Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dorton's Trip to the State Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am researching the Dorton High Schools boys team's trip to the State Basketball Tournament. I'm thinking it was in the late 1940's. I'd love any information that anyone could provide. If anyone has a State Tournament Program from that year I'd love to make a copy of it or at least see it. I suspect that there are programs for the 15th Region Tournament and maybe the District Tournament as well. Please post with any information you might have and any names that might be of assistance to the research.
Dortonwildcats could probably give you some info on it
Gene Tackett was a scoring machine for the Wildcats in his prime.
PGL Wrote:Dortonwildcats could probably give you some info on it

I have a picture of that team. It was 1942.
could you possibly scan the picture and send it to me?
[email]kycats1953@yahoo.com[/email]
Thanks so much in advance if you can do this. Thanks if you can't.
Do you have any other info on the team, members, coach, anyone still in Dorton or Pike County that would have info.
Who was the Tackett that played for Dorton in the early 70s, a very good jumper?
This article says that Dorton went to state in 1942 but lost in the 1st round. http://shelbyvalleyhistoricalsociety.com...igh_school
There was a Norman Tackett that played for Virgie in the early 70s. Played for what seemed like 20 years. Just say'n
I think it was Norman Tackett