Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since Coach Allen has resigned, whose up for the position? Is it already hired?
Odds are they willl hire assistant Quinton Morgan or Hurley, Va. coach Tester. Personally, I can't see many people being interested in the job.
I heard Eddie Abshire is the leading candidate.
You heard wrong You and your buddies got what you wanted so lets see what you get in return. Dont use my name on this forum. If you have a problem with me tell it to my face
East Ridge will hold a press conference to name a new coach tomorrow (Tuesday, July 22nd).
Its a joke of a hire! those crownies got their wish and the hard work the schools put in is about to go down the drain.
So is C. Skeens at East Ridge, Paintsville or Pikeville?
He's not at East Ridge from what I hear.
jetpilot Wrote:So is C. Skeens at East Ridge, Paintsville or Pikeville?

We are driving around Grapevine talking football Jetpilot. He is ready to be at Paintsville
TigerBlues Wrote:We are driving around Grapevine talking football Jetpilot. He is ready to be at Paintsville

You better take the long way and go thru Williamson to Inez to Paintsville because if you go through Pikeville he will probably open the door and jump out.TongueirateSho
Of course if you go through Williamson and stop for gas when you get back to the car from paying Belfry will have him signed.
The adults are still playing their games. He is not practicing but is in ER weight room working out everyday
jetpilot Wrote:You better take the long way and go thru Williamson to Inez to Paintsville because if you go through Pikeville he will probably open the door and jump out.TongueirateSho
Of course if you go through Williamson and stop for gas when you get back to the car from paying Belfry will have him signed.

That's hilarious !
fedscreekviking Wrote:The adults are still playing their games. He is not practicing but is in ER weight room working out everyday

Viking, what's the deal with that situation? Do you see him ending up at ER ? Getting late with no practice time.
So whose getting the position? Someone said Fields transferred to Valley?
Does ER have enough to field a team and compete this year?
No I did not see him but several of the players live very close to me and that is the story they tell me. Yes ER has good numbers out in comparison to other years and will be a pretty good team
Big Don Wrote:Does ER have enough to field a team and compete this year?

36 on the roster.
He would stay at ER if they picked who his dad wants as coach but if not he will leave.
sportscritic Wrote:So whose getting the position? Someone said Fields transferred to Valley?

Press conference tomorrow at the school to announce the new coach.
They still have 10/12 Seniors who are 3 year starters and with the teams they must play they will be OK
Brain fart more like 8/10 seniors with extensive time
Names I know that good returning Seniors Chaney, Young, Mann ,Epling, Hylton, , Smith, Dotson. There are more but I don't know their names.
Mann is a Junior
And. Hylton is already at Valley at their practices

The new coach from what I have been told is that he coached at ER before as an assistant and the coached at Elkhorn back in the day. He is old school, I also heard that he is an intern head coach and that as soon as ER can hire the coach they are hoping for then this coach will step back. Also heard that Allen is at Blackberry and will be coaching the Belfry Jr. High team. (This could be a rumor, not sure if true.)
pikevilleout Wrote:Mann is a Junior
And. Hylton is already at Valley at their practices

The new coach from what I have been told is that he coached at ER before as an assistant and the coached at Elkhorn back in the day. He is old school, I also heard that he is an intern head coach and that as soon as ER can hire the coach they are hoping for then this coach will step back. Also heard that Allen is at Blackberry and will be coaching the Belfry Jr. High team. (This could be a rumor, not sure if true.)

Belfry has a Middle School coach who has won back to back State Titles. Don't think Allen will be coaching that team unless something drastic changed.
LOL, like I was saying could be a rumor...
I just heard it from someone and couldn't confirm it, if I wanted to.
I do wonder if he is on the staff though.
pikevilleout Wrote:LOL, like I was saying could be a rumor...
I just heard it from someone and couldn't confirm it, if I wanted to.
I do wonder if he is on the staff though.

Actually... looking in the Middle School Forum

Ballmom25 Wrote:Belfry has a new coach as Elbert Thacker stepped away due to job obligations their new coach is well known to the boys and staff his name is Danny Oliver should do a great job!

Maybe there is smoke to it after all... that was from about two weeks ago
Coach Allen will be at Blackberry but he is going to be coaching O-line at Belfry High School. I'm sure he will make a positive impact to the team and their run for another title.
And btw, I think Skeens is at Pikeville. I seen his dad standing at the fence at one of their practices the other day and I'm pretty sure I seen his son on the field practicing with them. I couldn't tell 100% because of the helmets though, but it looked like him body wise.
jetpilot Wrote:You better take the long way and go thru Williamson to Inez to Paintsville because if you go through Pikeville he will probably open the door and jump out.TongueirateSho

Pikeville does lock up those other County kids.

They'll drive 25 miles on US23 each way to Pikeville...but it a crime against humanity when they go 5 miles from Williamson to Belfry. Have to love Pikeville fans... Wink
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pikeville does lock up those other County kids.

They'll drive 25 miles on US23 each way to Pikeville...but it a crime against humanity when they go 5 miles from Williamson to Belfry. Have to love Pikeville fans... Wink

You continue to conveniently forget academics. It's amazing what parents will do to get their kid a better education. I don't believe in kids transferring for sports reasons, and neither does the KHSAA.
Pages: 1 2