Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Matney back to SC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is Coach Matney returning to Sheldon Clark? A lot of talk about this going on in Inez.
Call me crazy but I just don't see that at all
Now why would he want to do something that Crazy ?????
Would be an awful decision.
Not a chance of that happening.
I personally believe Matney would only take one local high school job if offered and that would be Belfry. Only because he is a Belfry Alumi and he understands the love and pride the fans bestow upon Belfry football.
Matney isn't going to downgrade if or when he leaves JC!! 2 years ago he had a secret meeting with Swift about the Ashland job but too many people associated with our program dislike him and would have died first then to give him the job!!
Seems like silly talk to me. The only thing that lends anything to this rumor is Hager recently being named baseball head man.
He just got rid of Highlands and Cov Cath, why would he leave now?
The only other HC job he lusts for is Paintsville but knows Chirico can out coach him. :truestory:
Call me crazy but coaches with a big ego like challenges, is this something a character like Matney would think and possibly entertain?
TigerBlues Wrote:The only other HC job he lusts for is Paintsville but knows Chirico can out coach him. :truestory:

This is the funniest post in the history of BGR.......

:biglmao: :lmao:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This is the funniest post in the history of BGR.......

Only in your mind, :flame: good luck this year savior. :biglmao:
Well one must remember where Matney coached before JC. He built the SC program from the beginning. This is where his heart is. Central never had a strong as a program as SC before Matney's arrival so why think this would be a downgrade? Keep in mind his wife still teaches in Martin County. He has businesses in Inez. Attracted to the fact they are building a new state of the art high school that has not one football field but two (one for practice). Plus a wrestling wrestling complex. And huge salary raise. Reportedly he is looking at a certain plot to build a new home there. This just got real!
Matney's wife does not teach in Martin County as she got a job teaching I believe at Porter Elementary so I don't know who is starting this talk but they surely have no idea what they are talking about.
I may be wrong in this but didn't he start his coaching under Haywood at Belfry? If this is right I believe the only place he would ever go would be there then. But this a mute point cause coach Haywood is still at Belfry and so I believe Matney is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This is the funniest post in the history of BGR.......

I second that.
People trying to stir up trouble this one needs to be closed down