Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Debbie Green named new Harlan County coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Welcome back home to Harlan County Debbie. This has just made Harlan County a serious regional title contender with Blair being added to this team. This incoming freshman class might be one of the best in the state. LOADED with talent.
May be what HC needs to bring home the hardware.
Wow! Blair is the real deal. I saw her play as an eighth grader. She is a special player. I think she will actually be better than the Morris girl from Bell County. Great hire HC. I am surprised they actually got this done. I had heard rumors, but didn't think it would actually happen. All I can say is the rest of us better look out for this team. Great coach and a special, special player.
Hired as interim. She agreed to coach summer ball. It's a good idea for both, get a feeling how see likes them and they like her.
bear claw Wrote:Welcome back home to Harlan County Debbie. This has just made Harlan County a serious regional title contender with Blair being added to this team. This incoming freshman class might be one of the best in the state. LOADED with talent.

Is this official? The Middlesboro players did not know anything about it.
Wow, this will really be a huge plus to HC's athletic program!!!
I think everyone needs to slow down just a little bit, I understand that this would be a good hire for HC but lets not get too carried away with expectations and set the bar so high that it will be difficult for Debbie to be considered successful. There is a solid class of freshman coming in but to say the best in the state might be getting carried away? Also, one of the 2 returning kids that will be a top ten player in the 13th region (Massengill) has transferred to Harlan City (Noe being the other top player) This is a huge blow to the potential of the HC team considering that she would be the kid that would run the team from the guard position. I dont even know what HC will have at the guard position but it will be extremely hard to replace a talented veteran player like Massengill in the backcourt. HC will have some talent but it does take several pieces to win a regional title. They will be fun to watch I do believe, Bella Noe is dynamite and the Green girl must be really talented....
I think Noe was more likely to play point guard, even before anyone left. She played there quite a bit last year.

I agree it's way too early to get carried away. The way the roster is set now, two freshmen will start and two other freshmen and an eighth grader will be in the top 10.
How come I've never heard of Debbie Green?
Debbie Hoskins was an all-state forward at Harlan in 1987. She signed with UK and ended up playing at LMU where she was an all-conference player (maybe even All-American). She was an assistant at LMU, then moved to Middlesboro.
I didn't know Massengill transferred to Harlan City...
That's a huge blow for HC
I never said the best class in the state, I said it MIGHT be one of the best. I don't think that is too far fetched. But I do agree that Harlan County has a lot of work to do to be the top dog. Massengill will be back.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I think everyone needs to slow down just a little bit, I understand that this would be a good hire for HC but lets not get too carried away with expectations and set the bar so high that it will be difficult for Debbie to be considered successful. There is a solid class of freshman coming in but to say the best in the state might be getting carried away? Also, one of the 2 returning kids that will be a top ten player in the 13th region (Massengill) has transferred to Harlan City (Noe being the other top player) This is a huge blow to the potential of the HC team considering that she would be the kid that would run the team from the guard position. I dont even know what HC will have at the guard position but it will be extremely hard to replace a talented veteran player like Massengill in the backcourt. HC will have some talent but it does take several pieces to win a regional title. They will be fun to watch I do believe, Bella Noe is dynamite and the Green girl must be really talented....

I wasn't predicating my statement on anything, other than Debbie Green and her coaching ability. IMO, she will be a very positive addition to the HC coaching staff no matter who else is coaching or who is playing.

bear claw Wrote:I never said the best class in the state, I said it MIGHT be one of the best. I don't think that is too far fetched. But I do agree that Harlan County has a lot of work to do to be the top dog. Massengill will be back.

What makes you think that bear claw?? I wonder if this was solely her decision or if she was recruited.
Granny Bear Wrote:What makes you think that bear claw?? I wonder if this was solely her decision or if she was recruited.

Confusednicker: As many times as she has transferred she may well be the most recruited player in 13th region history...lol
Granny, I know for a fact that her and one other was approached by Harlan Ind. when all this started. They tried to take advantage of all the negative publicity that the girls program was getting whether Coach Nolan was innocent or guilty. I must say a smart move by the Dragons. BUT, HC has righted the ship and now we can move on.
Bear Paw, I hate to say it but you are spot on. But, I must say Brooke is a GREAT kid and I hope she comes back home to the Black Bear Family.
Has Coach Green ever won anything?
According to the HDE, she won a few district titles and a couple All A regions.
Good luck. I hope they more success than they have had the last few seasons at the Boro.
bear claw Wrote:Welcome back home to Harlan County Debbie. This has just made Harlan County a serious regional title contender with Blair being added to this team. This incoming freshman class might be one of the best in the state. LOADED with talent.

I've seen Green play several times. Very nice player.
She will make an immediate impact on any team she plays for.
Very bright future for that young lady. As far as freshman
Classes go Mercer County fans will put theirs up against
Anyone in the state.
Good luck, Great hire!
We hope this year is a special one!
How has their Summer gone?
Very unorganized when I watched.. Her husband is a better coach
If you saw the Whitley scrimmage, I agree, but that was the first game, a day or so after taking over as coach.
They played a lot better as the summer progressed.
HC got a class act in Debbie . She is as competitive as anyone that I have been around. Good luck greens!!
Mercy county does have one of the best freshman classes in the state. Very talented and athletic. All redshirted a year????
Has she become the official head coach or still interim I ain't seen or read anything on the computer
kentuckybasketballfa Wrote:Mercy county does have one of the best freshman classes in the state. Very talented and athletic. All redshirted a year????

Who is Mercy County?
Pages: 1 2