Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coaches posting on message boards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you were a HS AD or administrator would you allow your coaches to post on message boards?
I wouldnt think that I would, atleast during the season. Imo, a coach has more important things to do from July-December. As long as they do not disclose team information, politics, or create an issue, I wouldt have a problem with it in the offseason. I would however, be a bit leary of a coach that is caught up in these sites, would seem a bit odd for me. I know as a JFL coach, I wouldnt get on here and want to talk about our team, I think thats a bit unprofessional. I guess it boils down to what is posted by the individual. I know alot of coaches/former coaches have gotten on these forumsbefore just to defend their choices or players, some have gotten way out of hand with things like that in the past. I guess im kind of on the fense.
I can't see any coach having enough time to post on here. Especially during the season. Those guys have way too much going on and not enough time or pay to do it.
This site and others are full of coaches guys. Full of them.

Let's not kid ourselves. While HS football coaches are cut from a different tooth (in many ways and have to be for this profession), they are still human.

Personally, I have no problem with it. I see these being no different than having facebook, twitter, email and any other forms of social media. If coaches get on here to gain information, defend their program, a kid, etc from the jack slaps who get on here and THINK they know what's going on (or not going on) in the program...then, they have every right to come on here.

If people think that sites like this get in the way of production, then you might want to go look at footballscoop.com and coachhuey.com, bc those are football message boards/social media sites that are 100% fueled by coaches.
Bring on the coaches they are :welcome: from 64SUR :biglmao:
How do you enforce an anonymous site? And if it wasn't ever heard of the first amendment? Most coaches are volunteer and not paid so they aren't / can't be held to employment policy. Is negative to your school a good thing, no. Promoting your team and players should be the ultimate goal but frustration can get the best of everyone. What's your motivation with the question?
Coaches are here and posting every day. It's no big deal.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:This site and others are full of coaches guys. Full of them.

Let's not kid ourselves. While HS football coaches are cut from a different tooth (in many ways and have to be for this profession), they are still human.

Personally, I have no problem with it. I see these being no different than having facebook, twitter, email and any other forms of social media. If coaches get on here to gain information, defend their program, a kid, etc from the jack slaps who get on here and THINK they know what's going on (or not going on) in the program...then, they have every right to come on here.

If people think that sites like this get in the way of production, then you might want to go look at footballscoop.com and coachhuey.com, bc those are football message boards/social media sites that are 100% fueled by coaches.

This is exactly right.
I know a lot of coaches and they do post on BGR and I don't blame them.....And the most important ones who are reading these posts are the referee.....:ref1:
I don't see anything wrong with it.
I just hope none of them teaching English or writing or they would be wearing out a red marker!!!!
I see nothing wrong with it. Talking with some of our coaches(old) middlesboro and Bell Co coaches are on here more than anyone.. I know our old coach had one and several asst. At Bell did.
I think you all would be surprised how many actually do....
Coaches need to check site like this to monitor the message of the program or add to the motivation factor for the team.
nky Wrote:Coaches need to check site like this to monitor the message of the program or add to the motivation factor for the team.

a large number of the posts on here are from coaches Smile
I think it would be pretty healthy to know what is on the minds of my critics, as well as fans….if I were a coach.

:biggrin:

Might provide some good insight a coach wouldn't have otherwise thought of either. Good, bad, or ugly, communication always enables us to learn more. The more the better.

Coaches are the most resilient, tough skinned folks I know. The idiots who attempt to critique and breakdown don't put a dent in their armor. And if so, they may want seek another means to spend their time!
Spirit100 Wrote:I think it would be pretty healthy to know what is on the minds of my critics, as well as fans….if I were a coach.

:biggrin:

Might provide some good insight a coach wouldn't have otherwise thought of either. Good, bad, or ugly, communication always enables us to learn more. The more the better.

Coaches are the most resilient, tough skinned folks I know. The idiots who attempt to critique and breakdown don't put a dent in their armor. And if so, they may want seek another means to spend their time!

Spot on. I just wish more people on BGR would understand this. If a coach can't take a little criticism then he is in the wrong line of work.
You have people who can't wait to jump on you if you question anything a coach does. They act like you just called the man or woman a dirty name or something. The last time I checked, a head coach in the state of Kentucky get's paid for what they do and I can't name you a paying job in this country where your not going to get the work that you do critiqued. It is just the same as when we get upset with the kid that got our order wrong at the drive thru. That is that kid's job but we always think we could do it better and we wonder how hard could it be. A head coach of a team "especially football" should know that when he or she takes this job that they are in the spotlight. I would also add that not all people who critque a coach or make an honest assessment of a coaching decision is an idiot.
:Thumbs:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
Norman Vincent Peale

This is one of my favorite quotes and one I try to live by.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:How do you enforce an anonymous site? And if it wasn't ever heard of the first amendment? Most coaches are volunteer and not paid so they aren't / can't be held to employment policy. Is negative to your school a good thing, no. Promoting your team and players should be the ultimate goal but frustration can get the best of everyone. What's your motivation with the question?

First ammendment secures the right that the government can't restrict your free speech rights. Volunteer or paid, a school can certainly tell coaches what they can and can't say, so long as they desire to be coaches.
Can anyone else think of an employer that would allow their employees to have open discussions, dislosures, debates, etc. about the organization in an open forum such as a message board?
Not even debateable. These coaches voluteer their time. You want to start paying them 40k pluse a year to coach high school football. Then you can start telling them to keep their mouths shut. Until then, this is a rediculous question.
nky Wrote:Coaches are here and posting every day. It's no big deal.

No, I don't know of ANY coach that would be on here posting

Confusedhh:
Stardust Wrote:No, I don't know of ANY coach that would be on here posting

Confusedhh:

:trolldad::eyeroll:
1. I think coaches need to be smart when posting things in public form

2. What the difference between BGR and the list serves? I mean come on, we have all seen the emails on the list serve, right coaches, lol.
Again sweet cake, what's your motivation for the question? In what forum did your feelings get hurt or do you have an axe to grind with a specific poster whom you might think is a coach?
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Again sweet cake, what's your motivation for the question? In what forum did your feelings get hurt or do you have an axe to grind with a specific poster whom you might think is a coach?

My question was aimed at no specifically. With that said there are no shortage of coaches who I think represent their school rather poorly in what they post on message boards, including at least one from the school I support.
Sweet Cake Wrote:My question was aimed at no specifically. With that said there are no shortage of coaches who I think represent their school rather poorly in what they post on message boards, including at least one from the school I support.

Who do you support?Smile
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Again sweet cake, what's your motivation for the question? In what forum did your feelings get hurt or do you have an axe to grind with a specific poster whom you might think is a coach?

all coaches raise your handsConfusednicker:
Im with you shake, sounds like someone has a hurt butthole.
What would 64 do if coaches couldn't post ?
Pages: 1 2