Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton vs. St. Xavier for the State Title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A 6A school from NKY is playing a 6A private school from Louisville.

Whoopie Doo......
Pulp Fiction Wrote:A 6A school from NKY is playing a 6A private school from Louisville.

Whoopie Doo......

Need more cheese with the subtle undertones of your whine? Get over JC losing and don't take away from the efforts/success of others regardless of 1A-6A, public-private.

You're better than that Pulp…

Go Simon Kenton…this team was at .500 back in April and have done nothing but gain momentum, build team chemistry and win when they had to at the right times. These kids are peaking and I wish them well this evening.

Bring home the title to NKY. Haven't had one since 2002!!!
Believing in the Pioneers… :Thumbs:
Spirit100 Wrote:Need more cheese with the subtle undertones of your whine? Get over JC losing and don't take away from the efforts/success of others regardless of 1A-6A, public-private.

Go Simon Kenton…this team was at .500 back in April and have done nothing but gain momentum, build team chemistry and win when they had to at the right times. These kids are peaking and I wish them well this evening.

Trust me Sprint, all the JC faithful doesn't feel that way. We were beaten by the better team that day. They (St X) caught some breaks in the top of the 3rd which lead to their victory. Comments like that are a lot of the reasons why we do get a bad name. I spoke with several fans from X after the game and they were very complimentary of our program and I feel that we earned the respect of the state with a solid showing in Lexington. Now for the game, I would like to wish both teams the best of luck. It's an honor to make it and have the right to compete for the title. SK was barely over .500 at the end of the season and would be a great story. However, I will be rooting for X. Not because I like them better, but as a competitor if you lose you tip your hat and wish the victor good luck. Congratulations to both.
Spirit100 Wrote:Need more cheese with the subtle undertones of your whine? Get over JC losing and don't take away from the efforts/success of others regardless of 1A-6A, public-private.

Elliot Stabler Wrote:Trust me Sprint, all the JC faithful doesn't feel that way. We were beaten by the better team that day. They (St X) caught some breaks in the top of the 3rd which lead to their victory. Comments like that are a lot of the reasons why we do get a bad name. I spoke with several fans from X after the game and they were very complimentary of our program and I feel that we earned the respect of the state with a solid showing in Lexington. Now for the game, I would like to wish both teams the best of luck. It's an honor to make it and have the right to compete for the title. SK was barely over .500 at the end of the season and would be a great story. However, I will be rooting for X. Not because I like them better, but as a competitor if you lose you tip your hat and wish the victor good luck. Congratulations to both.

First off... I wasn't talking for any JC fans when I said that. And NO, I'm not butt hurt about both JC teams getting beat over the past few days.
I'm not saying nothing that everybody knows is true.

Two of the biggest schools in the state from two of the biggest cities are playing for a state title.... we see this every year in one sport or another. Where's the excitement at?

Give me two teams that have never made it before.... Or give me a David vs. Goliath storyline. But not two 6A schools from NKY and Louisville playing for a state title.
David vs. Goliah was accomplished with JC beating (6A) #1 Tates Creek and competing with (6A) #3 St.X to a point to where we had a legit chance to win that game too. We know full well we blew it against a very good St. X team.

With the talent and the strong bloodlines up and down the TC roster that made that win even sweeter.

Here's hoping that the KHSAA doesn't screw the baseball tournament up by changing anything with it.

Ask any JC player and they will tell you the same thing..They fully believed they could have been state champs this year, and take full responsibility for not getting the job done.