Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pre Season thoughts for the mountains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the 2014 high school football season approaches list your top five teams and top five coaches in the mountains

My picks for top five teams
1. Belfry
2. Johnson Central
3. Bell County
4. Williamsburg
5. Harlan County

My picks for coaches in the mountains
1. Phillip Haywood (Belfry)
2. Tom Larkey (Harlan County)
3. Mike Holcomb (Letcher County Central)
4. Jerry Herron (Williamsburg)
5. Jim Matney (Johnson Central)
I think adding a top 5 Players to this list would be good too.
I think 64 should have the top coaches spot. After all he is in charge of every school I've in the east.
1. Belfry
2.Corbin
3.Johnson Central
4.Williamsburg ( that if Massey play )
5. Harlan County

Coaches

Haywood and Haddix my top 2 :Cheerlead
Teams:
1. Belfry
2. Johnson Central
3. Bell Co.
4. Harlan Co.
5. Corbin

Coaches:
1. Haywood
2. Holcomb
3. Larkey
4. Mills
5. Herron
1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Corbin
4. Johnson Central
5. Williamsburg

1. Haywood
2. Holcomb
3. Larkey
4. Matney
5. Herron (spelling?)
Pulaski County is not considered in this? I think some other mountain teams not yet listed could surprise some people this year.
pjdoug Wrote:Pulaski County is not considered in this? I think some other mountain teams not yet listed could surprise some people this year.

I guess Pulaski is I really don't consider them but WYMT does so I guess so. Who are the surprises?
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I guess Pulaski is I really don't consider them but WYMT does so I guess so. Who are the surprises?

I don't consider Pulaski to be a mountain team either since it has no mountains. I guess we'll have to wait for the season to start before we see the surprisesSmile. I just think there could be several teams that are much improved this season. even Southwestern if you consider them a mountain team.
pjdoug Wrote:I don't consider Pulaski to be a mountain team either since it has no mountains. I guess we'll have to wait for the season to start before we see the surprisesSmile. I just think there could be several teams that are much improved this season. even Southwestern if you consider them a mountain team.

I don't consider them either.
No pikeville? Seriously? What do they have to do to be at least considered somewhat good in the mountains?
O i guess to be considered a good program now you have to go to state once and get crushed by Mayfield (hence Fairview/Williamsburg)
I would take hazard an pikeville over pike central and williamsburg any day of the week. But i guess there not flavor of the week so o well right
Mastadon89 Wrote:No pikeville? Seriously? What do they have to do to be at least considered somewhat good in the mountains?
O i guess to be considered a good program now you have to go to state once and get crushed by Mayfield (hence Fairview/Williamsburg)
I would take hazard an pikeville over pike central and williamsburg any day of the week. But i guess there not flavor of the week so o well right

But really how do you really feel?
Mastadon89 Wrote:No pikeville? Seriously? What do they have to do to be at least considered somewhat good in the mountains?

Pikeville is a good team, but why would you pick them over the bigger and better teams? or Williamsburg? they didn't make it past Raceland or Williamsburg to get crushed by Mayfield.
So is this just like the "preseason mountain top 10" thread, but only with 5 teams? Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So is this just like the "preseason mountain top 10" thread, but only with 5 teams? Confusednicker:

:biglmao: