Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tampa Bay 14 - Cincinnati 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What has happened to Cincy? Is Cincy back to the old days, by saying that I mean are they going to start losing again, or was today a fluke?

I dont think they are throwing to Chad Johnson enough, but thats my opinion, I am sure Fritz will info us in whats going on?
The personal foul call on Justin Smith was a joke and took the game away from Cincinnati! Palmer was off today and Tampa Bay played great run defence. I guess a few excuses, but the call on Smith was terrible!
football05 Wrote:What has happened to Cincy? Is Cincy back to the old days, by saying that I mean are they going to start losing again, or was today a fluke?

I dont think they are throwing to Chad Johnson enough, but thats my opinion, I am sure Fritz will info us in whats going on?

BelfryJustice Wrote:The personal foul call on Justin Smith was a joke and took the game away from Cincinnati! Palmer was off today and Tampa Bay played great run defence. I guess a few excuses, but the call on Smith was terrible!

The personal foul on Justin Smith was a complete joke. Teams have been focusing on Chad, which is allowing things to open up for other players, but even so, Chad had 6 catches for 99 yards. Rudi couldn't do a whole hell of a lot, and that hurt. Mistake on defensive play calling: I think they should have loaded up the box with 7 or 8, maybe doubled Galloway, and force a rookie quarterback to make plays to beat you.

I'm too tired to think right now, but I'll have more when I get a lil rest and when I'm less angry......

Oh yeah, but Palmer did stand in, make throws, make reads, and stand tall in the pocket. They still loss, but good call about Palmer, alfus and co. (have you been right about him yet??)
BFritz Wrote:Oh yeah, but Palmer did stand in, make throws, make reads, and stand tall in the pocket. They still loss, but good call about Palmer, alfus and co. (have you been right about him yet??)

Scoreboard is all I care about today bub. The Bungals are back, and in old fashioned form. Losing to a winless team. :letsparty
Fritz, don't quit your day job. I don't think picking games is your strong point in life. At least you were close on this one. Smile

BFritz Wrote:I doubt they'll get much pressure, if any, from Tampa Bay's defense. They don't have a solid pass rushing defense, and the Bengals have a solid, middle of the pack line.

Bengals- 42
Bucs- 10

SEKYscout Wrote:Cincy in a route.

Bengals - 45
Bucs - 14

warrior20 Wrote:Yea i think the Bengals will win this one big.
Cin-49
TB-14
Oh well, win some, lose some Alfus
Unbelievable. Cant believe that the Bengals would be the Bucs first win of the season. And the first win of Bruce Gradkowskis career. Not been a good weekend for me on the football side of things.
SEKYscout Wrote:Oh well, win some, lose some Alfus

I was more or less wanting to point out Fritz, but people should have known the Bengals couldn't blow out Tampa Bay. They're just not that good right now.
instead of Who Dey? its Where Dey at this year lol
alfus21 Wrote:Scoreboard is all I care about today bub. The Bungals are back, and in old fashioned form. Losing to a winless team. :letsparty

How do you figure the Bungals are back? By the way, you were concerned with Palmer's numbers and how they weren't great when they won, but, when they lose, you only care about the scoreboard, even though Palmer looked good, that's convenient. Bottom line: If they win, you find ways to downplay it, and if they lose, you say they're suddenly the worst team in the NFL and make it out like they lost to a high school team.

Even good teams lose, it happens. Tampa Bay's really not that bad: They only lost the Saints game by 3 and that was cause Bush returned a punt all the way with 4 minutes left in the fourth, and they only lost to Carolina on a 46-yard field goal with 7 seconds left in the game. They only lost to Atlanta by 11. Baltimore blew them out on opening day, which is the only game that they didn't play close, and Baltimore's very good.

I'll admit, I was caught off guard, and assumed they'd win, but losing doesn't mean that they're not good.
BFritz Wrote:How do you figure the Bungals are back? By the way, you were concerned with Palmer's numbers and how they weren't great when they won, but, when they lose, you only care about the scoreboard, even though Palmer looked good, that's convenient. Bottom line: If they win, you find ways to downplay it, and if they lose, you say they're suddenly the worst team in the NFL and make it out like they lost to a high school team.

Even good teams lose, it happens. Tampa Bay's really not that bad: They only lost the Saints game by 3 and that was cause Bush returned a punt all the way with 4 minutes left in the fourth, and they only lost to Carolina on a 46-yard field goal with 7 seconds left in the game. They only lost to Atlanta by 11. Baltimore blew them out on opening day, which is the only game that they didn't play close, and Baltimore's very good.

I'll admit, I was caught off guard, and assumed they'd win, but losing doesn't mean that they're not good.

Agree 100% BFritz
What has happend ! The Bengals lost to a team with a Rookie QB that played for Toledo !
blackcat_student Wrote:What has happend ! The Bengals lost to a team with a Rookie QB that played for Toledo !

Tampa played solid today, and the Bengals had some mistakes and some things that just didn't go their way. Baltimore's got the same number of losses, and they have their bye week next week, so after the Bengals handle the Panthers at home, it will be a tie for the tops in the division.
BFritz Wrote:How do you figure the Bungals are back? By the way, you were concerned with Palmer's numbers and how they weren't great when they won, but, when they lose, you only care about the scoreboard, even though Palmer looked good, that's convenient. Bottom line: If they win, you find ways to downplay it, and if they lose, you say they're suddenly the worst team in the NFL and make it out like they lost to a high school team.

They're back Fritz. Nobody is talking them up anymore. They can't score in big situations and they can't stop the run.

I love how you said the Bungals would blow Tampa Bay out, but now you're saying Tampa isn't that bad. Why did you predict a blowout if they weren't that bad?
BFritz Wrote:so after the Bengals handle the Panthers at home, it will be a tie for the tops in the division.

Smile Smile I'll be remembering this one.
alfus21 Wrote:They're back Fritz. Nobody is talking them up anymore. They can't score in big situations and they can't stop the run.

I love how you said the Bungals would blow Tampa Bay out, but now you're saying Tampa isn't that bad. Why did you predict a blowout if they weren't that bad?

I underestimated them, plus look at the facts I stated about how they played with those other teams, you're avoiding admitting that they're not as bad as the record shows.

Halftime of the Sunday Night game, they just said they didn't agree with the roughing the passer call at the end of the game.
BFritz Wrote:I underestimated them, plus look at the facts I stated about how they played with those other teams, you're avoiding admitting that they're not as bad as the record shows.

Halftime of the Sunday Night game, they just said they didn't agree with the roughing the passer call at the end of the game.

Buddy, go to the prediction thread. I never said they were as bad as the record shows. I said it would be a good game unlike everybody else and it was. So you're 100% wrong there.

I never disagreed with the call Fritz, it was bad, but the Bungals should have put it away before that, to where a call wouldn't have made the game.

It also wouldn't have hurt them to play some defense at the end of the game.
I know someone else who WAS WAY OFF ON PREDICTIONS this week BFRITZ, so don't worry about itSmile! But I do hate the Bengals, lol! Sorry!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I know someone else who WAS WAY OFF ON PREDICTIONS this week BFRITZ, so don't worry about itSmile! But I do hate the Bengals, lol! Sorry!

:redboxer: :moon:
alfus21 Wrote:I was more or less wanting to point out Fritz, but people should have known the Bengals couldn't blow out Tampa Bay. They're just not that good right now.

Yeah, you're probably right....I guess my prediction was more-less wishful thinking. I do think they'll be able to correct their mistakes and pull out the next one against the Panthers....but much more closely.
SEKYscout Wrote:Yeah, you're probably right....I guess my prediction was more-less wishful thinking. I do think they'll be able to correct their mistakes and pull out the next one against the Panthers....but much more closely.

I guess I agree with you, but, even so, I still legitimately thought they'd pull out a win for sure
Wow. Ummmm I really don't have anything to say about this game. Stupid loss is all I know. The personal foul call at the end was terrible. They have made it to where you have to 2 hand touch the QB now. I don't know what he did that was so wrong, but apparently grabbing the QB and tackling him is illegal. Oh well, I was wrong about them losing this one. Hopefully they will get em next week.
football05 Wrote:instead of Who Dey? its Where Dey at this year lol

:thumpsup: Big Grin
BFritz Wrote:The personal foul on Justin Smith was a complete joke. Teams have been focusing on Chad, which is allowing things to open up for other players, but even so, Chad had 6 catches for 99 yards. Rudi couldn't do a whole hell of a lot, and that hurt. Mistake on defensive play calling: I think they should have loaded up the box with 7 or 8, maybe doubled Galloway, and force a rookie quarterback to make plays to beat you.

I'm too tired to think right now, but I'll have more when I get a lil rest and when I'm less angry......

Oh yeah, but Palmer did stand in, make throws, make reads, and stand tall in the pocket. They still loss, but good call about Palmer, alfus and co. (have you been right about him yet??)
That is a good answer Fritz.First off its the NFL and anyone can beat anyone.This lets Pittsburgh right back into the race and the Steelers looked great.:flame:
I would have to agree. The call on Justin Smith was rediculous. The NFL needs to put flags on the Qb's if they dont want anyone to hit them!
Tonight, Arizona only had one win, they beat a team who had one less loss to than the Bengals prior to this weekend, does that make the Bears horrible now too??? And, the Bears had one more win, so that means that the Bengals and Bears both had the same win-loss differential to the teams they lost to. So, I guess that does make the Bears horrible.
BFritz Wrote:Tonight, Arizona only had one win, they beat a team who had one less loss to than the Bengals prior to this weekend, does that make the Bears horrible now too??? And, the Bears had one more win, so that means that the Bengals and Bears both had the same win-loss differential to the teams they lost to. So, I guess that does make the Bears horrible.

Wow, I thought this was over, now I feel pretty stupid. What happened? I quit watching
BFritz Wrote:Tonight, Arizona only had one win, they beat a team who had one less loss to than the Bengals prior to this weekend, does that make the Bears horrible now too??? And, the Bears had one more win, so that means that the Bengals and Bears both had the same win-loss differential to the teams they lost to. So, I guess that does make the Bears horrible.

Smile Smile :dontthink
BFritz Wrote:Wow, I thought this was over, now I feel pretty stupid. What happened? I quit watching

They came back and won, like good teams do, despite having 6 turnovers.
alfus21 Wrote:They came back and won, like good teams do, despite having 6 turnovers.

Despite the few mistakes at the end, they got outplayed by a bad team. Take away that penalty which wasn't a penalty on Cinci, and they win. It's still the same thing
Pages: 1 2