Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 38 Lawrence County 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Pretty good game. Lawrence kept playing hard and never give in. Lawrence had some very good, long runs against the Ashland defense tonight. They had a TD called back early due to a blatant block in the back that occurred a few yards behind the play. Just a mental mistake on that young man's behalf.

Lawrence was able to accomplish one of their goals and limit the amount of turnovers by fumbling. I believe they only lost 1 fumble tonight. They did throw 3 interceptions. They continually were able to make Ashland put the ball on the ground, but Ashland was able to come up with the majority of the loose balls, one for a TD.

All in all, a decent game to watch. Ashland just had too much firepower, and Lawrence wasn't able to sustain enough drives. Matt Thomas, Fields Davis, and Josh Cordle all ran well tonight.

Special Congratulations to Drew McDavid who broke the Ashland record for receptions in a career. He broke the record held by David Gifford for the last 21 years.
Congrats Ashland!
Any stats from this game? Congrats to the young man for breaking the receptions record. Hope he catches 0 passes next week though Smile:rockon:
Congrats to Ashland
WEll to start with it wasnt a block in the back, the defender leaned into him and then did an acting job, even the offical on our side said it wasnt a block in the back. WE recovered 3 fumbles but they would turn right around and give them back to ashland, one we even came out of the pile and was stand there with the bal while the officals were still looking for the ball and yet they gave it back to Ashland.
And the call on roughing the kicker on 4 and forever was not even close the kid hit the ball and then fell into him and just bull crap call.
Oh well thats the way it is when you play @ Ashland. Good job guys dont hang your heads.
Batpuff Wrote:WEll to start with it wasnt a block in the back, the defender leaned into him and then did an acting job, even the offical on our side said it wasnt a block in the back. WE recovered 3 fumbles but they would turn right around and give them back to ashland, one we even came out of the pile and was stand there with the bal while the officals were still looking for the ball and yet they gave it back to Ashland.
And the call on roughing the kicker on 4 and forever was not even close the kid hit the ball and then fell into him and just bull crap call.
Oh well thats the way it is when you play @ Ashland. Good job guys dont hang your heads.

Usually I dont agree with you on anything but this one I do. The kid from LC was trying to catch up to his teammate when the Ashland player turned his back to him and literally backed up into the LC player. It was a very very bad call, no way around it. Now as far as the game goes the final score doesnt do LC justice. They played very hard tonight and had that early TD not been called back we may have had a different game on our hands. Other than that I thought the officals did a good job. If this is the Ashland team that we will see at JC next week then its going to get very ugly. I wasnt very unimpressed with Thomas as I thought he was a little soft and wouldnt hit the holes but rather dance around.
Bad call on the touchdown catch by ashland.Morgan roberts made a great hit and it just didnt look like he had the ball.I still think our own mistakes beat us and some nice plays by the Tomcats.Look for a JC romp over the Tomcats next week but you never know,,,that is why they play the games.
Way to go Ashland!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Tomcats ! Keep your heads up Dawgs !
Congrats Ashland
Ashland put up a total of 501 yards tonight, and I believe 373 of them came on the ground. I heard on the radio that Matt Thomas had another big game with 177 rushing yards on 18 carries. Fields Davis had 66 rushing yards, and Josh Cordle had 54 yards on 8 carries. I think both teams accomplished something tonight as Ashland did not fumble any snaps and Lawerence had only one fumble, I believe.

A big congrats to Drew McDavid on breaking the record for receptions in a career. Drew has been a great player for the Tomcats and this is quite an accomplishment for him!

I thought we played solid defensively, but I think we'll have to play better in order to stop Johnson Central next week. Josh Cordle and Fields Davis both made some big plays defensively for the Tomcats tonight. Cordle, Drew McDavid, and Matt Thomas each had an interception.

Lawerence County was better than I expected them to be, and from the looks of things they could be really good in a couple years. I credit the Dawgs for playing a hard fought game and not giving in. Their runningbacks really impressed me. If they get an open hole to run through, they can make some big plays. Their QB also looked impressive. He is very fast, and if he works on his throwing some, he could become a force.

On another note, one of Lawerence County's players (#79, I believe it was) got hurt in the second quarter. I'm not sure what the injury was (I don't think it was major), but remember to keep him in your prayers.

All in all, I thought we did a pretty good job tonight cutting back on the turnovers, but next week we're going to be in for a battle. Nice win Tomcats, and I wish the best luck to Lawerence County on the rest of the season. Now, on to Johnson Central....
:thumpsup: :thumpsup:
AshlandTcat06 Wrote:Ashland put up a total of 501 yards tonight, and I believe 373 of them came on the ground. I heard on the radio that Matt Thomas had another big game with 177 rushing yards on 18 carries. Fields Davis had 66 rushing yards, and Josh Cordle had 54 yards on 8 carries. I think both teams accomplished something tonight as Ashland did not fumble any snaps and Lawerence had only one fumble, I believe.

A big congrats to Drew McDavid on breaking the record for receptions in a career. Drew has been a great player for the Tomcats and this is quite an accomplishment for him!

I thought we played solid defensively, but I think we'll have to play better in order to stop Johnson Central next week. Josh Cordle and Fields Davis both made some big plays defensively for the Tomcats tonight. Cordle, Drew McDavid, and Matt Thomas each had an interception. :thumpsup:

Lawerence County was better than I expected them to be, and from the looks of things they could be really good in a couple years. I credit the Dawgs for playing a hard fought game and not giving in. Their runningbacks really impressed me. If they get an open hole to run through, they can make some big plays. Their QB also looked impressive. He is very fast, and if he works on his throwing some, he could become a force.

On another note, one of Lawerence County's players (#79, I believe it was) got hurt in the second quarter. I'm not sure what the injury was (I don't think it was major), but remember to keep him in your prayers.

All in all, I thought we did a pretty good job tonight cutting back on the turnovers, but next week we're going to be in for a battle. Nice win Tomcats, and I wish the best luck to Lawerence County on the rest of the season. Now, on to Johnson Central....
Ashland has a hard game next friday
Congrats to the Tomcats!
I plan on being there.I hope it doesnt come down to a judgement call like the missed call on the field goal last year.
AshlandTcat06 Wrote:Ashland put up a total of 501 yards tonight, and I believe 373 of them came on the ground. I heard on the radio that Matt Thomas had another big game with 177 rushing yards on 18 carries. Fields Davis had 66 rushing yards, and Josh Cordle had 54 yards on 8 carries. I think both teams accomplished something tonight as Ashland did not fumble any snaps and Lawerence had only one fumble, I believe.

I thought we played solid defensively, but I think we'll have to play better in order to stop Johnson Central next week. Josh Cordle and Fields Davis both made some big plays defensively for the Tomcats tonight. Cordle, Drew McDavid, and Matt Thomas each had an interception.

after the game he said he was close to the all time yardage record.
Congrats Ashland
congrats Ashland
t-cat50 Wrote:after the game he said he was close to the all time yardage record.

I also heard that Drew McDavid was very close to breaking the yardage record, and he could possibly have broken it.

I know for a fact that David Gifford holds the Ashland career all-time receiving yardage record with 1167 yards, and Drew McDavid had 810 total career receiving yards going into this season. Before the Lawerence County game, Drew had 295 yards receiving on the season, so that would put him at 1105 career yards before we played Lawerence. It would be great if you or someone else could fill me in on his stats from the Lawerence game, but I'm guessing that if he hasn't broken the record already, he's very close to it.
AshlandTcat06 Wrote:I also heard that Drew McDavid was very close to breaking the yardage record, and he could possibly have broken it.

I know for a fact that David Gifford holds the Ashland career all-time receiving yardage record with 1167 yards, and Drew McDavid had 810 total career receiving yards going into this season. Before the Lawerence County game, Drew had 295 yards receiving on the season, so that would put him at 1105 career yards before we played Lawerence. It would be great if you or someone else could fill me in on his stats from the Lawerence game, but I'm guessing that if he hasn't broken the record already, he's very close to it.
He told me 9 yards.
Batpuff Wrote:WEll to start with it wasnt a block in the back, the defender leaned into him and then did an acting job, even the offical on our side said it wasnt a block in the back. WE recovered 3 fumbles but they would turn right around and give them back to ashland, one we even came out of the pile and was stand there with the bal while the officals were still looking for the ball and yet they gave it back to Ashland.

Ive Always Said Oficaials can cost you a close game However Oficials dont cost you a game by 32 points
Old school Dawg Wrote:I plan on being there.I hope it doesnt come down to a judgement call like the missed call on the field goal last year.

I Am Now Asking For The J.C fans to let it go it is a new season and 2 new teams i saw a photo on BGP Last Year tFrom The Far Endzone and the kick was wide left even some of centrals players have said that but from the sides of putnam it is really hard to tell on kicks @ that end just this year The tomcats had a Kick Look Good Againnt Russell That Could've won the game ( Tomcats won anyway) But was Called No-Good Just Face It The Real Reason That Game Was Lost was cause of Ashlands Team Speed On Defense And Big PLay Capability ON Offense The Kick Wasnt The Only Reason
Congrats Ashland....