Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 35 Ashland 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final
Didn't see it being that big. Congrats JC.
Congrats to the Eagles!! No doubt that JC is the real deal! They shouldn't have any trouble as I have said before on here until they get deep into the playoffs. Good game by the Tomcats, but they just aren't as good this year as JC.
Grimm killed them. Had almost 300 yards rushing himself. WOW!
BC75 Wrote:Didn't see it being that big. Congrats JC.

I expected that sort of score from JC, but was surprised that Ashland couldn't get more offense going. I would think that when considering that Ashland has scored many points on teams such as Russell and Belfry, that anyone would have to admit that the JC defense is as real as the JC offense.
Midee1 Wrote:Grimm killed them. Had almost 300 yards rushing himself. WOW!

He always does! But if you try to stop him, then there are other weapons that they have. So then he gets freed up again. JC's offense is awesome!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:I expected that sort of score from JC, but was surprised that Ashland couldn't get more offense going. I would think that when considering that Ashland has scored many points on teams such as Russell and Belfry, that anyone would have to admit that the JC defense is as real as the JC offense.

Exactly!
Johnson Central kicked this one "right down the middle tonight"! Dominated both sides of the ball.

Congrats
No excuses for Ashland. They just aren't as loaded this year. JC should do well in the playoffs.
I actually did end up attending this one and i must say it was a good game for both teams there was some questionable calls but over all i think JC just out played Ashland with Grimm.
Midee1 Wrote:Grimm killed them. Had almost 300 yards rushing himself. WOW!
Exactly, went 50+ yards on 1st play from scrimmage. Set tone for entire game.
Armchair QB Wrote:Exactly, went 50+ yards on 1st play from scrimmage. Set tone for entire game.

Yep and 75 yards the last play of the half I think.
Armchair QB Wrote:Exactly, went 50+ yards on 1st play from scrimmage. Set tone for entire game.

I agree, that did set the tone for the entire game. I wanted to see the kick off so that I could see how the Ashland D opened up. And it didn't. I knew then that it would be hard for the Tomcats to hang in there. They did pull out a few stops in the first half, but couldn't get any offense going at all. You have to give credit to the JC DEFENSE. They played a big role tonight as well.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I agree, that did set the tone for the entire game. I wanted to see the kick off so that I could see how the Ashland D opened up. And it didn't. I knew then that it would be hard for the Tomcats to hang in there. They did pull out a few stops in the first half, but couldn't get any offense going at all. You have to give credit to the JC DEFENSE. They played a big role tonight as well.

I thought Ashland was in the game until the Kid whos name I forget(somebody help me out) made the diving catch on 4th and long.
Yeah, that was huge. Allowed JC to move on and go up 21-0.
Congrats JC I never thought it would come out like this but hey your never perfect !
Armchair QB Wrote:I thought Ashland was in the game until the Kid whos name I forget(somebody help me out) made the diving catch on 4th and long.

CHRIS MEEKS!!! Awesome catch should get catch of the week on sports overtime imo.
mike9345 Wrote:CHRIS MEEKS!!! Awesome catch should get catch of the week on sports overtime imo.

Thanks for help.
Another absolutley Awsome performance against state power Ashland..this should prove to the people who doubted you that you are for real!

I expected a blowout on JC's part
JC played great on both sides of the ball. The atmosphere at that game was about the best it has ever been. JC did have 1 TD called back due to a block in the back penalty which was a good call IMO. Coach Matney and his staff had a great game plan laid out for Ashland tonight. I heard on the radio that Grimm had 288 yards rushing Does anyone have any other stats?
Way to go JC
Im really not surprised here because Johnson Central is for real...Congrats JC, your representing the mountains very well...
it was 14- 0 at the half wasnt it?
Congrats JC
dfblackcat53 Wrote:it was 14- 0 at the half wasnt it?

21-zip
so hows does JC size up against the possible playoff teams??? and all that jazz?
There is going to be a lot of crow buffets in Ashland tonight.Smile I said that Ashland had better bring some other jerseys with them cause they would be awful dirty from being on their backs all night. Did anyone see Mahans and Thomas jerseys, so dirty on the back you could barely read them. Tomcat72, how does all that crow taste?:thumpsup:
Congrats jc
Wow! Expected this one to be closer that it was. But anyways congrats to Central and I agree they are the real deal!
JC played with tons of emotion tonight! They hit and hit and hit Ashland like never before! Ole #45 hit anything that was moving tonight as did the rest of the Golden Eagels D. I never thought the would game would turn out like it did. And for all thoughs JC fans.......After tonight, I guess JC still hasn't played a tough game all yr.

No, Ashland is loaded with talent, they are the best team JCHS has faced all yr.
Pages: 1 2 3