Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leslie Freshman Colin Smith Ranked Top 5 Freshmen In State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to Rick Bolus Leslie County incoming freshman Colin Smith is ranked among the top 5 freshmen players in the state. Congratulations and good luck this season.
To be that young and be ranked in the top 5 in the entire state, that's impressive. Congrats to the young man and best of luck to the Eagles this season.
That's awesome. Keep up the good work. I love seeing these types of players here in the region.
Did he grow up in Leslie or did he move here?
Born here, raised here, and parents are from here.
That's awesome. Leslie County don't get much attention usually but it's great to hear they might make some noise in the 14th.
I saw this kid during summer ball. He can play. Will be a fun to watch the next few years. Congrats young man. :Thumbs:
no doubt kid can play but dont give much hype to these rankings.
Don't be a hater. This is a gret accomplishment for the kid. But I guess u get no hype unless ur from PCC huh.
didnt mean it bad great kid got props just saying these rankings are only good if you went to his camp he top 5 in the camp
they make it seem top 5 in ky when its really not
Count Wrote:Don't be a hater. This is a gret accomplishment for the kid. But I guess u get no hype unless ur from PCC huh.

It's a great accomplishment and PCC has nothing to do with anything.
You're the one that brought them up.

But let's get REAL for a minute.
These rankings are from one guy that hosts his own basketball camp.
I don't know much about this kid from Leslie County, but can someone tell me if he went to the Blue Chip camp that Bolus hosts?
sounds like i have stepped on some toes not my intention at all. If a kid from the mountains is legit top 5 in the state i am more than thrilled i coach alot of kids from this area more clay laurel knox etc but i am also a realist i have seen bollus rankings ever since i was in school back in the late 80 and early 90 if you go to his camp u r ranked look at the list and think of all the kids that are for real but not on the list this shows up more in the younger kids age groups
"Rick Bolus’ 35th High Potential Blue Chip Basketball Camp Session 2

Junior Division All-Star Game July 16, 2014

Gray Team
Coach Ta-Rel Franklin Cleveland, OH
Coach Howard Slaughter Lexington, KY

Cullen Pennington 5-6 Fr. Leslie County Hyden, KY

Seth Thomas 5-10 8th Grade Mayfield Middle Mayfield, KY

Dawson Abbott 5-7 Fr. Pickett County Byrdstown, TN

Jalyn Hickman 5-0 8th Grade Knoxville, TN

Preston Tucker 5-10 8th Grade Casey County Liberty, KY

Jacob Collins 5-11 Fr. South Floyd Hi Hat, KY

Colin Smith 6-2 Fr. Leslie County Hyden, KY

Jackson Sivills 5-9 7th Grade Calloway County Murray, KY

Eli Ramsey 6-3 Fr. Wilson Central Lebanon, TN

Tyler Stead 6-3 8th Grade Franklin Franklin, IN"
Well, well, well...

Like I said - I don't know a lot about the kid, but Bolus has always done this.

I hope the kid is as good as advertised.

I can remember when Bolus ranked Clint Stepp higher in the state than I would have rated him in the 14th.
Why can't 14th region fans just say congrats to a young man and leave it at that? We fight an up hill battle with the rest of the state, we don't need our own doubting our student athletes as well.Even if he was ranked #5 in the camp that is a nice accomplishment! . Just let the kid and their family enjoy this moment.
Congrats to Colin Smith. Good Luck to him and Leslie County.
Leslie with a couple of kids in all star game. Their future looks bright.
Can Leslie hang on to their young talent?
Anyone have any film of this kid?
Good Kid'
Smith is prob one of the fresh in the state and he is only going to get better with the varsity min he will get this year. When he gets more and more comfortable in the games, Coach Day will have a player who can take over a game.
True
Rick Bolus does not rank the kids fair if you go to his camp you will be ranked just that simple...In no way do I mean this in a negative way to the kids on this post just saying Bolus wants that camp money.
Never seen the kid play, but being from the mountains I'm hoping for the best.
What position does he play?
Agree 100%
Leslie Co's future looks very good!