Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Billy Donovan won't guarantee that he'll be back at Florida next season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The news isn’t all football down at the SEC Meetings in Destin. With several NBA teams courting him, Florida head coach Billy Donovan said yesterday that while he’s committed to the Gators, he can’t guarantee he’ll be back in Gainesville next season:

“I think when you start making guarantees about life and start making guarantees about where you’re going to be, that’s not good because if for some reason I ever change my mind and did something, I wouldn’t want (people) saying, ‘Well, he promised, he guaranteed, he said this on record,’” Donovan said. “I just think when you start doing that, that’s a mistake.”

Last week, Donovan said he’s been in contact with several NBA teams, the Cleveland Cavaliers reportedly being one of them. With Kyrie Irving and yet another number one pick in their pocket, the Cavs are looking pretty appealing right now. Donovan admitted as much yesterday:

“All I can say is I love Florida, I’m happy here … the school’s been great to me,” he said. “But at the same point, some of the NBA stuff, as I’ve said before, is intriguing in a lot of ways — the basketball part of it. That’s not to say that I’m unhappy here; that’s not the case at all.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketbal...next-year/
Not only being a Florida fan but Donavan's a loyal coach and will hang around
maybe he is going to Kentucky lol
Wow...