Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 2A teams going into week 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 Western
2 Mercer
3 Russell
4 Middlesboro
5 Sheldon Clark
6 Belfry
7 Breathitt
8 Caldwell co.
9 Larue co.
10 Pburg
Middlesboro isn't better than SC or Belfry, and I don't think that Mercer or Western are either. Those 2 haven't been tested all season. Have they played ANY of the teams on that list?
Western beat Breathitt 35-14 and Larue 33-18. I agree Mercer hasn't had a true test at all. Middlesboro will have a big test Friday at Breathitt, They scored 62 on a Corbin team that played Bell 17-14. We could make a case for PBurg as well by them beating SC. Middlesboro, Sheldon Clark, Belfry all 3 are solid and pretty much equal IMO.Caldwell is 7-1 and Larue is 6-2 with their only losses comming to undefeatd Bardstown and undefeated Western. I think the win over Belfry would classify Sheldon Clark as a top 5 2A team as of right now.
Sarrr Wrote:Middlesboro isn't better than SC or Belfry, and I don't think that Mercer or Western are either. Those 2 haven't been tested all season. Have they played ANY of the teams on that list?

Western went to Breathitt and beat them in their own Bowl game.(top 10)
Western then went to Larue and was up 33-0 at the start of the 4th qtr at Larues homcoming game.(Top 10)

Belfry has lost twice. Two games they maybe should have won but didnt.
1)Mercer Co
2)Western
3)Russel
4)LaRue Co
5)Fort Campbell
6)Belfry
7)Trigg Co
8)Caldwell Co
9)Owensboro Catholic
10)Middlesboro

others. Sheldon Clark, Breathitt Co, Corbin, De Sales, Newport, Elizabethtown, Prestonsburg
blackcat_student Wrote:1)Mercer Co
2)Western
3)Russel
4)LaRue Co
5)Fort Campbell
6)Belfry
7)Trigg Co
8)Caldwell Co
9)Owensboro Catholic
10)Middlesboro

others. Sheldon Clark, Breathitt Co, Corbin, De Sales, Newport, Elizabethtown, Prestonsburg

Wow........thats all i can say.......wow....
2)Western
3)Russel
4)LaRue Co
5)Fort Campbell
6)Belfry
7)Trigg Co
8)Caldwell Co
9)Owensboro Catholic
10)Middlesboro

Pretty good list IMO, but the field weakens alot once you get outside Mercer and Western.
I bet that if every high school in KY could team up with another high school from there county, then we would have some pretty decent competition for Mercer County. i.e. Pikeville playing with Belfry= State champs
Bell County with Middlesboro=State champs
Prestonsburg with South Folyd= well nevermind but the 1st two I make a pretty good case for
1. Mercer (By default)
2. Western
3. Russell
4. Middlesboro
5.Larue Co.
6. Fort Campbell
7. Owensboro Catholic
8. Trigg Co.
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Sheldon Clark
10.5 Belfry
Benchwarmer Wrote:1. Mercer (By default)
2. Western
3. Russell
4. Middlesboro
5.Larue Co.
6. Fort Campbell
7. Owensboro Catholic
8. Trigg Co.
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Sheldon Clark
10.5 Belfry
FIRST OFF
You don't even have Caldwell listed and They beat Fort C. and Trigg.
No way in hell Larue is above a Belfry,Breathitt or Sheldon Clark.
No way Sheldon Clark is not a top 5 team in 2A with the win over Belfry.
Owensboro Cath is 4-4, There not a top 10 team.
I'm sorry I didn't make my top ten they way you wanted it.
2)Western
3)Russel
4)LaRue Co
5)Fort Campbell
6)Belfry
7)Trigg Co
8)Caldwell Co
9)Owensboro Catholic
10)Middlesboro

We usually think alike but NOT THIS TIME(LOL)
Fort C.. and Trigg lost to Caldwell. Owensboro Cath is 4-4? Middlesboro no. 10 ?
Sheldon Clark not even in the top 10 after a win over Belfry?
1 Mercer
2 Western
3 Middlesboro
4 Sheldon Clark
5 Belfry
6 Russell
7 Breathitt
8 Larue County
9 Caldwell County
10 Corbin
Benchwarmer Wrote:I'm sorry I didn't make my top ten they way you wanted it.
All in fun Benchwarmer, We usually agree on most, Gotta have a lil' drama sometimes(lol) Not a bad list at all.
Tomcat68 Wrote:1 Mercer
2 Western
3 Middlesboro
4 Sheldon Clark
5 Belfry
6 Russell
7 Breathitt
8 Larue County
9 Caldwell County
10 Corbin
Good List! I understand why you got Corbin, Prob. have played the toughest sched. in AA.
Back at you Getum-Choppin. My comment was a joke, I guess I need to use LOL sometimes. I wasn't thinking about Caldwell County and the only reason I had Sheldon Clark number 10 was because of the lose to P-Burg. i guess I had a brain fart with Owensboro Catholic.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:We usually think alike but NOT THIS TIME(LOL)
Fort C.. and Trigg lost to Caldwell. Owensboro Cath is 4-4? Middlesboro no. 10 ?
Sheldon Clark not even in the top 10 after a win over Belfry?

Great Minds think Alike ! I didnt do my homework on the Western teams like Trigg, Campbell, and Caldwell, so I looked at Dave Cantrell's 2A Power Rankings on them !
corndog23 Wrote:Wow........thats all i can say.......wow....

Hey man, The only reason I didnt have SC in the Top 10 was cause they lost to Prestonsburg !
blackcat_student Wrote:Hey man, The only reason I didnt have SC in the Top 10 was cause they lost to Prestonsburg !
So why is Belfry in there, they lost to SC on FRIDAY.....the Pburg game for SC was about a month ago, and it is BY FAR the worst game they have played this season....and they still only lost by 3 inches....
blackcat_student Wrote:Great Minds think Alike ! I didnt do my homework on the Western teams like Trigg, Campbell, and Caldwell, so I looked at Dave Cantrell's 2A Power Rankings on them !
That explains it! LOL
Caldwell might be the surpriser from up there in 2A. Way it looks Larue will have to play Western again in the 2nd round, This time at Western. Mercer and Western will meet for the regional, Do you know where it would be played?
1.Mercer
2.Western
3.Shedlon Clark
4.Belfry
5.Middlesboro
6.Russell
7.Larue
8.Caldwell
9.Fort Campbell
10.Corbin
Getum-Choppin Wrote:That explains it! LOL
Caldwell might be the surpriser from up there in 2A. Way it looks Larue will have to play Western again in the 2nd round, This time at Western. Mercer and Western will meet for the regional, Do you know where it would be played?

Western would have to travel to Mercer County. This is an even year which means the even district or higher district hosts.

Western is district 3
Mercer County is district 5

Mercer County would host the regional final.
Sarrr Wrote:Middlesboro isn't better than SC or Belfry, and I don't think that Mercer or Western are either. Those 2 haven't been tested all season. Have they played ANY of the teams on that list?

IMO Middlesboro is better than Belfry and SC..I don't think neither team can cover thier recievers..
1 Merger Co
2 Russell
3 Western
4 Belfry
5 Breathitt
6 Sheldon Clark
7 Middlesboro
8 Caldwell Co
9 Corbin
10 Larue Co
corndog23 Wrote:So why is Belfry in there, they lost to SC on FRIDAY.....the Pburg game for SC was about a month ago, and it is BY FAR the worst game they have played this season....and they still only lost by 3 inches....

If SC lost to Pburg by 3 inches, then Belfry lost to SC by 1/4 of an inch, lol That was Belfry's worst played game of the year as well, I hope we do have a rematch in a few weeks, and I am willing to bet whatver you would like that the outcome will be different. If you would like the bet than let me know. Confusedhh: . I have congratulated the Cards, they did well, but to say they will beat Belfry again..well, I bet you take a poll and alot of people will think the rematch will be different. Belfry probably didnt expect SC to play with them, they might have been a little cocky, but let me tell you they will know what to expect next time and things will be different when SC comes to our house to play! I think this loss will serve to help the Pirates more than it will hurt them.
Belfry_99 Wrote:If SC lost to Pburg by 3 inches, then Belfry lost to SC by 1/4 of an inch, lol That was Belfry's worst played game of the year as well, I hope we do have a rematch in a few weeks, and I am willing to bet whatver you would like that the outcome will be different. If you would like the bet than let me know. Confusedhh: . I have congratulated the Cards, they did well, but to say they will beat Belfry again..well, I bet you take a poll and alot of people will think the rematch will be different. Belfry probably didnt expect SC to play with them, they might have been a little cocky, but let me tell you they will know what to expect next time and things will be different when SC comes to our house to play! I think this loss will serve to help the Pirates more than it will hurt them.

How was that Belfry's worst game?
that wasnt a bad game for belfy but oimce they got up they quit and it let my cards come back and take the win. remember the score 35-29