Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 7-14-14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure you guys have heard about Sting tweeting out a picture of his face paint and Monday's date.

What happens?

Nothing?
RAW appearance?
DVD announcement?
WWE 2k15 announcement (aka the worst kept secret ever)?
I'm sure SK will push a post out here saying that the dirt sheets are saying it's going to happen, but he's done that for the last five years.

It will happen at some, but.....

[Image: sting-wwe2k15.jpg]
I really don't know what they would have to gain by bringing him back...

other than getting some eyes on him before a DVD release and whatever else they could slap a price tag on.

A lot has been made of a Taker/Sting match at mania... but after watching Taker's last match I couldn't tell you that taker has a meaningful match left in the tank.
Stardust Wrote:I'm sure SK will push a post out here saying that the dirt sheets are saying it's going to happen, but he's done that for the last five years.

It will happen at some, but.....

[Image: sting-wwe2k15.jpg]

Their saying it's more than likely for a video game.
^
[Image: 10502194_10152390773538355_4044592666334345828_n.png]
How long until they blow something else up?
WWE is selling Sting merchandise. Could this mean that their's more to it than just an agreement on the video game?

http://shop.wwe.com/Sting/sting,default,sc.html
ah boys...
Mark it down....

The Undertaker vs. Sting at WrestleMania XXXI
^ I hope not.

Sting has a little more left in the tank than Taker does...
but after watching Taker's last match at Mania, I don't think he has it in him for one more big match.
Taker beats Sting at WM 31..... 22-1. That let's The Undertaker go out winning a match that the world has waited ages for.

Sting beats the WWE World Heavyweight Champ at SummerSlam. Giving Sting the Triple Crown (NWA, WCW and WWE) title wins.

I would love to see Sting back in his surfer gimmick before he retires. Sting deserves to go out on top in the gimmick people love. The whole black and white gimmick is way past it's prime. The blonde hair with colorful and bright face paint with matching pants... that is what I remember about Sting.
When people think Sting...
they think about the guy in the Black and White coming down from the rafters.

I don't think that's even in question.
I liked Sting when he had the blonde hair and the multi-colored paint as well.
But Sting was the golden child of WCW and the man on top of the Monday Night Wars when he was in the Black and White and the last hope for WCW against the NWO.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned or whatever... but I think that wrestlers should lose clean on the way out and put someone else over while they do it.

I just think if Taker beats Sting at Wrestlemania 31 then you waste Sting's return and you waste the streak getting snapped.

If they could get Lesnar to come back, take the title from Cena and feud with Reigns until Mania - they've gotten their next big babyface a chance to go over.
If Sting came back (not holding my breath) - I would rather have him feud with Bray Wyatt and put him over.
Then you've got it set up so that Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns can square off - and I think that's where WWE needs to get.
^ I'd say your generation thinks of the Black & White Sting. The generation before you hated the Black & White Sting. No, I remember the multi-colored face paint and the short jacket with pointed shoulders. I think of the Red White & Blue attired & Flag painted face paint of the Sting who defeated Ric Flair on Fourth of July for his first world title! I remember the Sting who battled and fought Lex Luger ever other week! The Sting that sat in the rafters for 12 months was a waste of talent and pushed all of the old "Little Stingers" away when he came back after that year of exile to match up in the shittiest "Super Match" of all time! No, those of us in our 40's never liked the Black & White Sting!
Stardust Wrote:^ I'd say your generation thinks of the Black & White Sting. The generation before you hated the Black & White Sting. No, I remember the multi-colored face paint and the short jacket with pointed shoulders. I think of the Red White & Blue attired & Flag painted face paint of the Sting who defeated Ric Flair on Fourth of July for his first world title! I remember the Sting who battled and fought Lex Luger ever other week! The Sting that sat in the rafters for 12 months was a waste of talent and pushed all of the old "Little Stingers" away when he came back after that year of exile to match up in the shittiest "Super Match" of all time! No, those of us in our 40's never liked the Black & White Sting!

Maybe I'm crazy...
but I watched both gimmicks and I really just think that he wasn't as big of a phenom until after the NWO when he went to the White/Black.

I can agree with you on the supermatch - I thought it was terrible.
Especially the ending...

He was the main man in WCW for stints in both gimmicks and I think he was over more in the White/Black.