Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bishop Brossart -Is football experiment over?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well a lot has happened the last few days at Bishop Brossart.http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/h.../10257371/
Lee Teegarden announced on Monday that he is resigning as Bishop Brossart's football coach after one season.

AD and principal were let go last week (both have already been replaced).
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/h.../10179643/
They plan on playing an independent schedule for 2014.

Is this the end of the football experiment in Alexandria?
:closed::pondering:
Wow, I live in Alexandria and never knew any of this! I'm a CCHS guy, but have been supportive of the Stangs getting Football going (Should be using the CCMS field). This is a shame and hopefully gets straightened out before the school year. I see those kids in the weight-room every day when I pass by, and this is a complete disgrace to those young men!
It's not surprising. Having coached there for three years football was just an experiment with limited support.Who else would schedule a homecoming dance on a Friday night and the homecoming game Saturday night? It's a shame because there is potential maybe the new administration can resurrect the sport since both the ad and principal are football guys.
They're having a meeting right now with any Brossart boy interested in playing football. The administration wants to keep football going, but if there's not enough interest, they may have to fold the program.
What a mess.Somethings don't change. On Wednesday they hired a new coach. Someone from the local youth league(don't get me started on that), less than 24 hours later he resigned.So they went with their long time middle school coach. This isn't the first time a coach resigned within a day on them.:igiveup:
By the way Congratulations Coach Paul Wiggins.
Wow nothing seems to change even with a new administrative team. Good luck Coach Wiggins. I hope you can get a staff together and maintain you're sanity.
Congrats to Paul Wiggins who I know will do the best he can with what he's got. I know he truly cares about his players and his players have nothing but respect for him. I just hope he can find a staff that reflects him and that Brossart can supply the resources he needs to make it work.
Paul is a quality person. He will put everything he has into making this season meaningful for the Mustangs. Hopefully he can bridge the gap between this season and next.