Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Escalating violence in Iraq
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering what some of your predictions for U.S. involvement in the Middle East will be in light of the heightened violence of late. I am worried to death that my son, currently stationed in North Carolina, will be deployed to the desert. I notice that the troops being sent now are being called advisors, just as they were in the early 1960's in Viet Nam and we all know how that little debacle went. My son is fully prepared to do his duty but Im just not sure I understand what our presense is going to accomplish for American interests. Dont get me wrong....I am very proud of my son but I just dont want to see him, and our other personnel, put in harm's way without a valid reason. Im interested to hear your opinions!!
Quickkickonthird Wrote:Just wondering what some of your predictions for U.S. involvement in the Middle East will be in light of the heightened violence of late. I am worried to death that my son, currently stationed in North Carolina, will be deployed to the desert. I notice that the troops being sent now are being called advisors, just as they were in the early 1960's in Viet Nam and we all know how that little debacle went. My son is fully prepared to do his duty but Im just not sure I understand what our presense is going to accomplish for American interests. Dont get me wrong....I am very proud of my son but I just dont want to see him, and our other personnel, put in harm's way without a valid reason. Im interested to hear your opinions!!

Many Christian scholars have assumed for years that the beast with 10 heads spoken of in "The Revelation", is a representation of the 10 member state European Common Market. Of late though, it seems as if there may be another equally viable possibility. That being the possibility of a newly reformed Caliphate.

Eerily enough, Osama bin Laden's vision of the Caliphate included 10 member nations coming together to make one state. So, what will our involvement be? At the onset of the Obama administration, our future dealings in the Middle East might have been defined within a reasonable framework, based on conditions as they existed at that time. Now, with the advent of a US complete withdrawal from the region, our role is anything but definable. One thing is certain however, for the US to have any role on the ground, would require invasion. We spent a fortune to control the region in a humane and positive fashion. We were there, and the necessary infrastructure was there to support our troops for as long as we chose. No force on this earth could have dislodged us. So, we victors obligingly decide to just walk away. Recent foreign policy required commanders to abandon enough bases, equipment and ordinance to start an army and, if you ask me, the Humvees, tanks, and armored vehicles ISIS used to rip off the incredibly large chunk of real estate they control, are compliments of the US taxpayer.

At any rate, our role in the Middle East from a prophetic perspective is muddled at best. I do believe mankind is poised to converge in the epic wartime conflict on the Plains of Megiddo, as foretold in the prophetic text. Whatever America's involvement might be, I believe America's destiny is tied to the actions of the true Church in the coming days. 2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)
14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

With the Lord, one can expect two things. His blessing or, His judgment. A nation that insists on the wholesale slaughter of the unborn innocents for the sake of convenience, and the legalization of sexual depravity, need not expect the option of blessing to be forthcoming.
President Obama should state that we're going to focus on our own domestic oil supply. That we will be 100 percent oil independent before his term is over. That way those fools in the middle east can kill each other and not effect us.
nky Wrote:President Obama should state that we're going to focus on our own domestic oil supply. That we will be 100 percent oil independent before his term is over. That way those fools in the middle east can kill each other and not effect us.

That would do more to bring the US out of her financial doldrums than any thing else yet suggested. The only obstacle standing in our way is ideology. Just as the peoples of the Arab World are enslaved by their belief system, liberals, of which our President is one, are enslaved in like manner.

The strait of Hormuz could be dammed up and there would still be no Keystone XL Pipeline while a liberal sits the captain's chair. And, the drilling moratorium on government held lands will continue to stand. From where I sit, Americans might as well be consulting taro cards and witch doctors, with which global warming has a lot in common, and about as much basis in fact. And after all, this so-called war on fossil fuels is based on the unreasonable fear that man is destroying the planet through the release of emissions. Which, as you have pointed out, when compared pound to pound to water vapor, doesn't even amount to a blip on the greenhouse gas radar.