Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can JBS win the 14th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With the big man Collins and, of course, Clark Stepp can JBS make a run at the 14th region title? I haven't been reading many of the high school threads, but is Tate Cox still there?
SEKYscout Wrote:With the big man Collins and, of course, Clark Stepp can JBS make a run at the 14th region title? I haven't been reading many of the high school threads, but is Tate Cox still there?
Yes, he is
Can they make a run? Yes. Will they win it? Who knows.
i dont think they will//
They have just a good of shot as anybody to win it!!!
I think they have a good shot but we can't forget Perry Central and Powell, both good teams and rising.
NO Way!!!
I think JBS has a slight edge, but Hazard, Perry, and Lee are nipping at their heels.
everyone in the region has a chance to win it. to early to tell right now though.
cardsfan Wrote:NO Way!!!

No way? Wow, that's pretty bold. Apparently you haven't watched the same JBS team that I have.
I'll say it no way!!!!!! and, I have seen them play.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I'll say it no way!!!!!! and, I have seen them play.

This is just a ridiculous statement. Smile I am no JBS fan by any stretch of the imagination, if I had to pick I'd want Perry County Central to walk away with it, but I'm not going to sit here and be naive enough to say something like "There is no way they have a chance." Especially after making a great run last year, losing nobody, and coming in 2nd in the State AAU tourney.
If JBS plays team ball and one man doesn't try to do it all, they can win. They beat every body in the 15th [that they played ]last year. I guess it won't be long now untill we will see just how good all these teams are.
They are one of the odds on favorites to win the 14th. I am also no JBS fan but I would personally like to see them win it. They are an excellent team and if they have good team chemistry it will take them as far as they want to go.
And of course that would be down state at Rupp
From what I saw this summer, JBS will be the team to beat. They have the complete package. Inside and out !!!!
What happen to them last year in the All A 14th region Tourny. They lost Owsley,a team theat won what 4 games last year. They do not have everyone back they lost one senior starter and a backup guard.
Benchwarmer Wrote:What happen to them last year in the All A 14th region Tourny. They lost Owsley,a team theat won what 4 games last year. They do not have everyone back they lost one senior starter and a backup guard.
Last Year They beat Louisville Doss[yes with all Doss players there] .and several other big schools, that slip my mind right now. .The senior they lost av. 2 points a game. The loss to Owsley was by 1 point on Owsley's floor. Now go figure. They came in 2nd in the KY high School AAU and their 8th grader made the all tournament team. second 8th grader to ever do that. They have a little 6' 8 "sophmore back this year who broke his leg at the beginning last year. He will make a difference. They will miss Jon, [back up guard] but I think he will be back. I don't know what they will do this year or what any body else will do, but I will give them credit for what they did last year. They played Hazard in the semi finals of the region last year 2 overtimes . Hazard only won by the skin of their teeth and they have lost Olinger and Osteen.
Yea, give them credit. They started JBS on academics in the 80's, where has that gone. Down the drawn. You have one kid a JR.who will be twenty years old the same year he graduates high school. A fresh. that's in the same boat sixteen years old this year. I can not and will not give them credit for anything. How many of their players have come from other school districts? The majority of them. The big guy, what has he done, nothing. We all know that a certain 19 year old jr. will take just about every shot and thats a fact. That will be their down fall. I don't watch much boy's high school basketball anymore. It use to be the one with the best team wins. Not any more. It's the team that can get and pick the best players. As far as them winning against Doss so what. Is Doss a power in this state, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Doss was 13 and 14 last year. As far as that 8th grader making the all tournament team congrats. How old is he?
As far as the issue of "redshirting" goes, JBS is definitely not the only school in the 14th region, nor the mountains for that matter, to hold kids back. Most of the football schools have holdbacks, and many of these kids also play basketball. For instance, I believe that most of Breathitt County's basketball starting 5 are redshirts.
I don't have a problem with redshirting. Most boys are not mature enough when they graduate anyway, and an extra year of school is not all that bad for them.
I myself "redshirted" in 7th grade and it was the best decison of my life...so get off JBS back.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Yea, give them credit. They started JBS on academics in the 80's, where has that gone. Down the drawn. You have one kid a JR.who will be twenty years old the same year he graduates high school. A fresh. that's in the same boat sixteen years old this year. I can not and will not give them credit for anything. How many of their players have come from other school districts? The majority of them. The big guy, what has he done, nothing. We all know that a certain 19 year old jr. will take just about every shot and thats a fact. That will be their down fall. I don't watch much boy's high school basketball anymore. It use to be the one with the best team wins. Not any more. It's the team that can get and pick the best players. As far as them winning against Doss so what. Is Doss a power in this state, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Doss was 13 and 14 last year. As far as that 8th grader making the all tournament team congrats. How old is he?
YOUR NAME says something for you.BENCHWARMER! All JBS team is eligible to play all 4 years of high school. [Must be the right age] They all have good grades, most have a 4.0. All the players are from Knott Co. except for Collins and he has been going to JBS sence first grade. I don't know what they feed him, but he is an XXXL. Maybe that is against the rules. You should look that up. He broke his leg last season, so how do you know how he plays. [Whats a drawn?] Lots of teams would like to have a 6'8" player. Hard to shoot over 'em.
Who said anything about them not being eligible? A coupe of them were held back two years for something, grades or sports. I guess it's win at all cost at JBS. Yea all the players are from Knott county schools. Now how many of them came from Hindman, Carr Creek, Beaver, Jones Fork, Emmalena, Caney, and BC elementary schools? Why do you keep talking about rules? Does JBS have something to hide? Time will tell. If he broke his leg last year, how do you know what he can do? And, by the way maybe I go to JBS. The academics at JBS is a joke, I know.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Who said anything about them not being eligible? A coupe of them were held back two years for something, grades or sports. I guess it's win at all cost at JBS. Yea all the players are from Knott county schools. Now how many of them came from Hindman, Carr Creek, Beaver, Jones Fork, Emmalena, Caney, and BC elementary schools? Why do you keep talking about rules? Does JBS have something to hide? Time will tell. If he broke his leg last year, how do you know what he can do? And, by the way maybe I go to JBS. The academics at JBS is a joke, I know.
Where in the heck do you think Hindman,Carr Creek, Beaver, Jones Fork, Emmalena, Caney and BC are? Knott Co. maybe? It's either KCC or JBS for high school in Knott Co. I'd say you don't go to JBS or you would be smarter. I watched Collins in open gym, and he is doing good. He played AAU this summer and did real good . Can't tell he ever broke a bone. You kept talking about the 20 yr old seniors[ now thats too old !] [RULE#1] JBS don't have a thing to hide unless you go to school there.
I don't think so
JBS is not part of the Knott county school district, so the above grade schools are not feeder schools to JBS.
Benchwarmer Wrote:JBS is not part of the Knott county school district, so the above grade schools are not feeder schools to JBS.
They still have a choice to go there if they want too. And JBS is in Knott Co. Get over it.
If you go to high school in Knott Co. you have 2 choices. KCC public high school and JBS private school. Its everybodies right to do what they please. So back off.
JBS will win the 14th region. WIth the 6'8" Collins and Tate Cox and Stepp. They should be the odds favorite in everyones opinion. Collins is back to almost 100% healthy if he isnt already. Tate is one of the best players in the region. They showed how good they are in AAU if you would have payed attention to them any this summer.
Calm down Free throw, you don't have to cry and get mad. Nobody has answerd my question. Why do they hold kids back two years at JBS? Is it for sports or is it academic reasons. Holding a kid back two years, what are their parents thinking, their child can't compete with kids their own age? Yea a child has a right to pick were they want to go to school. But, some times they get a little push on their choice.
Pages: 1 2 3