Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Preseason 1A Eastern All BGP Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your thoughts? Maybe 55 or USMC could start a Western thread.
Will be interesting to see who shows up and who flops when all is said and done.

Offense:
QB Josh Young Raceland
QB Tanner Morgan Hazard

RB Brandon Jones Hazard
RB Fred Massey Wburg
RB Damien Belcher Paintsville

WR Cody Estep Pikeville
WR Isiah Griffith Wburg
WR Conner Messer Raceland
WR Isiah King Fairview

C Lucas Bradley Raceland

Offensively thats all I can come up with. But that is one heck of a lineup for the skill guys. Interested to see who else everyone comes up with.

Defense:
DE Chris Helton Wburg
DT Isaac Wallace Raceland
CB Maverick Dixon Raceland

Dont have enough time at the moment to do it as in detail I'd like, just wanted to start the discussion. Think it would be cools for each class to do an East/West all star game. STATEWIDE not just regional.
Just a little bias toward Williamsburg player.

QB Skyler Giffith ( dual QB ) Williamsburg
QB Really don't know another. Unknown

No#1 RB Fred Massey Williamsburg
No#2 RB Bandon Jones Hazard
No#3 RB Damien Belcher Paintsville
No#4 RB Jefferson Patrick Williamsburg ( this could be the break out year doesn't get enough respect on a passing team )

WR Cory Shelton Williamsburg
WR Cody Estep Pikeville
WR Skyler Griffith ( Williamsburg ) just incase he doesn't play QB

Field Goal kicker Brently Patrick Williamsburg

Offensive Lineman Williamsburg line

Defensive Team Williamsburg killer bees

Coach of the year Coach Herron Williamsburg

I wish I could pick more different player from other teams I just don't know who they are. :popcorn:
QB Alex Roy from Fairview is going to make some serious noise i think . 6' 5" 220lbs 3rd yr starter will only be a JR this season is getting serious D1 attention , & has an extremely strong arm .
Roy has the size for D1 looks. Im hearing good things from the Fairview faithful about him. Gotta be able to show it though. Best of luck to him. Wburg has alot of tallent, thats for sure. I think you will see Patrick take a back seat and be utilized defensively and only used to spell massey. Id say if Massey gets 10-15 touches a game, patric only sees 6-10. If the are smart they will use them BOTH at the H or Y at times as well. Massey's speed off the tight slot will be hard for most LB to cover.
I see where you guys have listed Cody Estep of Pikeville as a standout WR and deservedly so, but he might be a better DB than he is a WR! The kid is just a football player. He contributed to 12 takeaways from his DB position LAST YEAR, returning at least one for a TD, maybe more. I'm not sure. Also, Kash Daniel of Paintsville has to be on the list somehwere. I know there are some QBs that are considered better, but Kash plays a variety of positions and was just invited to UK's Friday Night Lights camp. If UK is looking at him (and he's received mail from Tennessee as well), he's got to be one of the best in Class A somewhere!
Hard to decide where to put Daniels. He's not been healthy enough to know what he is completely capable of. But thats what this thread is for. To see who can lve up to the hype, who flops, and who comes out of no where.
My dimwhitted brain put BGP team when in should have been BGR. Csn a mod take care of that for me?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:My dimwhitted brain put BGP team when in should have been BGR. Csn a mod take care of that for me?

Scotty_Bronson should haveto pay a fine. I have never mispell BGR. Confusednicker:
cant leave Jeff Patrick off LB 400+ tackles in 3 years
I think Patrick will be an even larger defensive force this season. A bit faster and a bit stronger. More so, with the addition of Massey, Jefferson will probably used to spell him, rather than being the feature back. This should keep him fresher on the defensive side of the ball.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Your thoughts? Maybe 55 or USMC could start a Western thread.
Will be interesting to see who shows up and who flops when all is said and done.

Offense:
QB Josh Young Raceland
QB Tanner Morgan Hazard

RB Brandon Jones Hazard
RB Fred Massey Wburg
RB Damien Belcher Paintsville

WR Cody Estep Pikeville
WR Isiah Griffith Wburg
WR Conner Messer Raceland
WR Isiah King Fairview

C Lucas Bradley Raceland

Offensively thats all I can come up with. But that is one heck of a lineup for the skill guys. Interested to see who else everyone comes up with.

Defense:
DE Chris Helton Wburg
DT Isaac Wallace Raceland
CB Maverick Dixon Raceland

Dont have enough time at the moment to do it as in detail I'd like, just wanted to start the discussion. Think it would be cools for each class to do an East/West all star game. STATEWIDE not just regional.

Sorry Scotty, when you put your home team boy who has never started a game at QB over A. Charles of Pikeville I read no further.

2013 stats:
Young, Raceland 4-9 passing for 101 yards, 3 TD; rushing 2 for 15 yards, 1 TD

Charles, Pikeville 82-127 passing for 1589 yards, 21 TD, 3 INT; rushing 83 for 750 yards, 6 TD

So Young accounted for 116 yards and 4 TD, Charles accounted for 2,339 yards and 27 TD.

Confusednicker:

Can a mod please delete this thread.Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Just a little bias toward Williamsburg player.

QB Skyler Giffith ( dual QB ) Williamsburg
QB Really don't know another. Unknown

No#1 RB Fred Massey Williamsburg
No#2 RB Bandon Jones Hazard
No#3 RB Damien Belcher Paintsville
No#4 RB Jefferson Patrick Williamsburg ( this could be the break out year doesn't get enough respect on a passing team )

WR Cory Shelton Williamsburg
WR Cody Estep Pikeville
WR Skyler Griffith ( Williamsburg ) just incase he doesn't play QB

Field Goal kicker Brently Patrick Williamsburg

Offensive Lineman Williamsburg line

Defensive Team Williamsburg killer bees

Coach of the year Coach Herron Williamsburg

I wish I could pick more different player from other teams I just don't know who they are. :popcorn:

I need to update one of my QB Austin Charles he could be the leading passer in 1A in the east. :worthy:
I agree with jet pilot. how can you put a kid from raceland who has never started a game as a player to watch. give me a break ram lover. alex roy from Fairview is the one in that district to keep your eye on.:welcome:
scrappy coco Wrote:I agree with jet pilot. how can you put a kid from raceland who has never started a game as a player to watch. give me a break ram lover. alex roy from Fairview is the one in that district to keep your eye on.:welcome:

Not as a player to watch. As Preseason 1A Eastern All BGR Team.:yikes:
scrappy coco Wrote:I agree with jet pilot. how can you put a kid from raceland who has never started a game as a player to watch. give me a break ram lover. alex roy from Fairview is the one in that district to keep your eye on.:welcome:

Just remember i put QB Skyler Giffith down as a dual QB and he only threw one pass lastyear and it was incomplete. QB Austin Charles is the real deal. :rockon:
Scotty Bronson, don't pick a fight with Jetpilot or you will end up with me in Feds Creek.
jetpilot Wrote:Not as a player to watch. As Preseason 1A Eastern All BGR Team.:yikes:

If you'd take of your panther head and read yo would have notice the statement that I WASNT ABLE TO GO ABOUT THINGS AS WELL AS I WANTED, i agree, Austin Charles should be the preseason no 1 QB in the east. True, Young is unproven, but mark my words, he will be in the race for the 1A leading passer by seasons end, atleast in the east. Roy is another unknown. I wasnt impressed when I saw him throw the ball in past seasons. But alot can change when put into the right system. Our district has alot of QB/WR tallent, maybe more than we ever have. The east in general has more QB/WR combos than i csn recall in past years. I think the east squads will score in bunches this year. Its goina come down to who can play defense and special teams.
jetpilot Wrote:Sorry Scotty, when you put your home team boy who has never started a game at QB over A. Charles of Pikeville I read no further.

2013 stats:
Young, Raceland 4-9 passing for 101 yards, 3 TD; rushing 2 for 15 yards, 1 TD

Charles, Pikeville 82-127 passing for 1589 yards, 21 TD, 3 INT; rushing 83 for 750 yards, 6 TD

So Young accounted for 116 yards and 4 TD, Charles accounted for 2,339 yards and 27 TD.

Confusednicker:

Can a mod please delete this thread.Confusednicker:

What about defense? Is Josh Young's shutting down Cody Estep enough to make him a top CB?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:What about defense? Is Josh Young's shutting down Cody Estep enough to make him a top CB?

No, that was mostly wind and rain and mud. Pray you guys make it to Pikeville this year. Even if you are right, which you aren't, it doesn't make him 1st team QB. :Shaking:
TigerBlues Wrote:Scotty Bronson, don't pick a fight with Jetpilot or you will end up with me in Feds Creek.

TB, if you are in fact in Feds Creek you have already climbed to CEO. And you would never hire Scotty after seeing this thread.:dontthink
64SUR Wrote:Scotty_Bronson should haveto pay a fine. I have never mispell BGR. Confusednicker:

you have never what? Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Just remember i put QB Skyler Giffith down as a dual QB and he only threw one pass lastyear and it was incomplete. QB Austin Charles is the real deal. :rockon:

switch teams again? :biglmao:
jetpilot Wrote:No, that was mostly wind and rain and mud. Pray you guys make it to Pikeville this year. Even if you are right, which you aren't, it doesn't make him 1st team QB. :Shaking:

Please don't use wind, rain, and mud as an excuse, both teams had to play in the same conditions and the better team that night won.
I admit that Josh Young should not be "first team" Preseason QB because he has never started a game. This is an OPINION based on what Bronson has seen. He has seen Young much more than Charles and likes Young's potential. Not a big deal it's just an OPINION, everybody has one. We will see as the season pans out.
pjdoug Wrote:switch teams again? :biglmao:

Who switch....I pull for 3 teams..Williamsburg, Leslie County,and Corbin and all of Eastern Kentucky team as long as they don't play my big 3 :why:
Figured the wind, rain, and mud was the excuse. Didnt stop Pikeville from attempting to throw him the ball. Both teams played on the same field that night, didnt they? Im just bustin chops and trading punches here jet. All in good fun.
jetpilot Wrote:No, that was mostly wind and rain and mud. Pray you guys make it to Pikeville this year. Even if you are right, which you aren't, it doesn't make him 1st team QB. :Shaking:

Already said u were right on Charles deserving the no 1 spot.
Jarons Wrote:Please don't use wind, rain, and mud as an excuse, both teams had to play in the same conditions and the better team that night won.
I admit that Josh Young should not be "first team" Preseason QB because he has never started a game. This is an OPINION based on what Bronson has seen. He has seen Young much more than Charles and likes Young's potential. Not a big deal it's just an OPINION, everybody has one. We will see as the season pans out.

You don't make 1st team anything on potential.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Figured the wind, rain, and mud was the excuse. Didnt stop Pikeville from attempting to throw him the ball. Both teams played on the same field that night, didnt they? Im just bustin chops and trading punches here jet. All in good fun.

Scotty just fold the tent on this one, I understand it's a homer deal but if your excuse goes to defense instead of the number one QB you lost the game.
No excuse taking me to defense. I admited to forgetting about Charles. He deserves to be the number one on the list. TB and jet need marriage counseling lol. I shall never fold, having fun on here. If someone cant keep in mind, that all I am trying to do is keep talk about the east and mountain teams on the up and up. This is all nothing more thN opinions and thoughts. U wont see me get upset if u disagree with me. U wont see me start arguing. I'll BS with thenest of them. Talk friendly trash, w/e. but im not on this site to pad my ego or cause problems guys. Im just having fun talking football.
Heck Williamsburg has a problem at QB who do you start.

Patterson last year backup QB for Williamsburg or
Skyler Griffith ( Dual QB ) If he plays receiver this year could break state record. Or
Fred Massey ( Dual QB ) or could be a 1700 to 1800 yard rusher.( not kidding maybe more )

Glad I'm not the coach. Confusederiously:
Pages: 1 2