downtown for more selection. The Blue Raven, Bank 253, El Azul Grande, Chirico's, The Landmark are some local places that people enjoy.

no good country cookin' places in Pikeville?
64SUR Wrote::what: where did you come up that I said Pike Central is 41 points better than Leslie Co.

you predict Pike Central to win by 27. Whitley beat Leslie by 14. 27 +14 = 41 :blondetea. your math lesson for the day Confusederved:
pjdoug Wrote:you predict Pike Central to win by 27. Whitley beat Leslie by 14. 27 +14 = 41 :blondetea. your math lesson for the day Confusederved:

Get ready for a math lesson pjdoug :Sad04:
I think Whitley will win this one by two touchdowns. Not a lot of defense in this one.
pjdoug Wrote:I need that helmet for my avatarSmile

[Image: whitley-county-ky.gif] Throwback! You can find a lot of the Kentucky high school helmets here.
http://www.mghelmets.com/ I can't find a black Whitley helmet.
I need to update that graphic, I did a little more research and I do believe that we played each other in '94.

It's been tough trying to find out our history from '93 thru '97.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6