Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky's Jason Hatcher and Louisville's James Quick cited for Marijuana possession
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/spo.../10182259/

wow.
Quick could be caught with intent to distribute, im not sure on how many ounces you can have or anything, but the report said he had some type of grinder and a scale?!??!
Hatcher has to be on thin ice since hes already been on trouble.
This happened at Quicks dorm room on the UofL campus.

Makes you wonder what kind of stuff is going on at Trinity.

I don't know what to think.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:http://www.courier-journal.com/story/spo.../10182259/

wow.
Quick could be caught with intent to distribute, im not sure on how many ounces you can have or anything, but the report said he had some type of grinder and a scale?!??!
Hatcher has to be on thin ice since hes already been on trouble.
This happened at Quicks dorm room on the UofL campus.

Makes you wonder what kind of stuff is going on at Trinity.

I don't know what to think.

Kids smoking marijuana in college? Color me shocked.

39.5 grams and a scale looks suspicious though.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Kids smoking marijuana in college? Color me shocked.

Honest question.
If this is so common, as almost every message board ive seen has post like yours, then how do these guys pass the drug test?
Personally, I think one failed test and your gone. No exceptions. I think these two trouble makers should be gone as well.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Honest question.
If this is so common, as almost every message board ive seen has post like yours, then how do these guys pass the drug test?
Personally, I think one failed test and your gone. No exceptions. I think these two trouble makers should be gone as well.

Not sure how they do it. I think some of the NCAA tests only test for steroids and PED's. I don't think one test should be automatic out, but in Hatcher's case it seems like he just doesn't get it.

More accepted by society, but still against NCAA rules. Gotta use some common sense.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Not sure how they do it. I think some of the NCAA tests only test for steroids and PED's. I don't think one test should be automatic out, but in Hatcher's case it seems like he just doesn't get it.

More accepted by society, but still against NCAA rules. Gotta use some common sense.

I agree with that. It seems Hatcher is on the path to being nothing but trouble.

As for the drug testing, I'm not really sure if it is effective enough. While it may become more socially acceptable to smoke pot, its still drugs. If it we socially acceptable to smoke meth, would it be okay if they were cooking that?
I know theres obviously a difference, but drugs are drugs.

I wonder if the schools are responsible for drug testing and not the NCAA. If so, that could be the reason.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wonder if the schools are responsible for drug testing and not the NCAA. If so, that could be the reason.

The only time the NCAA is fully responsible for drug test are at championship events. The school is responsible to report the results of any drug test recommended by the NCAA.

And an athlete can easily fail the drug screen if they're not careful. They screen for all chemicals related to the banned substance list. Some sport drinks like VitaminWater have a chemical in it linked to cocaine. Most of the time, the athlete just used drugs.

Kentucky is fairly lax when it comes to disciplining athletes for failed drug test, mainly due to the high volume of vitamins taken by the athletes. Louisville is the same, but takes a harder stance on alcohol
toussaints Wrote:The only time the NCAA is fully responsible for drug test are at championship events. The school is responsible to report the results of any drug test recommended by the NCAA.

And an athlete can easily fail the drug screen if they're not careful. They screen for all chemicals related to the banned substance list. Some sport drinks like VitaminWater have a chemical in it linked to cocaine. Most of the time, the athlete just used drugs.

Kentucky is fairly lax when it comes to disciplining athletes for failed drug test, mainly due to the high volume of vitamins taken by the athletes. Louisville is the same, but takes a harder stance on alcohol

I see. I know some things as minor as cold medicines can have amphetamines in them that can easily trigger a false positive for stuff like cocaine, but you bring up a good point that I wasn't sure on.
Its funny that the NCAA more or less leaves the overall drug testing control up to the schools.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I see. I know some things as minor as cold medicines can have amphetamines in them that can easily trigger a false positive for stuff like cocaine, but you bring up a good point that I wasn't sure on.
Its funny that the NCAA more or less leaves the overall drug testing control up to the schools.

The Miami Hurricanes of the late 1980s and early 1990s loved that policy.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Kids smoking marijuana in college with full rides paid for by the universities? That's a bunch of horse crap.

Made an adjustment for you Onion Head. Division I athletes on full rides who receive kees $$$ should be held to a higher standard than regular college students. Talk about not giving a poop.

Hatcher is up the creek at UK. UofL will slap Quick on the wrist. As for Trinity, what the heck gives. Some recruiting standard they abide by. Cheech and Chong couldn't smoke 39.5 grams in a week. Confusednicker:
Spirit100 Wrote:As for Trinity, what the heck gives. Some recruiting standard they abide by.

They got to find a way to pay for those football players um no I meant scholarships for the football players, no wait I meant scholarships for the gifted students