Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark - 77 Scott County 74
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Cardinals knocked off Scott County 77 - 74 at the KBA. SC was down six late but Dylan James scored the last nine points including the game winning three pointer. May be summer but still a big win for the Cards.:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Great win, great team work, and all of the guys have contributed in every game other games we have won are Dunbar, East Jessiman, Hazard, and the Scott County we play LCA at 11:10 tomorrow
very nice win i believe they have beat some other very good teams down there. parsley and james are as good as any combo in the mts.
Dylan James is playing better than anyone at the KBA this week.
James has shot the ball great all weekend and in clutch and Parsley knows how to get him the ball, and he is also a great scorer but also Dalton & Sturgill has picked up the scoring they missed last year
We talk about how well the kids has played but no one ever mentions what a good job our coaches have done so keep it up coach Smith & coach James
Sheldon Clark will be the preseason favorite to win the 15th region this year, other than Johnson Central, there shouldn't be another team to play with them. May be the weakest region in the state this year.
Parsley is clearly the best pg in the 15th and prob 2nd best in the mountains behind Beverly. He can score and now with some more weapons other than James is really passing it well. Sc should be preseason #2 in the 15th. Lc and valley has nice teams as well plus pikeville. I believe lC will miss there old coach.
Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central both beat multiple 11th region teams at the KBA this weekend. SC beat Dunbar and Scott County. JC beat Dunbar and Bryan Station and possibly Madison Central but I'm not sure about that one.
Hilltopper Wrote:Sheldon Clark will be the preseason favorite to win the 15th region this year, other than Johnson Central, there shouldn't be another team to play with them. May be the weakest region in the state this year.

My preseason favorite would have to be the 3 time defending 15th Region Champs Johnson Central. After, that I would have to take Lawrence County they return all starters and beat Sheldon Clark all 3 times last year. :eyeroll:
^^ I'd have to agree with you. But I think losing cook will hurt more than you might think he is a very good coach that gets his guys to play hard and does a good job with adjustments during the game that helps his team.
Hilltopper Wrote:Sheldon Clark will be the preseason favorite to win the 15th region this year, other than Johnson Central, there shouldn't be another team to play with them. May be the weakest region in the state this year.

You are obviously forgetting about Betsy Layne, Shelby Valley, and Lawrence County. Neither one of these teams are going to be slacks this season.
Can't say I agree that they will be the favorite. They will obviously be very good again next year with Coach Smith on the sidelines and Parsley and James leading the way. I saw them in the beginning of the summer and I thought that there was some friction between Smith and Parsley. However, this past weekend, they played great basketball with some good teams. They beat a heavily favored Scott Co. team and beat a really good Dunbar team as well. However, JC beat them twice this summer and beat that same Dunbar team by about 25. Can't overlook them just because Hall is gone. LC made the finals of the Transy Camp and was beat I think by the same LCA team that beat SC at the KBA. The team no one is talking about is Paintsville. This will be a really tough team to play if they are healthy and they all play. Add Miller, and K. Daniels back to the mix as well as Belcher, this team could be scary!